IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

19 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

Once again, a poor 1-4 start to the WL, not helped by some dodgy server performance, I’ve recovered a bit to 4-5 so halfway to the usual rank target of 8 wins.

Did the Gosens SBC on my phone last night and a rushed pick left me with the version that has boosted shooting rather than the defending which I should have gone for.  

Ouch.

yeah WL servers are terrible during peak times. 

i try to do mine before 10am and after 10pm. 

Sundays aren’t so bad.

3 hours ago, Chewylegs said:

Is it worth me waiting until he's out of packs to sell?  He's currently a pitiful 30k.

I Would just sell. Can’t see him going up in the short term any more than 5k, but can see him possibly going down since it’s not a super-desirable / meta card. 

I managed 2 days away before crawling back. A new team has shaken things up a bit at least. Vinicius Jr is very good, obviously he's lightning quick but he seems to have a level of ball control that hasn't been rivalled by anyone else I've used. Rodrygo is OK, he's not worth the cost right now, but once he's upgraded he should be insane.

Casemiro isn't great, but the only other reasonable option at CM that would keep me on full chemistry is David Silva's RB card, and that was dogshit.

If anyone's on the fence on Parejo, he's essentially a second Llorente. He's well worth doing.

Screenshot_20211107-161603_Companion.jpg

1 hour ago, klargon said:

Decided to go for a team change to keep things interesting. Could do with a hand getting a better set of CB’s and LB. Still need to buy some chem styles too.

3374662F-A1B7-460C-8CEE-E93330AA4F80.jpeg

What formation do you play in-game? 

You could pick up TOTW Alaba who is like 23k and a bit of an upgrade on both your CB. 

There’s an arguement that he’s quite similar to Kounde in stature so might replace Kounde for Alaba…

4 minutes ago, klargon said:

Generally that formation, changing to 4-2-2-2 for attacking

Ok fair enough. I don’t think the personal you have suits that starting formation too well. 4222 is probably much better suited for those players…

i say that because Parejo is probably not a great CAM. His passing - while good - is maybe lacking a bit for that, but the main reason is his height and dribbling stats; combination of those. I think with the right defensive chemistry style he’d be a very good second CDM beside Casemiro, he would obviously be the get-forward CDM and Casemiro the stay-back.

How do you feel about your forwards? You have two left footers and Griezman is 3* weak foot also. Does that cause you any issues, do you feel you need to work around it?

Not trying to be critical - just trying to help! You have the personal to play a 4231 narrow, have you tried that? 

9605F056-37EC-4FD3-B79B-AA3FE00C3F6C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Keiths_Dad said:

I managed 2 days away before crawling back. A new team has shaken things up a bit at least. Vinicius Jr is very good, obviously he's lightning quick but he seems to have a level of ball control that hasn't been rivalled by anyone else I've used. Rodrygo is OK, he's not worth the cost right now, but once he's upgraded he should be insane.

Casemiro isn't great, but the only other reasonable option at CM that would keep me on full chemistry is David Silva's RB card, and that was dogshit.

If anyone's on the fence on Parejo, he's essentially a second Llorente. He's well worth doing.

Screenshot_20211107-161603_Companion.jpg

Can't you use De Jong at CDM? With an Anchor he's very capable.

I had fun on this last night. I decided to build a cheap(ish) team around Gomez (from the Hero upgrade) and take it into the Champs qualifiers after finishing my Champs matches on Friday. I also bought Corona who is basically Dembele but way better at passing and shooting. Both of them absolutely stormed it - Gomez was scoring headers every match. From corners, if the goalkeeper doesn't move, he's absolutely lethal. I ended up getting the Rank 1 8 wins with them and I'm considering using them next weekend ahead of my La Liga team.

53 minutes ago, Timmo said:

Can't you use De Jong at CDM? With an Anchor he's very capable.

I was about to say no, not on full chemistry, but it occurs to me now that actually, with a lot of fucking about and position shifting him to ST, I absolutely could use De Jong.

Which is what I wanted all along because you're right, he's a lovely CDM. Thanks!

EDIT: Scratch that, no I can't. 

2 hours ago, kthxbliz said:

Not trying to be critical - just trying to help! You have the personal to play a 4231 narrow, have you tried that? 

Every time I pick a narrow formation I long for my wide players. I think I need the width in both defence and attack. I don’t have any issues with my front line, but it should be noted that I’m still shit at the game!

Flogged Casemiro for a slight loss without even using him, to raise funds for Bamba for my main team.

31 minutes ago, klargon said:

Every time I pick a narrow formation I long for my wide players. I think I need the width in both defence and attack. I don’t have any issues with my front line, but it should be noted that I’m still shit at the game!

Flogged Casemiro for a slight loss without even using him, to raise funds for Bamba for my main team.

Yeah hear that. Width is important. I play a 4231 narrow but with the right tactics and instructions, it feels wide enough, yet also compact enough. Happy to share if you like, just let me know. 

Also Bamba looks very good now at around 110k! Nice card.

There’s no point worrying about that shit anyway. Not as if it’s real money! I’m hoping he’ll be an improvement over Coman.

I think I’ve been making very minor improvements to my play. I’m trying to just make small changes (like the camera, using driven pass). I looked at a Reddit guide for 3-5-2, but that feels like too much of a change in one go. Some good stuff in there though.

Didn't really enjoy my first WL. Most of my games were a laggy mess, my best red pick was Reece James and my ToTW was Mitrovitch.

Plus side though, it has 'inspired' me to work on my game when facing a big press. I'm not great against it usually and with delay I found it impossible to play out from. It's also inspired me to get better at the press myself.

Any tips, YouTube vids links or tactics to help in these situations all very welcome.