Ultimate Team

Timmo

29 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

Plus side though, it has 'inspired' me to work on my game when facing a big press. I'm not great against it usually and with delay I found it impossible to play out from. It's also inspired me to get better at the press myself.

That Reddit guide I linked to simply says "It's pretty easy to beat Constant Pressure. As soon as you see the team press coming, immediately just start sprinting with the ball carrier toward the sideline. Look for a run in behind on the same near sideline and you'll have beaten the press"

13 minutes ago, Bennette98 said:

With the season ending this week and rewards/packs being given out for your rivals division, do you think it would be a wise idea to sell up shop ahead of a market blip?

No, but also yes, but also maybe.

This year Gold cards will continue to plummet (those that already haven't of course), special cards in packs will steadily fall, and useable out-of-pack cards will rise a bit after black Friday then fall at team of the year.

But having said all that, there's so many Promo cards and so much 'pack supply' this year that timing the market is not only incredibly difficult, but also doesn't really reward you much when you do.

If you have a high value gold card (like say, Pogba or Varane), these are the ones most likely to lose a bunch of value out of nowhere (Mbappe does seem immune so far).

If you have a team you like with no obvious affordable upgrades, I wouldn't worry too much. Think like this:

-Coins are ONLY useful for buying better players.

-Playing the game and selling pack contents brings in steady income.

-It's very easy through trading to make back 20k that you've 'lost' on a card's value.

-The better players will be getting cheaper soon themselves.

TL:DR - I really didn't mean to write an essay here, but basically, I wouldn't bother.

Donnarumma has been really steady for me.  I was running Lloris before him, and I can tell the difference.  Most people have Kimpembe in the back line, so you get the necessary chem from just one player.

Kicking myself at the moment.  I was watching Dembele this morning.  He was dropping heavily and reached 470k (or just below).  I could just afford him at that, but figured he was still dropping, so held off.  He's over 100k more now, thus a distant dream.

Keepers I hate playing against most are Don and Alli. I did play against an in form Kaylor Navas once, he was insaaaaane, but that could have been a one off.

I've got Szcezza, he is solid, never seems to be an unbeatable as the above, but I need him for the Chem.

3 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I'm playing with this now. Lost ten In a row but who cares! Joga Bonita.

Screenshot_2021-11-08-14-15-30-827_com.android.chrome.jpg

Man, you change your team so often?!

Also what div are you in now? 

i think Rivals may be quite sweaty this last few days and a lot of people make a last minute push up the divisions. Although, I guess, that could be applied to say that the current division you’re in might be getting easier also, I dunno. 

i played some Rivals Saturday and it was way easier than last night for some reason. 

Div two. Never getting out. Iv realised this game is 99 percent pay to win 

. One percent skill. No point trying to compete so just play for the lolz.

Coming up against at least two icons in each team plus a Ronaldo, mbappe, Messi or Neymar. No chance. 

Corona is REALLY fun. Only 50k. That goalie is dog shit though. So is the striker but don't really have any other alternatives

I'm in division 4 and made 8 wins and 47 points in the Champions weekend with this team.  I'm not sure how long you've been playing FIFA @carlospie but perhaps you just haven't found your groove yet.  I've stopped trying to copy so called winning formations and just paly my own game.

(The ones ringed are ready for an upgrade!)

Screenshot_20211108-171138.jpg

I'm div two and would rate my ability as average. 

If I had half the teams I am playing in this div I would be a god. All those missed chances, misplaced passes, God mode van dijk, icon or FUT hero upfront certainly all add up.

I played a player yesterday who had five legends. They were gliding over the pitch and making runs I have never seen before. Its pay to win for sure. If it's not, why do I never play average teams? 

I still enjoy it. But games are won and lost before you have even started based on your team

9 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

I'm in division 4 and made 8 wins and 47 points in the Champions weekend with this team.  I'm not sure how long you've been playing FIFA @carlospie but perhaps you just haven't found your groove yet.  I've stopped trying to copy so called winning formations and just paly my own game.

(The ones ringed are ready for an upgrade!)

Screenshot_20211108-171138.jpg

Also why do you have that team but 373k left to spend 😢

@carlospie I gotta add too, I've seen you post a LOT of teams in here, but not once have I ever seen one that looked in any way balanced.

And please don't take this as hostile in any way - I promise it isn't - that latest one makes absolutely zero sense. You've somehow managed to have no midfield defence, poor defenders, and no goal scorer.

@Chewylegs may be running a cheap team, but he has the best gold CDM in the game flanked by a 'box-to-box' guy with better interceptions and better stand tackle stats than any of your midfield three.

9 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

@carlospie I gotta add too, I've seen you post a LOT of teams in here, but not once have I ever seen one that looked in any way balanced.

And please don't take this as hostile in any way - I promise it isn't - that latest one makes absolutely zero sense. You've somehow managed to have no midfield defence, poor defenders, and no goal scorer.

@Chewylegs may be running a cheap team, but he has the best gold CDM in the game flanked by a 'box-to-box' guy with better interceptions and better stand tackle stats than any of your midfield three.

Oh I don't take any offence, but the game is was it is. I think it's fun, but there is definitely a cap on what you can achieve without putting in some big money.

EA are even killing the trading market for this purpose with their free preview 50k packs etc. 

Div 2 is like oh you have Messi, Neymar and mbappe. Ok let's have a game. Its the equivalent of me challenging you to a hundred metre sprint but you start at the eighty metre line then just shout 'get better mate' as soon as you finish. Yeah I might win once in a while if you fall over but even then you auto pick yourself back up and set off at the speed of light. 

Also I go 4222 with this formation, the CF plays at cdm. So it's not that unbalanced....

Screenshot_2021-11-08-17-33-03-971_com.android.chrome.jpg

15 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Also why do you have that team but 373k left to spend 😢

Well, two reasons.  One, I like to have some coins back for any SBCs I want to do if I don't have the fodder available and two, I enjoy playing with this team.  I'm really not one of those players that has to get to the best team as quickly as possible and I find it fairly boring to see the same teams game on game.

After my first Weekender though I realised Moura, Pulisic and Chilwell especially are not good enough for some of the very good players you come up against.  So I've upgraded and happy to give these boys a go for a few games.

(The right wing is a problem though as Ziyech usually comes on for me rather than starts.)

Screenshot_20211108-173811_90b1eae54792124ad2e55a2af802b613.jpg

Just one thing on the 4222.

I don't know if it's Bruno and Bernardo you play in the LAM and RAM roles but they aren't cut out for those position. With the LAM and RAM essentially being full blown wingers they need stacks of pace in those positions.

You could be playing them as Strikers but they aren't that either really.

My team feels pretty competitive in div 2, as @Pants McSkillsays, having some rock solid options at CDM really helps. Tonali and Vidal have been really good for me for a while now despite the relative cheapness. I try to defend with my midfielders, leaving the AI defenders to keep their lines and only taking over when really needed. 

Im finding this FIFA less pay to win than the last few years, finding that in the higher rivals divisions that I’m only getting undone by making mistakes. Keeping off the sprint button has been key so far, I’ve always been guilty of using it far too much other than when there’s space and it’s safe to do so. 

Currently sitting on just over 500k, waiting to see what my options are but my Serie A team is fun to use as well as being pretty meta.  

12 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

I dunno man, if I were facing Icons every game I'd probably run CDMs with a bit more than 71 & 83 interceptions. 

But then you just become another player. And put kante there. Then have the other op french player like fekir around him. And benzema. Then kounde and kimpembe at the back. Oh might as well have Donnaruma then.

I'm not saying I want or deserve to win every game. I'm just saying the game in my opinion is so pay to win, skill is a minute part of it. If your not in the club, you ain't coming in. Only my opinion though.

I want a team focused on Portuguese and/or Portugal league. So I'm never going to have an Uber meta team. But at least it's fun I guess. And a bit different. I think they are they best cdm in the league sadly and the CAMs arnt much better. Or I can pay 1 million plus for Ronaldo!

I sound like a moaner now, which I don't want to so il stop talking about it now. Il keep playing because I love football and it's the only actually option out there. Iv not bought FIFA since FIFA 17 so maybe the world moved on and left me behind.