Ultimate Team

Timmo

I aim for 90. I still find passing can be a pain though - it often goes in a direction I didn’t intend. The through ball seems to only have a very narrow set of circumstances in which it’s useful this year, so I very rarely use it. Driven pass gets used a lot, and I find I use long/lob pass more than usual.

56 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

@Timmono success with headers yet for the Serie A POTM striker but a few close ones and 4 goals in 2 games from running at the defence. 

Have you tried the serie A rule breaker striker who's name evades me? He wins every header I think he has 94 or something insane and is 6 foot 4

Arnautovic. Just came to me. 

29 minutes ago, carlospie said:

Have you tried the serie A rule breaker striker who's name evades me? He wins every header I think he has 94 or something insane and is 6 foot 4

Arnautovic. Just came to me. 

Yes, I’ve had him since it was released, 89 goals in 71 games, he’s brilliant.

I suspect my relatively low number of headed goals is down to my technique rather than the player abilities.  

2 hours ago, nakamura said:

I got this for PS4. Was a gift. Sadly I lost my job so I can't afford to go online at moment. 

Any recommendations when I should open my packs if they still count?

Sorry to hear that mate.

I'd just go ahead and open them now if you can.

14 hours ago, MardiganX said:

Is he going to continue dropping?

It's tough to say, but I don't think he goes back up much if he doesn't fall.

There's been a lot of supply of him off that 81-86 preview pack that's in the store (If you didn't know about this, go look in the promo packs section, and preview your pack, just in case ithe contents are worth more than 20k).

He does go out of packs tonight, which stops the supply, but I only think this stops the price slide instead of making him rise up. And it only takes one new Promo card to make him drop again.

Thanks @Pants McSkill I sold him for 110k, which is less that the peak he hit last night but better than the drop he now seems to be on so happy with that. Now sitting on 264k and nothing encouraging me to make a change. Will carve out this final win for the weekly 7 today, see where those rewards get me and then take stock :)

Oh and I did that exact thing on the promo pack. There was a TOTW Mitrovic in the first pack, which along with the rest came to a total of 22k so 2k profit from it. Then shite in the next promo pack I previewed so just left that.

3 hours ago, Chewylegs said:

To make you feel better, I packed him this morning in the preview promo pack going on.  Sold for 94k.  I'm happy with that too.

Ah shit, that's annoying you didnt get him a little sooner. Still 94k is not to be sniffed at, nice one.

I just won another 2 games in a row making it 8 on the spin now. Could maybe push into Division 3 later today if I get a chance but happy with where I am. My last game the opposing team was ridiculous. Alisson, AAA (Rulebreaker), VVD, Varane, Robertson (CL Live), Veratti (Rulebreaker), Bernardo Silva (CL Live), Messi, Mbappe, Ronaldo (OTW), Son (TOTW). How the actual fuck do people get teams like that put together. Wouldnt say they were a particularly good player considering the tools at their disposal but fuck me that is a ridiculous 11 to have.

22 games now across Division 3 and Champs Qualifiers, and not once have I been outclassed. It's not a viewpoint that you see often, but I'm finding it really heartening to see that my losses have been due to delay or game mechanics. Eg my last loss came from a drop back long ball guy, and both his goals were simply because the game wouldn't give me the defender I wanted - and both times the turnover in possession was down to the pass not going to the player I intended.

And while I used to find that rage-inducingly frustrating, now I take solace that I absolutely belong at this level. And it gives me a concrete area in which to improve too. I can work on making my passes go where I want every time. I can work on player switching. Yes, by being the 'better' player, I 'deserve' to win against a rely-on-auto-block-and-spam-long-balls-to-95-pace-winger cunts, but that's not the game and that's also not how actual football works.

In Fifas past, I just never knew how to improve. Was it my tactics or my players or lack of skill moves or some secret 'thing' I needed to do? Now, I have proof I'm on the right tracks, so I can enjoy the game regardless.

I’ve been looking at where I can improve my Serie A team and one of my dilemmas is that I really want IF Theo Hernandez to replace Spinnazola. Only thing, spending 180k on a left back just doesn’t seem right to me (even his gold is 26k which is a hefty amount compared to the 1.5k Spin is). 

Im now 450k into saving for Di Natale, his price is slowly coming down so some major luck with rivals rewards would be ideal. Every time I’ve played a team with him in it they’ve smashed me, enhancing my need to have him in my team. The season rewards for div 2 look decent, albeit untradeable. 

1 hour ago, MardiganX said:

My last game the opposing team was ridiculous.

My experience so far with Div 2 has been bad.  3/4 teams I played last night had multiple icons (the other only had one).  All 4 teams had Neymar.

I didn't actually want to get promoted.  I was on a streak in 3:1, and the game I wanted to lose was one where my opponent scored an own goal and quit before I could do anything!

11 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

I’ve been looking at where I can improve my Serie A team and one of my dilemmas is that I really want IF Theo Hernandez to replace Spinnazola. Only thing, spending 180k on a left back just doesn’t seem right to me (even his gold is 26k which is a hefty amount compared to the 1.5k Spin is). 

I loved Spinny but Theo seems to be a real step above, I'd certainly just role with his gold, the IF cost is silly.

4 minutes ago, klargon said:

I've got him, but I'm probably not the best person to provide feedback, as I only really use him as a sub.  He's not really impressed me.  Doesn't seem to be much fuss about him on Futbin, although you have to take that with a pinch of salt.

Thanks man. I'm really just looking at changes for the sake of it right now, which is the wrong way to do it, so will hold off for now. 

22 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Has anyone done the Parejo SBC and if so is he any good? I have untradeable Pogba and his decent with his physicality making him an excellent CM but Parejo looks like a decent step up, especially in pace.

I've been using him, and he's great. As Klargon says, there's no real reason to have him over Llorente, but I'm currently running both and loving my life.