IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

6 minutes ago, hannay said:

So, just before the season ended I got to Div 4. Its too much for me and just can't win a game now, even friendlies which use your rivals ranking. 

Totally killed the game for me. 

It should have knocked you back to 6 or 7, no?

I'm really struggling in div 5 after being fine in Div 3 last season. I do *feel* like I'm losing way more than before due to poor touches/passing/delay/player switching type stuff, but that could well be subjective of course. Maybe there's a lot of good players who stopped at div 3 last season, and are refusing to be promoted. Maybe there's some new meta tactic that's really good (I'm facing a lot more 4231 recently). Maybe I've just forgotten how to play.

I'm not really enjoying the game at the moment though, and all this uncertainty is a big factor. I'd much rather just lose and know it's because the other guy is better. 

33 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

I'm really struggling in div 5 after being fine in Div 3 last season. I do *feel* like I'm losing way more than before due to poor touches/passing/delay/player switching type stuff, but that could well be subjective of course. Maybe there's a lot of good players who stopped at div 3 last season, and are refusing to be promoted. Maybe there's some new meta tactic that's really good (I'm facing a lot more 4231 recently). Maybe I've just forgotten how to play.

I'm not really enjoying the game at the moment though, and all this uncertainty is a big factor. I'd much rather just lose and know it's because the other guy is better. 

Would recommend not to over think it. It’s just the week one sweat levels. It will settle down soon as you’ll be on the rise again. Worst thing you can do is start needlessly changing things that worked before, and doubting yourself. Of course, there are always things you can do to make small improvements to your game over time. Just keeping looking for those marginal gains. 

Forget Insigne! I’ve dumped Dembele to the bench for NU Asensio and he is glorious. Doesn’t have that meta burst of acceleration when the gate opens but so much more finesse and availability in great positions.

Brought Llorente too at CDM as his price must mean something is right with him, but have yet to play with him in the team. Looks a lot of fun and even with my 375k wedge about as good as I could hope for in UT.

1AA37190-331C-4652-95F0-09BE398C6AF5.thumb.jpeg.a69bd3c75b96027844c78f2751e7e875.jpeg

I think I peaked last night, I played the person who was ranked 252 in the world last season (https://www.futwiz.com/en/fut-champions/user/FUTWIZ_NiKSNEB/618854), a pro, and beat him 5-2. He had 95 Pele and a 10 million coin team and everything. Sorry to brag but I'm not sure my videogaming career will reach a height like that again. A height of beating a 17 year old at pretend football.

Edit - just seen it was all on Twitch, I might try and find it

54 minutes ago, Timmo said:

I think I peaked last night, I played the person who was ranked 252 in the world last season (https://www.futwiz.com/en/fut-champions/user/FUTWIZ_NiKSNEB/618854), a pro, and beat him 5-2. He had 95 Pele and a 10 million coin team and everything. Sorry to brag but I'm not sure my videogaming career will reach a height like that again. A height of beating a 17 year old at pretend football.

Edit - just seen it was all on Twitch, I might try and find it

I’d really like to see that man. Can you comment under these videos to ‘show support’? 😁

16 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

I’d really like to see that man. Can you comment under these videos to ‘show support’? 😁

Unfortunately it looks like he might not have been streaming. I used my free monthly prime subscription so I could see all his videos but last night isn't there.

I've done this in the past (never with anyone as good as him, just normal streamers), and it's funny to see how they react, pretty similar to me when I lose, haha. 

Played someone earlier with what must have been around a 6m starting 11 but managed to shut them all down, except for one player.

Played my best first half of the season to go into the break 5-2 up and thinking that promotion to div 3 was wrapped up. Then it all started to go wrong and I just couldn’t stop Mbappe who scored his 2nd, 3rd and 4th of the game (I just couldn’t get near him) to make it 5-5 on the 80th minute. Somehow, I managed to cool it down and a further 2 goals in 6 mins forced the rage quit. 😅

When I don’t sprint too much and keep off the through balls I’ve been playing really well recently but those bad habits always seem to creep in when the pressure is on. 

13 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Thanks have purchased that celebration, I splashed out 195K yesterday completing my team with buying Salah. I have Icon Rush on the bench but liked the green lines.

image.thumb.png.cf9dea9a8b27a7d6718bd337b511e0dc.png

What team do you support

9 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Thanks have purchased that celebration, I splashed out 195K yesterday completing my team with buying Salah. I have Icon Rush on the bench but liked the green lines.

Nice. For your next upgrade, I'd highly recommend base Barnes for the midfield, he'd be a huge upgrade on either Ox or Henderson. 

I had a similar team last year, although I had Owen and Barnes in so I could get flashback Suarez on full chemistry as well. It was a lot of fun, I'll probably work towards a similar team again at some point this year.

9 hours ago, gospvg said:

Thiago in a midfield 3 is immense. I've had him since day 1. Gold Bobby is great but TOTW is even better so I'd recommend him.