IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

I've no intention of playing weekend league in this fifa due to the usual lag fest compared to rivals. So as an experiment I tried losing all 9 game to see if quitting affected the opponent level. Without doubt it does. Started against 4 icons and by game 5 there was Phil Jones in defence. By game 9 I could barely find anyone else to match up against who was 0-8. When I did the guy quit out in the exact same way I would have had I had kick off. So in summary don't be afraid to quit out to get an easier next match. 

I have a really weird experience with my connection on FIFA. Thursday night it was doing the feeeze and fast forward routine during games making it completely unplayable. Even resetting my router at the input didn’t sort it, but doing the same yesterday got me back to a silky smooth connection and Rivals working great. Shouldn’t have to do so much fucking about in this day and age for a online connection no matter how popular it might be.

Got my 7 wins and promotion to Division 4 before calling it a night yesterday. Figo has been incredible with goals and / or assists in every game so more than happy with what he cost. Larsson still terrorising people. Aiming to get at least another couple wins on the spin to hit a better reward rank in Div 4 but not fussed if don’t get there. 

Has anyone scored from a free kick yet? I’ve done the skill games for them a lot now but it feels like a different set of rules for them during a match. 

Got to rank 3 with 3 finals games to spare. Rewards were nothing special. Diaby red being the best of those, three discard informs from the TOTW pack and three 85 rated keepers in the 100k pack. 

@MardiganXi haven’t scored a free kick yet on this version, just can’t work out what to do in game to get them to go in. 

I've scored a couple - I aim just above the crossbar in whichever corner is closest to the taker, decent amount of power, then a quick flick up on the right stick for some topspin. This is the best way I've found to score direct, however it's probably better to see if there's a spare man in the box to pass to first.

3 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Short pass, cunts standing on the line and all the other shit that would be simply ridiculous in a real game should be outlawed.

I find the short pass is the best weapon against cunts standing on the line, and is why no cunt stands on the line in real life. Therefore, short pass is acceptable as far as I'm concerned.

4 hours ago, carlospie said:

Iv scored double digits freekicks. I aim above the cross bar at the corner, half power, then as my player is about to kick the ball press down and shoot again. I once scored three in one match!

( Still can't qual for FUT champs though)

I’ll give that a try next time I’m playing. Stoichkov has a power free kick trait so that should help. 

I’m not convinced in the balancing. I’ve just lost 7 or 8 in a row in champions, and the opponents aren’t getting any easier. One of the recent games was clearly a second account (created sept 21) of a high level player. I was 6-0 down within 20 minutes, and they were berating me straight away demanding I quit.

Managed to get into division 1 for the first time ever (I know it’s technically div 2 given there’s Elite now, but still counts 😆). First game was against this team worth 6m+so I expected a hiding but after a dodgy start I got it under control and ran out 4-2 winners. 6CF531F8-9B44-483B-A79C-4B55C7716DA7.jpeg.6604f2ca705115d2ab86dd3b28638639.jpeg

Bought that Nkunku ToGs card, played 1 game, went out yesterday, logged in this morning, he's down 70k.

Oops.

In other news though, high rated fodder is all cheaper than it's been for a while.

Eg Jadon Sancho is currently 17k, was recently at a high of 24k.

If you have a pile of coins (and more importantly some patience), now's a good time to load up.

I'm grabbing one of each, might just go unassigned on them.

Got a milestone untradeable ultimate pack for scoring in 200 rivals games, packed TOTT Cancelo. Shame I can’t fit him in currently. 

Ive picked up a TOTT Chiesa now that he’s non extinct on PS4. Rumours on twitter that Cuadrado might be in the running for Serie A POTM so he’d have green links to Chiesa and De Ligt who’s due for a further boost this week if Juve beat Malmö. 

I hope the game isn’t lulling me into a false sense of security. That’s two div 1 games and I’ve won both, 4-2 and 6-2...

Do they have potential upgrades still or are both completely decided?

Maybe they go up a little bit more, if the upgrades are in the balance you could gamble and see if they jump anymore if either of their teams score.

Personally though, I'd be fistpumping and taking that profit. It's hard to make serious coin on a single card and EA could drop all manner of new cards or Icon swap things that cause them to crash.

29 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

Do they have potential upgrades still or are both completely decided?

Maybe they go up a little bit more, if the upgrades are in the balance you could gamble and see if they jump anymore if either of their teams score.

Personally though, I'd be fistpumping and taking that profit. It's hard to make serious coin on a single card and EA could drop all manner of new cards or Icon swap things that cause them to crash.

thanks man. Yeah both are potential to upgrade further.

Having said that, Lodi is far from guaranteed, so I’ve decided to sell him at 186k and take my profit.

Fred is expected to get a TOTW this week and I believe his RTTK card to be quite heavily invested so I’ve sold out at 474k and taken the profit.

I’m now at 6m liquid.

5 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

SKILLS.

There's no way that Fred card is worth over 500k -Mid Makelele, Mid Essien & Kante IF are around 610k, Mid Petit is 680k and mid Desailly is 750k.

Petit and Essien have the H/H workrates too.

70k RTTK Vidal looks much better than that Fred, only so cheap in comparison due to the league and Nation.