Ultimate Team

Timmo

38 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

@Pants McSkillhow has Rodrygo RTTK been? I’m tempted to add him into my team once Dumfries gets his OTW upgrade but at the moment need Dembele to get Hernandez on 7 chem at RB. 

Got him on my second account and play him as second ST with FB Benz. Even his 84 card was nice so he’s gonna be saucy at 87.

Question.  If I save my packs from Rivals until after the weekend league, will the 500 champions points I get from them be added to the total to qualify again?  My understanding is if I open now, with me already qualified for the Champions weekend, I just lose those points.

1 hour ago, Chewylegs said:

Question.  If I save my packs from Rivals until after the weekend league, will the 500 champions points I get from them be added to the total to qualify again?  My understanding is if I open now, with me already qualified for the Champions weekend, I just lose those points.

Yeah, pretty sure thats how it works. You basically dont earn any points while you are qualified and when your play-off or WL run ends you start back at zero regardless of how many things you have done that would normally have earned you points. I expect its the same with the weekly rewards so its a lot to just lose out on due to you already being qualified. Bit shit really!

Cheers, a bit frustrating then as I don't play that much. I was hoping if I went in to the Champion's weekend this weekend I'd be able to click on my rival packs afterwards and get the 500 points, but it sounds like I will have to wait until after the weekend games or just not worry about the 500 points.

I had the same last week where I finished my play-offs after being qualified for a few weeks but just not getting a chance to play and so all the games and rewards I had in that time meant nothing in terms of championship points. Its fine if you are a fucking mutant that has the Rivals > Play-offs > WL weekly cycle burned into your way of life but for everyone else its a bit shit.

Played a few games with RTTK Rodrygo but didn’t really get on with him so sold for a small profit and got in RB Dembele who’s made an immediate impact, leading to my weekly rivals grind being complete already. 

The 3 at the back didn’t work out well so I’ve scrapped that and now playing a 424 and just going for it from the start. Risk/reward with that setup but it’s guaranteed goals. Since I moved Stoichkov from being a LF or CAM he’s really started to shine at striker alongside Benzema. He’s got some weird animations when shooting but if he’s in space to shoot he’s lethal. 

15 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Is RB Dembele as good as his price suggests @AlfromSleep? I'm scraping together a bit more coin with the intention of grabbing Figo (90) because he is just so fucking handsome but RB Demeble might be a more sensible purchase.

I’ve won 6 Div 2 games in a row since I got him into my team, causes havoc in the opposition defence which opens up space for Stoichkov and Benzema to finish off attacks. 

Figo actually looks really good, I’d have considered him if I’d not just dropped half a million on Dembele. Maybe an option I’ll explore after the weekend league. 

If that Team of the Group stage is right, there may be even more Vinicius options available, he’s a shoe in for La Liga POTM in the fan voting so I’ll be keeping a close look at what happens there. The 83 I’ve had since week 1 is now proving to be so much better as a starter on full chem than when I tried him as a sub. 

I've been running Vini 83 since my first game and have not once thought about replacing him. I'm really not interested in sinking all my coins into an over priced untradeable POTM though, no matter how good he is so likely hold off until his 85 or that potential TOTGS card hits a reasonable price.

Figo though 😍 

Absolutely man. Seems crazy to drop hundreds of thousands of coins doing the SBCs for some of these guys unless you plan to never stop using them. It’s why I’m happy to drop close to 600k on Figo as while his value may drop I’m always going to have a good bit of stock tied up in him. 

Larsson is slightly different in that his 86 card value has dropped roughly 200k since I bought him but I will only change him for the 90 version. 

1 hour ago, AlfromSleep said:

@MardiganXKing Kenny looks amazing but he’s really expensive!

Yeah, his 5 star weak foot seems to make him more expensive than his stats would suggest but if one day I end up flush enough to have them both in my team then I will probably need to retire having completed FIFA!

This game is heartbreaking at times. 9 fit qualifiers. 9 games Vs teams with a minimum of 4 icons and maximum of 9. 5 of them with either Ronaldo, vinicius IF and or Kimpembe god mode.

Lost before it's even kicked off. I take it quals have no match making at all?

10 hours ago, carlospie said:

This game is heartbreaking at times. 9 fit qualifiers. 9 games Vs teams with a minimum of 4 icons and maximum of 9. 5 of them with either Ronaldo, vinicius IF and or Kimpembe god mode.

Lost before it's even kicked off. I take it quals have no match making at all?

the match isn’t lost before it’s kicked off. You need to try and shake this attitude! It does of course become a self-fulfilling prophecy… 

Qualifying is form based so if you lose your first 3 matches you’ll face others with a negative record. It’s entirely possible to lose the first 4 then win the next 5 due to easier opponents.

don’t get disheartened by opponents teams - if you’re someone who is easily triggered that way… look away from the screen! It used to bug me last fifa as everyone had a better team than me, and looking away from the screen really helps. 

I prefer facing a strong team.

If I'm facing a team weaker than mine, then that opponent has gotten to a similar level as me with worse tools, so in theory is a stronger player.

A much stronger team implies there's more chance the opponent relies on the boosted stats of the cards instead of his own play.

I do appreciate this is a very simplistic view, but it certainly holds some traction in my experience.

And to echo @kthxbliz, the mental aspect of Fifa is way more important that your team. I only believe I'm going to lose when I'm 3-0 down after 20 minutes. And even then I can still pull it back...

Yeah, earlier on in Champs I found myself 3-0 down early on. Kept going, got one back before halftime, then clawed myself level twice more before an extra time winner. Next game, Mendy was sent off after 27 minutes with a two goal deficit. Recovered that one too and won a shootout (almost had it won in extra time until the opponent exploited the gaps). 

If I’m struggling in a game, I try to hold onto the ball for a while to calm down a bit.