IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

You should do what i do, and just be shit all the time. It takes all the pressure off, and yo-yoing between divisions 5 & 6 is way more fun.

I was all geared up to get the Hazard PotM. But despite my prep of buying players to be ready, I'm nowhere near the Belgian squad.

So I might just flog everyone and see how many coins I have when the dust settles.

Top tip lads - invest in Terry! People are panic selling for 1,000 coins, but the fact remains he's still a highly rated Premier League defender. Once the dust settles a bit, I can see him rising again. Surely worth a punt, even if you do have to look at his stupid face all over again.

8 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

Top tip lads - invest in Terry! People are panic selling for 1,000 coins, but the fact remains he's still a highly rated Premier League defender. Once the dust settles a bit, I can see him rising again. Surely worth a punt, even if you do have to look at his stupid face all over again.

Not sure to be honest. He's unusuable and has been as low as 1350 before. If you want to invest then get Cahill 900 as he's actually good.

Or Oscar is now 800 coins if you fancy another punt.

I think players are just dropping.

I've been running a French League team and Krychowiak, 84 rated, is easily the best CDM I've used this year. He's so good. 84 rated. He's usable and you can get him for less than 1,000 coins.

Think there will be a ton of high rated cards available for discard price next week.

Jumped back in this earlier, coasted to the Division 8 title. Although I did come across a guy who used a 3-4-3 and every time I had the ball, his centre backs dropped to the 18 yard box making it very difficult to make space around goal. I still managed beat him with a sneaky 1-0 and wasted time towards the end because his connection started to lag. 

IMG_0187.PNG

IMG_0186.PNG

Running with these two squads now, near enough the Premier League's second string. Playstyle is the same as always; vanilla 4-4-2 diamond with CDM staying back and everyone in front of him has 4* skills. 

I'm gunna swap out Perez with Oscar and buy another Perez ST for the bench instead. Bojan has been an absolute revelation and the combination of Benteke / Remy have battered every defence I've came across. Otherwise I'm gunna slowly but surely improve anyone less than 81 before I save up for the elite players. 

22 minutes ago, GoblinUK said:

I've noticed a few teams where the CBs are sitting incredibly deep. Is that custom tactics?

i splashed out on IF Giovinco for my hybrid squad. Easy to put two Italian wingers beside him. Absolute bargain. 

They sit deep when you park the bus I think. 

I got relegated then. New formation though, 4-3-3. Opened people up for fun 

Just gotta learn how to finish my dinner. 

GTFO.

I'll definitely give that a whirl but only if I feel like I'm up against it or I'm struggling up the leagues. I remember the last time I used a formation like that I got properly tanked for a few games then something clicked and I ended up going unbeaten for ages. Diamond is working ok so far!

45 minutes ago, smithstock said:

GTFO.

:lol:

I'm not going to pretend otherwise that when I play with it, every few games I get utterly slaughtered... although that happens with all the other formations too, so it might just be me.
But every few games I dish out one hell of a hiding too. 
Like a 41212, there's always a player open. But with the width, it stretches teams so much and helps create 2v1 situations more often.

Here's a video of Teee-airy Ownree talking similar concepts about Guardiola's Barca, even if it is with 4at at the back. 

(I fucking love football tactics, me.)

Alright then. I have 330K. I have an untradeable Luca Modric. 

Before I spunk it all trying to build a team around him, watch this and tell me what I should had done/should not have done in certain situations.

*disclaimer: I hated fifa15, dropped it very quickly, and didn't play 16 at all. I've forgotten EVERYTHING. Also I changed the vid to one where I felt I should have won far easier than I did.