Ultimate Team

Timmo

I've lost interest in FUT so decided to sell up last week.

Got 1.2 million coins sitting waiting for my return later in the year.

Only players I have kept as investments are 1x Sabitzer OTW (bought for 34k, currently 55k) and 1x Rodrygo RTTK (bought for 230k, currently 232k)

Worth noting that Bayern are playing tonight. Those OTW’s may hit their peak during the game. Mind you, I don’t think Tomori has really dropped, so who the hell knows. FWIW I have Sabitzer listed for max price and Upa at an incredibly optimistic 379k

1 hour ago, gooner4life said:

I'd sell both of them, Rodrygo wont go up much more and upgrades stop after the knockouts, and Sabitzer isn't going to ever be very in demand.

No upgrades on the RTTK cards after the knockouts? So qualifying and winning 3 of the group stage games are their only opportunity at upgrades?

4 minutes ago, Bennette98 said:

No upgrades on the RTTK cards after the knockouts? So qualifying and winning 3 of the group stage games are their only opportunity at upgrades?

Yep.

I’m fully expecting a further promo / batch of cards for RTTF which will almost certainly be a different selection of players. 

I've sold up pretty much everything so 2.8 million.  It looks like a few interesting players incoming.  I like 5 star skills and if possible 5 star weak foot.  I did draxler to link in neymar and I'd like to get the liga nos link for corona and play them both up front.  

Could be an interesting week.  I also have gravenberch so could do neres but the 3 star weak foot really puts me off.  

I played Tekkz yesterday, he has the most ridiculous 15-20m team. I actually did alright in the first half and should even have taken the lead, missing a one on one with Son. Ended up going in just 2-1 down, but he killed me off in the second half with Mbappe, including an insane overhead kick goal, and I lost 4-1. 

48 minutes ago, Timmo said:

I played Tekkz yesterday, he has the most ridiculous 15-20m team. I actually did alright in the first half and should even have taken the lead, missing a one on one with Son. Ended up going in just 2-1 down, but he killed me off in the second half with Mbappe, including an insane overhead kick goal, and I lost 4-1. 

Yeah no shame in that man, gg. What’s your SR?

I've been really focusing on improving my passing over the last two weeks, but I just can't get the game to consistently pass to the player I want it to. I just went through a game I played and 40% of the time I lost possession, it was because the pass was to a player I *didn't think* I was aiming at.

Anyone got any tips? Any Youtube videos out there that deal with this? Unless this is a common complaint, I must be doing something wrong, but I'll be utterly fucked if I can figure out what.

20 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

I've been really focusing on improving my passing over the last two weeks, but I just can't get the game to consistently pass to the player I want it to. I just went through a game I played and 40% of the time I lost possession, it was because the pass was to a player I *didn't think* I was aiming at.

Anyone got any tips? Any Youtube videos out there that deal with this? Unless this is a common complaint, I must be doing something wrong, but I'll be utterly fucked if I can figure out what.

On every platform I check, Reddit, Facebook etc there are widespread complains about the accuracy of passing since the last patch / season 2 beginning. I’ll be honest I noticed it myself but I have been taking responsibility on myself and searching for reasons beyond taking the easy route of blaming the game. However, I’m probably at a point of saying yeah - it’s the game, it’s not really me. So while my reply here doesn’t give you any advice at least it should offer some comfort in knowing it’s not just you. I have literally stopped using through balls and crosses as they are so wildly inaccurate and unpredictable. Unfortunately it means I am resorted to safe and predictable passes making me an easier opponent. I’m not sure what else to say but hang in there and hope for a fresh patch soon 

3 hours ago, kthxbliz said:

Yeah no shame in that man, gg. What’s your SR?

Under 1,800, I find the elite league horrendously difficult with the average team being about 2m coins at least. I was ranked about 8,000 I think, but that will have gone down. Think I'll ease off until some more get promoted. 

I can answer that. I've had to do my entire WL today.

I've gone 8-12, grabbing the last win on the last game. I got no gifted wins, despite having 11 players quit on me after kick-off. Not that I demand free wins of course, but my favourite was the guy who hard pressed me, cleared a chip off the line, booted it out and then quit.

I can't pin a single game that I can say I lost because the other guy played better... and that CAN'T be true. I absolutely must have played a much better player than myself. Of course I did. But the game was so unresponsive and so unwieldy I can't tell you which games they were.

On reflection, was it worth it? 

No.

But did I have fun?

Also no.