Ultimate Team

Timmo

25 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Interesting video from runthefutmarket a out how at five weeks in FIFA is basically broken. The elite tier will keep getting better and no one else can ever catch up.

Wouldn’t pay much attention to that personally.

i can’t ever recall a Fifa where R9, Gullit, Pele etc were obtainable to most people. 

Messi, CR7, Mbappe and Neymar are about as obtainable now as they usually are at this stage, 

Yet lots and lots of cards are much,  much more accessible than previous years.

Bruno, KDB, Sterling, Rashford, Dembele etc are all much cheaper than they usually are at this stage. 

i believe for the majority of average players, the state of the market is an overall positive. Sure, the top tier cards are out of reach, but in the first two months all we need is to survive on meta gold cards until SBC cards and promo cards give us more options. That is happening and will keep happening. 

What I would really like to know, but will never know, is how much real money the supposed 'Top Tier' put in or the equivalent they are gifted to get them to the untouchable stage they are at? I've said before my only goal in UT is to have Larsson in my team and then the best I can manage around him. I've only been able to get him in 3 versions of FIFA, including this year, but the speed with which I picked him up this time was ridiculous. I'm not complaining, as its made this year so much more enjoyable and accessible but its a good example of how things are working this year... and its clearly not sustainable.

I played a 90 ruud, mbappe, 89 cruyff in champs at the weekend and I'm like a rank 3 player.  There must have been 15 million in the team.  I do wonder how much money went into that or if they packed a 94 r9 or something.  I got an mbappe at the start so I can't complain or that but I have never packed a big card and it kind of changes the game.  There is a big difference between mbappe and rashford for example who is the type of player I would usually have.

Yeah some fodder prices are really up. The question is, are they dropping the next big rumoured SBC (Base Icon Upgrade SBC; It’s in the code so it’s coming) but will it come this side of Friday or not?

in any case, 86+ fodder is definitely way up. Modric is 19k and was just 11k less than a week ago, 

Lots of fodder is at max BIN. Personally yeah I’d cash in if I were sitting on some valuable stuff. 85 and below hasn’t jumped as much but 86 upwards definitely has.

I’m presuming most of us were not suckered into the Hero upgrade? I promised myself no gamble-a-thon SBCs this year and I’m sticking to it. 

On 01/11/2021 at 18:07, Steely said:

Oh yes, rolling the dice for utter trash! I am in.

I thought I would build up my fodder using the 78 upgrade... pack 1.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20211101-180551_Companion.thumb.jpg.baba311a0deacffbadea23656941f477.jpg

CL MM has delivered him a partner!

Spoiler

Screenshot_20211102-201120_Companion.thumb.jpg.37075d05a6ec39688bf9420759833926.jpg

I’ve been testing some shit. I’ve been using 4 accounts. It may come as no surprise that my main account which I use most often and have been using for 3 years (with an occasional history of Fifa points purchase) has CONSISTENTLY worse pack luck than the others. 

PSX_20211103_092114.thumb.jpg.ecf5f00db9e86f81f5f15138f8c6ca3e.jpg

Latest team I'm enjoying trying, based on @AlfromSleep's glowing review of Arnoutavitch. 

Silva rulebreaker is a frankly ridiculous card for 22k (including finesse shot trait), all because people refuse to use a two star weak foot card. I really, really like Vidal too.

Four games played, three rage quits, and a very unlucky 2-1 loss. 

What tactics/Instructions are people using for 4222? Its been my formation of choice for some time but I've not been getting on with it as of late.

I think part of it is the two lumps (Milly and Arnie) I have up front, I am ditching them for a more dynamic striker partnership. Any recommendations?

And I've sold VVD already, he felt like a fridge, gave him 6 games but didn't get on with him at all. Varane on the other hand, is great.

I dont know if I was just having consecutive shit connections, but the whole team felt leggy and slow but VVD in particular felt heeeeavy... anyway dropped VVD for a couple of games and it all felt sharp again. :sherlock:

Plus I am quite happy with my SBC De Ligt, which means I can have Maehle at FB.

And now I have an extra 130k to splurge on a new strike force.

2 hours ago, Steely said:

I think part of it is the two lumps (Milly and Arnie) I have up front, I am ditching them for a more dynamic striker partnership. Any recommendations?

RTTK Fekir is a brilliant... Oh.

My 4222 tactics are all very standard. Balanced everything, 45-55 on the sliders, FBs and one CDM on stay back.

I have my CAMs on come back on defense too, but play with this for your style.

What I will say is that it's the patterns of play rather than the tactics that I like. Pass to either of the CAMs who are open, look for the through ball to the striker, if that's not on then either bring it forward and then U pass*, or play back to the CDMs and switch play.

*U pass - from a wide player on the corner of the box, back to CDM, then quickly into the opposite striker. More a V than a U I guess.

1 hour ago, Keiths_Dad said:

I tanked my rating quitting out when I went a goal behind, as I was just chasing wins. It's pretty easy now.

Ah does it match you with similarly rated players? In that case I'll be quite happy to let mine tank as well. It'll only get easier as more players get to it.

2 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Is every game a sweat filled cup final?

Every other game is against mega teams. I faced an Mbappe/Neymar/Red Son(because these people get all the luck)/Ginola etc superteam and had him at 0.0 xG at half time, but just couldn't score despite having 3 xG. In the second half he gets a lucky breakaway after a deflection and of course scores his first shot. Most players know exactly the right way to finish, and coupled with having the best players they will punish anything. He then gets a corner and does that short pass, short pass, cross to free man at back post glitch and there you go, 2 goals conceded from two chances that you had no chance of stopping. It's just brutal.

I got to the top of div 2.  Tbh I'm surprised how easy div rivals has been for me compared to champs.  I feel like I regularly get tanked in champs but not in rivals.  I suspect the bell curve has everyone in 1 and elite because why not when you have technically 11 divisions.....

6 hours ago, MardiganX said:

60B43243-DD53-4A1F-972D-F70E9E4B58A3.thumb.jpeg.d868211bf3f461feea6ceb931e996fb5.jpeg

Mendy is in and I think that’s me complete for a good while. Valverde and Pogba the next potential upgrades but really shouldn’t be any need to change this for quite a while.

looking good!

i just upgraded Valverde for De Jong. He’s only 42k now. And a noticeable upgrade for me.