IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

15 hours ago, klargon said:

Hang on, what was the point in me having a full quota of champs points if it just clears them? It wouldn’t let me qualify after last weekend. Now I’m back to zero.

This has happened to me too. Turned it on last night, thought I must have enough to do play offs or near as damn it.....zero fucking points!  Also, am I wrong in thinking Rival rewards give you points too?  So I didn't choose rewards until last night but it still said 0 points afterwards.

Icon gate. 

So the Base Icon SBC was throwing out Mid Icons, lots of Peles. 

So to rectify this, EA sent all those that got a Mid Pele a tradable Baby Pele which are all flooding the market for 3m.

What a fucking shambles. 

1 minute ago, hannay said:

Icon gate. 

So to rectify this, EA sent all those that got a Mid Pele a tradable Baby Pele which are all flooding the market for 3m.

What a fucking shambles. 

Yeah, this is fucked up. Instead of fixing their mistake, they just doubled down on it.

43 minutes ago, hannay said:

Icon gate. 

What a fucking shambles. 

I played someone who this had clearly happened to, mid Pele and a nice team built from selling Baby Pele.

How the fuck can I be sitting on 357k and not a single player in that price range jumps out at me as someone I need?! So many Icons I could get and everyone of them I’m like 🙄

UCL Live Rodrygo looks a decent shout to replace Dembele as he looks almost guaranteed to get a boost in a couple weeks and is already very good on his 84 overall version. But still 🙄

1 hour ago, hannay said:

Icon gate. 

What a fucking shambles. 

Why not just leave them with a mid Pele, seems the sensible thing to do.

It's not a bad pull, but I look at a card like that and I think to myself it's probably no better than the Fekir that I got for about 80k.

Like @MardiganX says, a lot of the icons are very average nowadays - I think the constant power creep on promo cards, with the icons staying static, has led us to a point where there's very little point in running icons any more. Even base cards are insane now, Llorente is about 50k, and he's easily as good as the base Barnes and mid Veron I had a couple of weeks ago. I'm looking at the list of base icons on FUTBin, and only about half of the first page would get into my team right now. We've not even got to Christmas yet.

This Adidas promo tonight sounds like it could be fucking bonkers, too.

Iv never had an icon and like you say, they have lost a lot of their appeal. I mean if I got Paul scholes, why would I use him. There is no reason to unless your a big man utd.

Cheers for the rat team advice it's working a treat. Smashed some Uber team early with it. I'm undecided on bamba he seems a bit shit!

I know what you mean.  I look at eder militao who on a promo day you can get for 700 coins.  To me that is mental after like 6 weeks.  His stats are very similar to base Sol Campbell or rio. He's better than 75 percent of the icon CBs 

There's one big problem with icons, and that's that they're way, way, way too fucking rare. There's absolutely no need for it. If they were common and cheaper you'd see people using a shit Giggs card to link players from separate leagues together in early weeks. Teams would be way more varied in general. I've packed one icon in my entire FIFA career. I bet most of you are similar. It's really dumb. 

I think Icons dwindling influence is shown in the prices. Especially the shite ones. Way back when, they would never drop anywhere near 100k.

Them previously being required for SBCs probably influenced that more than anything.

Side note: I miss league SBCs and players. 😑

31 minutes ago, Steely said:

Can someone explain the new promo to me like I'm five years old please?

I don't get it.

They're already boosted based on what type of boots they wear, they'll get upgraded again end of December by a bit, then the stat based on their boots (pace, dribbling or passing) will go to 99 at the end of April, when your team will be full of all the fucking amazing cards that come out between now and then making these cunts redundant. 

46 minutes ago, Steely said:

I think Icons dwindling influence is shown in the prices. Especially the shite ones. Way back when, they would never drop anywhere near 100k.

Them previously being required for SBCs probably influenced that more than anything.

Side note: I miss league SBCs and players. 😑

League SBCs were a great way to get some decent packs, I also wish they’d return. 

As for Icons, out with the very best they just don’t have the appeal they used to due to all the random specials that are thrown out by EA early in the game cycle. They were much more fun to have and use early when the only specials around were IF and POTM cards. In fifa 18 I saved my coins for ages to get Socrates but just don’t have the urge to do that anymore. While it’s good being able to build powerful teams quickly, I do miss grinding out games with not so super players for a while, finding a good combo in a team until upgrades were possible. 

29 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

League SBCs are back but not in the same enjoyable grindable way they were until Fifa 20. I did each League multiple times in Fifa 20. BPL card Max Meyer was one of my favourite cards that year.

I saw they were back in a different form. Not the same as having to build squads of each club in the leagues 

Fuck me, the servers are awful tonight. I was 6-4 for champions, but I've lost 3 on the bounce due to lag making it unplayable unless you just play through balls to your 99 pace strikers all game. 12 wins is all but gone, I just want to get to 8 and fuck it off now.