Ultimate Team

Timmo

Now that I'm I'm poor again.

I'm going team England! Then having players to work towards, first I have to work my way through those promo championship players and possibly Oxford.

Loving Phil Jones. :lol: mainly got him in there just to upset people as he is pretty good, and I like to think he upsets the opposition when he plays so well against there high rated attackers.

I never get the 74 ratings, I think he is an 84 based on his actual stats, higher with shadow.

Screenshot_20211130-152311_Companion.thumb.jpg.1b5d83b55de3cb53e0249a722041ae50.jpg

Yeah, there has to be something to it as its not a coincidence that so many people see players completely change how they play. In terms of absolute consistency Alaba OTW, Dias (was standard but now SS) Llorente, Fekir and Larsson have never let me down. Larsson especially is just a dream scoring 114 goals in 104 games for me with 35 assists to boot. I've accepted I am going to miss out on using a lot of quality players but the only striker I will change him for is his 90 card whenever it is available. Actually, when will the top Icon cards be available? 

35 minutes ago, Steely said:

I'm going team England! Then having players to work towards, first I have to work my way through those promo championship players and possibly Oxford.

Loving Phil Jones. :lol: mainly got him in there just to upset people as he is pretty good, and I like to think he upsets the opposition when he plays so well against there high rated attackers.

I never get the 74 ratings, I think he is an 84 based on his actual stats, higher with shadow.

Screenshot_20211130-152311_Companion.thumb.jpg.1b5d83b55de3cb53e0249a722041ae50.jpg

Numbers Up Declan Rice would go nice in there in place of Hendo!

35 minutes ago, Steely said:

I prefer the Davies promo CB to Pask. Also would love to see you with a Lineker up top, he's a goal machine (although not great at anything else).

Yeah, silly amount if stuff to work towards with an England set up, what don't cos the earth, as the vast majority of them are free. (Foden and Tomori being the only really pricey ones..(not counting icons)

I'll start with those free championship players, Laurent looks very good too, probably him and Rice in midfield.

2 minutes ago, Steely said:

Yeah, silly amount if stuff to work towards with an England set up, what don't cos the earth, as the vast majority of them are free. (Foden and Tomori being the only really pricey ones..(not counting icons)

I'll start with those free championship players, Laurent looks very good too, probably him and Rice in midfield.

Foden Rulebreakers is an interesting card. Personally I think it's massively overpriced. It costs 10x the cost of the inform, but needs a dribbling boost as that stat is the one that is reduced from his base card. If you put it with an engine next to the inform with a hunter you can see that the inform is a bit faster and only gets beaten in passing. It still has 86 short pass and 80 long pass. I really wouldn't bother with the Rulebreaker.

Screenshot_20211130-163655.thumb.png.ebe03e5906fdd74513a4629e74b469b0.png

2 hours ago, Timmo said:

Foden Rulebreakers is an interesting card. Personally I think it's massively overpriced. It costs 10x the cost of the inform, but needs a dribbling boost as that stat is the one that is reduced from his base card. If you put it with an engine next to the inform with a hunter you can see that the inform is a bit faster and only gets beaten in passing. It still has 86 short pass and 80 long pass. I really wouldn't bother with the Rulebreaker.

Screenshot_20211130-163655.thumb.png.ebe03e5906fdd74513a4629e74b469b0.png

Majorly beaten on passing though, which is a bit of a problem......but yes, seriously overpriced. 

I’ve just sold Signature Signing Ruben Dias for 323k. That’s a 110k profit. He was excellent but honestly didn’t feel any different to standard Dias with a Shadow chem. No defender is worth that when other parts of the team need improved :) just hope to fuck his value doesn’t keep climbing now 🙄

2 minutes ago, Timmo said:

The OTW and TOTW were for everyone, there was a cut off date in August for the hero packs, unfortunately. 

Yeah it was 11th August I think but thought I had pre-ordered before then. Must not have. Ah well, cant actually see a Hero that would actually improve my current starting 11 so seems slightly pointless to release them at this stage when they are redundant for most teams.

I was thinking last night while playing against a few fairly standard all gold Prem teams... the squads we have are the outliers in terms of UT in general arent they? Like we have fairly powerful set-ups compared to most, apart from the top end crackpots dont we? I've got to this point in UT a few times but never sustained my progression to the point where TOTY and TOTS players were achieveable but I'm all in for hitting that madness this year.

Managed to do flashback Benzema with only needing to buy a signature player, had the rest in my club and he’s so good. Helped me qualify for the finals with games to spare and promotion to div 2 with three straightforward wins that were needed to go up. Top team is starting, switching to the 4222 in game. 

I still have Di Natale and glad I never sold him now as his price has started to rise. Think I’ll cash in on him when he looks like topping out. Would then mean I can get the upgraded versions of Vinicius and Dembele in to try out. 

54E92DC1-FCC1-424B-A398-6E4A3A7F0279.jpeg

3CB6059D-B939-4568-B76C-F08EC26F533B.jpeg

5 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

Managed to do flashback Benzema with only needing to buy a signature player, had the rest in my club and he’s so good. Helped me qualify for the finals with games to spare and promotion to div 2 with three straightforward wins that were needed to go up. Top team is starting, switching to the 4222 in game. 

I still have Di Natale and glad I never sold him now as his price has started to rise. Think I’ll cash in on him when he looks like topping out. Would then mean I can get the upgraded versions of Vinicius and Dembele in to try out. 

54E92DC1-FCC1-424B-A398-6E4A3A7F0279.jpeg

3CB6059D-B939-4568-B76C-F08EC26F533B.jpeg

Vini POTM looks likely so be careful with his cards. 

14 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

Good shout, cheers pal. Might just keep using  the 83 version for time being, that one is still good. My one is untradeable so no coins risked on it. 

What we doing with Vini? I've had him since the start and he has been sensational but a POTM version would be lovely. How pricey is he likely to be? I was about to dump my entire war chest on 90 Figo but will probably hold off now.

I was getting a bit bored of FIFA, so I've stolen @Steely's idea and built an England team. This is how I line up. My thoughts so far are that Owen and the defence are fine, Gerrard and Rice are limited but work well as destroyers, then I'm not getting enough out of the CAMs - I'm unsure if this is the players I've gone with, or just getting used to a new formation having been on a 5212 for a while. Joe Cole definitely isn't worth the coins either way though, I might go for that Edwards signature card instead and use the extra 100k to upgrade elsewhere.

As far as where I go from here, I'm planning to swap out Ashley Cole for that EFL LB from the objectives, which will free up more coins to maybe look at Rooney instead of Barnes, and Gomez looks like a dead cert to be upgraded to either Campbell or Ferdinand at some point, probably via either the Bundesliga or EFL objectives CBs. I might need to cheat a little bit with regards to the keeper too, because I don't think Pope's up to standard, and the other English options right now are woeful.

image.thumb.png.dee7b13c24376b1236409005e1c55be4.png

So much better than mine! :lol: Damn Icons.

I started with Pope thinking of last year, but his handling is shocking, he dropped absolutely everything. IF Ramsdale has been a big step up.

I'm going to join you on the Edwards one I think, he looks pretty tidy!

All the big cards/icons are way up, so I threw this together to get my rivals wins before tomorrow, and to try some of these new cards.

I've won 5 in a row, scored between 3-6 goals a game, gotten promoted, and all at 96 chem.

4222 in-game, Nkunku and Fekir swap places.

And while it's only been 5 games, Nkunku is something special. Very, very tempted by his PotM now.

PSX_20211201_162324.thumb.jpg.abf827238b883712ba586485413d93fd.jpg

15 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

All the big cards/icons are way up, so I threw this together to get my rivals wins before tomorrow, and to try some of these new cards.

I've won 5 in a row, scored between 3-6 goals a game, gotten promoted, and all at 96 chem.

4222 in-game, Nkunku and Fekir swap places.

And while it's only been 5 games, Nkunku is something special. Very, very tempted by his PotM now.

PSX_20211201_162324.thumb.jpg.abf827238b883712ba586485413d93fd.jpg

Nice team. Hold off on Nlunku as we are getting TOTGS on Friday and I expect him to be in it.