IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

I'm 400k deep in upgrade packs but with what was already in my club and what's came out of the upgrade packs I have just one 87 left to do so about 800k knocked off it.

I'm probably about even for fodder to upgrade pack cost.

I recommend I must be at like 500 packs.... so much time and nothing :) still not hit neymar as a big non toty.

I sold Messi at 4.65 after paying 4.48, even took a 50k hit as all info suggested a lot of supply so suspected a price drop.  He's under 4 mil on pc now so a 700k drop in a few days.

K, I now have a toty in jorginho. I thought that wasn't bad but he's now under a million and dropping.  I'm 700k deep in upgrade packs and over 5 hours.  The last couple of hours I got absolutely nothing as well.  No fodder or anything.  Just a slog of endless 83s.  

Tbh I probably wouldn't bother.  I think 700k I actually looking like a not bad amount to have pit in by other results.  I recon you'll be able to buy him for nearly 700k by the end of the week.

Ripped open all my packs. I had 1.6m worth. Best pull 88 Tony Kroos. I did get about 10-12 walkouts, but all fodder. I only saved good packs (worst was 35k mega packs) so I’m a little disappointed with tonight’s results but overall I did pack Hakimi when I look at the bigger picture so I cant be too frustrated. 

stupidly decided to dump my fodder into the mid/prime Icon Sbc (which I didn’t have enough high rated fodder to complete so it cost me about 80k) and out pops Mid Nakata for the second year running. 

a potent reminder not to touch these stupid gambling SBCs. Annoyed at myself so may take a few days out. 

8 hours ago, tenrou said:

K, I now have a toty in jorginho. I thought that wasn't bad but he's now under a million and dropping.  I'm 700k deep in upgrade packs and over 5 hours.  The last couple of hours I got absolutely nothing as well.  No fodder or anything.  Just a slog of endless 83s.  

Tbh I probably wouldn't bother.  I think 700k I actually looking like a not bad amount to have pit in by other results.  I recon you'll be able to buy him for nearly 700k by the end of the week.

Thank you for your sacrifice. 

I was all ready to do the upgrade packs but I think I'll just hold the coins now. I'm going to buy Cancelo, though, and hopefully he drops to about 650k tonight. He looks like the ultimate CM.

I still have 4.2 mil so I'll absolutely still be buying at least 1.  I'm not sure if I want to buy Messi back or go a defender or 2.

Messi would replace 90 best and tbh I quite like 90 best.  I also like icardi upfront so I'm not sure if I want to go all in on headliners mbappe as I don't think his toty will go that low.

What tactics are other folks using? Currently finding that I'm constantly coming up against two banks of 4 in a 442 and I just can't get anywhere near the opposition box.

Then... shock horror. I'm being countered.

23 minutes ago, Steely said:

What tactics are other folks using? Currently finding that I'm constantly coming up against two banks of 4 in a 442 and I just can't get anywhere near the opposition box.

Fucking THIS!! I’m still getting more wins than losses but in Division 4 still don’t feel like I’m up against any really good players. Just folk with a set approach that I’m limited in being able to deal with.

33 minutes ago, Steely said:

I'm 2w from 6 in weekend league qualification. Squeaky bum time. 😅

It has a way of magically making you just squeeze through. I reckon you’ll get there. In other news, it was a terrible decision to buy cancelo when I did! He did stick a lovely finesse in from outside the box last night though.

I'm all in on Varane now, I've dumped a shit load of fodder in and done the 88 squad and a couple of the lesser ones. I think my plan is to get him sorted and buy TOTY Ruben Dias at the earliest opportunity, which should then give me an end game centre back partnership. Fuck knows if I can get the chemistry to work, mind, but that's a problem for future KD to deal with.

1 hour ago, Steely said:

I have two main, a 41212 narrow that I start with and a 442. 

That majority of plyers I face build through the middle or counter down the middle, hence the 41212.

If they're countering down the wings I go 442.

41212:

Balanced, 45, 65

Balanced, Direct, 47, 6 in box.

Lst Come back; Rst Get in behind & Stay forward

CAM stick to position

LM Stay back, cover centre, RM cover centre

CDM Stay Back, cover centre, cut passing lanes

FBs stay back, over lap.

You can really fuck around with the CAM on this. Come back on defence makes it defend like a 442, Stay forward has a billion outlets for a counter. Roam from position behaves entirely dependent on player workrates.

I will also trigger FBs join attack ingame when I feel I need it.

Pressure on heavy touch, 45, 45

Fats Build Up, Direct passing 47, 6 in box.

Both ST stay central & get in behind

LM & RM cut inside, get into box for crosses

Both CMs Cut passing lanes, stay back, cover centre.

FBs Stay back

You gotta have mixed workrates on the CMs (but you knew that already), otherwise they're too static. You can have one of them on balanced too though.

To be honest, I can't tell much of a difference between direct passing and forward runs. And using Balanced Defence on the tactic with 4 central midfielders (so plenty of bodies to cover space vacated by the press), but Pressure on Heavy Touch on the tactic with only 2 cms makes absolutely zero logical sense on paper, but just seems to work better in game.

Play around though, little tweaks can make a big difference.

Loving the work Pants.

I'll give them a go, TA VERY MUCH, to be honest I have never paid attention to any work rates! I think I've naturally ended up with differing rates.

Screenshot_20220128-121740_Companion.thumb.jpg.d87fb90370fd8a30b11c52ed36744239.jpg

I am now finding Rice to be very clunky mind, might be time to shift him on, then again he might do me a job at CDM.

I have been enjoying rivals (I'm just slowly plodding through the leagues, playing bare minimum games to get 3 wins.) but finding myself constantly found out in WL.

I'm thinking it's part tactics, part being out of practise, I only play to get bare min in WL aswell to get my 2 picks in rewards and then duck out of whatever number of games I have remaining. :lol:

36 minutes ago, Steely said:

Loving the work Pants.

I'll give them a go, TA VERY MUCH, to be honest I have never paid attention to any work rates! I think I've naturally ended up with differing rates.

Screenshot_20220128-121740_Companion.thumb.jpg.d87fb90370fd8a30b11c52ed36744239.jpg

I am now finding Rice to be very clunky mind, might be time to shift him on, then again he might do me a job at CDM.

I have been enjoying rivals (I'm just slowly plodding through the leagues, playing bare minimum games to get 3 wins.) but finding myself constantly found out in WL.

I'm thinking it's part tactics, part being out of practise, I only play to get bare min in WL aswell to get my 2 picks in rewards and then duck out of whatever number of games I have remaining. :lol:

Rice is awesome at CDM, I might even prefer him to Kante.

1 hour ago, Steely said:

Loving the work Pants.

I've got rulebreakers Verratti as my main CDM, and Ice Valverde as his partner - 89 pace, H/H workrates - obviously perfect as a box-to-box in the 442, but also perfect as the 'Stay Back' LM in the 41212. 

If I sub him off and bring on a more traditional winger, ie RTTK Politano (H/M but dreadful def awareness), I really notice how isolated Verratti becomes. That's obviously preferable when I'm chasing a game, but I have to be careful when I have the lead.

I'm 6 and 2 in champs the first 3 or 4 games were okay but then although my ping showed 26ms it should constantly spike to 200ms and the game was just unplayable.  I'll maybe try later but if not then all the game will get given away.  I'm not getting stressed about it.

I’m giving champs a miss this week, nothing in the TOTW is of any interest so will save my entry for another time. 

I’ve still not sold some of my Serie A favourites but considering going a bit more open with my players to be able to bring Mbappe into the fold. 

724DF572-5577-448D-8EFA-F2F16C483E16.thumb.jpeg.c5966411f50b22063e22156e4259100f.jpeg

In game. Might be risky using Socrates as a centre mid but his strength and size hopefully make up for his poor defensive ratings. I used to play his mid version in a similar role in a previous FIFA. Decisions, decisions 

DEEF3823-FE86-4878-92C3-139D114FE604.thumb.jpeg.78a20e2b05a439a48bace1aea4c71dec.jpeg

Sold mid Nedved, he was a great addition at the time but Neymar are Messi are much better. 

Alright lads. I got 162 good packs, a bottle of hipster East London Gin, and a shit load of Fever tree Elderflower tonics.

Capture.thumb.JPG.78acb1f5755473a669a180571618397d.JPG

All untradeable dupes will get recycled into upgrade packs, all untradeable fodder will go into SBCs (hello Kaka), all cards worth anything get sold.

My pack luck this Fifa (top 6 cards packed):

Icon RM Makele (250k)

Gold Varane (40k when packed, Untradeable)

OTW Varane (300k when packed, Untradeable)

Alaba (30k when packed, untradeable)

Aubamayang (25K)

Benzema Totw (55K when packed, untradeable, already had SBC Benzema)

This will be TOTALLY worth saving packs since Black Friday.

30 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

Alright lads. I got 162 good packs, a bottle of hipster East London Gin, and a shit load of Fever tree Elderflower tonics.

Capture.thumb.JPG.78acb1f5755473a669a180571618397d.JPG

All untradeable dupes will get recycled into upgrade packs, all untradeable fodder will go into SBCs (hello Kaka), all cards worth anything get sold.

My pack luck this Fifa (top 6 cards packed):

Icon RM Makele (250k)

Gold Varane (40k when packed, Untradeable)

OTW Varane (300k when packed, Untradeable)

Alaba (30k when packed, untradeable)

Aubamayang (25K)

Benzema Totw (55K when packed, untradeable, already had SBC Benzema)

This will be TOTALLY worth saving packs since Black Friday.

You streaming it? Iv got a hot one hour booked in on my treadmill tonight 

16 minutes ago, kthxbliz said:

Decided to do the Ligue 1 League SBC since I had 7 silvers and every Ligue 1 player under the sun.

Out pops Messi from the small rare gold players pack (untradeable) - can’t believe it! 

68C9945D-161B-4A28-82D4-A1817F144171.jpeg

You deserve it!

Anyone else find that sometimes the app opens a different pack than the one you selected?  It's incredibly annoying when you pick a tradeable and it somehow opens an untradeable, leaving you with a bunch of dupes to clean up.