IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

39 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

Those showdown cards are utter bollocks! We need more people to buy points, so let's give two really fucking slow defenders loads of pace for absolutely no reason at all.  Those are the sort of fantasy cards are hate in FIFA.  Greedy cunts.

They really are. How many promo cards does TAA need? Why does Werner get a RTTK card? How did Messi get an INFORM when he has scored one goal in ten games? 

Money that's why 

If I had the coins you boys had to spend I'd be building a team around Kante. That guy is on crack, intercepts everything. Put Kimpembe behind him and you have a French brick wall. 

Just won 7-1. 

And when I say 'won', I mean it was a massacre. Properly tore through him like he was wet tissue. Shown more respect for my own snot. I looked upon his very soul and mocked the hubris it displayed for even daring to exist.

Constant Pressure cunts? I shit 'em.

Anyone heard the one about the game being more laggy if you are in a 'FUT Champions' stadium? It sounds like the type of excuse where I blame the ball or the colour of the kits on why I lose, but could be worth a try😂.  I changed it last night and the next game was much smoother.

I always thought the stadium made a difference to the game speed when I used to play '19.  One thing I hate is where people choose a stadium where there's a ludicrous amount of sunlight, and you can't tell the difference between completely different kits.  Also grounds that cast loads of shadows.  Why would you pick those?

I scored direct from a corner in the champions playoffs. Won the game on penalties after a 2-2 draw. The stats in favour of me are ridiculous, 13.1xG. Lloris in goal for my opponent made 16 saves, 13 shots blocked, 2 goals. When it went to a shootout I was convinced I was done for when missing my first then saved 3 of 4 without missing again to win.98349659-9096-4B2A-93F8-A7A6BADB3923.jpeg.440e93456db1b04c8c718a2f7c159bab.jpeg

On 06/12/2021 at 13:55, kthxbliz said:

Fred is expected to get a TOTW this week and I believe his RTTK card to be quite heavily invested so I’ve sold out at 474k and taken the profit.

I don't know if you followed Fred's price since, but aside from about an hour on Monday evening where he went to a peak of 488k, you basically got out at the perfect time.

As I type, Man U are winning 1-0, he's getting that double upgrade and you can get him for 465k... and that's only going down*.

*probably.

1 hour ago, Pants McSkill said:

I don't know if you followed Fred's price since, but aside from about an hour on Monday evening where he went to a peak of 488k, you basically got out at the perfect time.

As I type, Man U are winning 1-0, he's getting that double upgrade and you can get him for 465k... and that's only going down*.

*probably.

Yep I kept an eye on it, but I fully expected them to beat Young Boys. Seeing they have failed to do so and he’s at 360k… so I feel pretty fortunate to have dipped when I did! 

i got it wrong with Lodi and Atlético won and he’s now at 220k or so, but I ducked out of that with profit also, so can’t be too upset.

So I've been saving for Nakata and realised he's now utterly redundant as I have Nakamura. Unless I play him as a striker with something like deadeye. 

Not exciting I know. But I beat someone 6-1 in division 5 last night. I've not played much this week so didn't get chance to go for 4. 

Still no sign of La Liga POTM. Got a whole load of fodder ready for Vini. Not sure it’s ever going to happen!

Slightly tempted by Capoue, but I think Kante is the better option at CDM. I just don’t really have a place for him in the team 

7 minutes ago, klargon said:

Politano should be interesting at 87. Can’t get him into my team, of course, but still glad I did the SBC! You never know when an objective might need me to call upon him!

Aye, he was going to be the best Serie A RW/RM until that new Chiesa was released. I always found IF Felipe Anderson to be better despite the stats saying otherwise. 

Thaaar she blows! 87 Vini Jr POTM, arriving just in time to torment your weekend league. I guess he’ll set you back around 750k. Perhaps the market will climb for a while, though. Let’s see if the fodder I’ve amassed is enough to get close!

Vini is 750k ish.  Tbh I. Not sure I think it's the right sbc to do.  I was eyeing up Roberto Carlos as I can clear some trash red picks as well and they're the same price effectively.  Carlos on the market though is 1 mil and vinis 86 is 600k.  I can't help but feel Carlos is a better sink of my fodder as I can just buy vini if I want him.

Thoughts?

I think Vini is a very tough sell really. I wouldn’t be doing it because it’s sensible. It’s currently the best version of him, but the difference from the 86 is very marginal. He’ll probably get a bunch of extra IF’s over the year too. You’ve got to hope for some good shit from the packs. Obviously you could hope for the same from Roberto.

23 minutes ago, tenrou said:

Vini is 750k ish.  Tbh I. Not sure I think it's the right sbc to do.  I was eyeing up Roberto Carlos as I can clear some trash red picks as well and they're the same price effectively.  Carlos on the market though is 1 mil and vinis 86 is 600k.  I can't help but feel Carlos is a better sink of my fodder as I can just buy vini if I want him.

Thoughts?

Would never be dumping 800k or whatever into a full back. He’s 2*/3* also, killer for me in both departments at that price.  

32 minutes ago, AlfromSleep said:

I’m not bothering with the POTM Vini, might just bring in the 85 inform or the CL and see how he goes compared to the 83 IF that I’ve had since week 1. 

Same here man. The difference in price for a 1 point gain is fucking bananas! I don’t understand how folk have the coins to continually make these promo / form based upgrades unless they are sinking stupid amounts of money into packs or doing that multi account thing mentioned above.

Im happy to admit my pack luck at times this year has been immense, but without that I would be stuck on a team of rare golds, 83 Vinicius and Larsson up top :lol:

Rttk upgrades are out.  I've had an untradeable gravenberch I haven't touched since the start as he wasn't up to much to start with.  Now he's 86 he's pretty good tbh.  I was expecting him to be just a link to neres and Antony but he outshone both in the few games I've played.

Hopefully the upgrade improves some others.  Politano at 87 looks pretty good as well tbh.  

Vidal is maxed out now and with a shadow style his stats are amazing across the board, he’s staying in my team for the foreseeable future until I really need to make a change. De Ligt is another, his already good defending stats have all gone up and shadow gives him 90 pace. C255FDCF-CB9F-436F-B324-D04D0B43AE44.jpeg.6b024b730829660b03f1604086722728.jpeg

Politano does look really good now, not enough to displace Chiesa from my team but will definitely be going on the bench. 

Haven’t played much since Tuesday and was looking forward to playing today. But it’s just after midnight and the connection in rivals is appalling. 

i find my enthusiasm for this years Fifa dwindling tbh. The promos have been underwhelming. Pack weight in general is terrible. Servers and connection are embarrassing. 

Back to Apex for a bit.

I'm with you there. The gameplay in Champs is, yet again, shocking. So I'm sat here thinking, what's the point? All the grinding is going for a song if I can't achieve anything because the game doesn't work, and I'm not enjoying the grind because the game doesn't work.

It's the first time I've ever gotten to a point where I can afford Messi too. Shame.