IGNORED

Ultimate Team

Timmo

13 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

Alright then. I have 330K. I have an untradeable Luca Modric. 

Before I spunk it all trying to build a team around him, watch this and tell me what I should had done/should not have done in certain situations.

*disclaimer: I hated fifa15, dropped it very quickly, and didn't play 16 at all. I've forgotten EVERYTHING. Also I changed the vid to one where I felt I should have won far easier than I did.

Had a quick skim through, only things I would say are slow the passing down a little, your passing it really well and quickly. But there are times where you could get a player on the ball to just turn the other way and open them up. A lot of first time passing away from the way you are facing to can often go astray too.

Other point would be you got in some good wide positions where you had a chance to drive into the box. I find more often than not, instead of whipping a cross in, trying to get along the byling or running at the near post will open things up for a simple pass back to a midfielder or to the stirker along the 6 yard line.

The team sheet! Lacks... Asamoah! Alan! Mertens! Jose Callejon! Icardi! :D

20 hours ago, Pants McSkill said:

watch this and tell me what I should had done/should not have done in certain situations.

Yeah same as Steely, I started to get really geeky and timestamp some events but I fell asleep last night and left the iPad with some notes at home.

• Your passing is good and you pass facing the correct direction, which is normally a really fundamental thing I see people doing wrong.
    • BUT - it also makes you predictable! (as it does me)
    • Try let it roll or use Close Control to shift your body and quickly pass in another direction, don't panic pass it in an unnatural direction
  • Definitely agree with the byline advice. I never ever cross, regardless of how effective it may be.
    • Running an extra couple of yards and using Finesse Button + Ground Pass across the 6-yard box gives me tonnes of goals (see the first goal in my PS4 video)
  • Positioning - Not 100% sure but I think sometimes you manually pull your players out of position and you might be using Teammate contain too.
    • Recommendation for defending - Select the most appropriate player with the Right Stick (i.e. don't bring a CDM out to the wing) then use that person to defend with the Jockey button - it requires more skill but gives more freedom.
    • Especially on the wing, most players who don't pass aren't good enough to come inside and others rely on pace to go outside = predictable.
    • I rarely have worries about the ball coming into the box because doing the above^^ - you're in good positions and the AI will match the opponents numbers. If they do get a cross in and score, fair enough.

Otherwise it's just about making sure you do the simple stuff right. The reason I use skills is because I'm really predictable so they help mitigate that. Also, you can use predictability to your advantage to condition your opponent i.e. Run to the byline and drill it across three times. Fourth time: run to byline, cut inside and dribble towards goal.

4ae35c7c55d3e22ef17dd257198051051ff39fdc

Belting. Thank you fellas.

And simple tips I can actually implement too. My analogue stick player switching is atrocious, so it's definitely an area I shoud improve.
And yes, of course I should allow players to go wide! I have three big centre backs after all.

Also that team is my 'dick around with' team, while I assemble this monster:

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/2476278/

I'm honestly not sure mate.

I sold my team this morning (at a small loss) as prices went up again but I'm not sure exactly when they'll drop. They might not although most seem to think they'll bottom out either tomorrow or Wednesday.

Keep an eye on this page:

https://www.futbin.com/market/Gold

and this thread if you want to go insane:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5e4dtt/rfifa_the_official_omg_black_friday_keep_or_sell/

58 minutes ago, Pants McSkill said:

Perhaps you and Gooner could ask Santa for a quality CDM this Christmas.

Although you'd both be better off asking for a phone charger.

Burned by Pants!

:lol: just noticed the battery percentage drop! As for the CDM, I've got the Timmo approved N'Zonzi in my reserves so he'll be getting a run out while Turan recovers from his current leg knock!

Relegated from Div 1 last night <_<

Serves me right for trying a new formation, went for the more attacking 4-3-3 (4) and just started hemorrhaging goals. It wasnt as thought I was being carved open though which is why I stuck with it, because the vast majoirty of the goals I was conceding where long shots, maybe I afforded them to mush space to take the shots on though by not having a CDM. ><

So back down in the slums of Div 2, might aswell mix it up again with a new formation and go for back to back relegations! :D 

Im thinking of leaving me Seria A team behind for the Prem or La Liga and going with new formation of 4231 (2) or 4-3-2-1 (This formation easily causes me the most problems, but I just cant seem to get it to work for me!)

25 minutes ago, Steely said:

Relegated from Div 1 last night <_<

Serves me right for trying a new formation, went for the more attacking 4-3-3 (4) and just started hemorrhaging goals. It wasnt as thought I was being carved open though which is why I stuck with it, because the vast majoirty of the goals I was conceding where long shots, maybe I afforded them to mush space to take the shots on though by not having a CDM. ><

So back down in the slums of Div 2, might aswell mix it up again with a new formation and go for back to back relegations! :D 

Im thinking of leaving me Seria A team behind for the Prem or La Liga and going with new formation of 4231 (2) or 4-3-2-1 (This formation easily causes me the most problems, but I just cant seem to get it to work for me!)

I love the 4-3-3 (4) but it's no good for my main squad as I cant fit Sanchez, Aguero, Hazard and Mahrez in.

Using it for my French squad and I score a lot more goals with that - I'm finding Div 2 really inconsistent though, one game i'll win 5-0 the next i'll lose 4-3 seem's like there isn't a level of player for the division at all.

It certainly made for more open games! I went from 2-3 goals in matches to 5-7 goals per match. I was conceding 4 of those though. ><

It just seemed to have a massive gap between the midfield and defense, even if I had the CMs set as sit back they still just wandered off. Bell-ends.

It all felt a bit fast and slick for me when I had grown fond of plodding through midfield :D

My list of players I hate playing against is growing...

-Kante (Normal is bad enough, in form is a monster.)

-Renato Sanchez (78 rated! Everyone else seems to squeeze him in and I can see why.)

-In Form Mane

-Luke Shaw

-Martial

-Oblak

-Draxler

I might just buy all them because they appear to be sensational.

Sanches is amazing. His passing lets him down a bit, and I wouldn't try many long shots with him, but he's just everywhere. 

Jack Butland is the player that can get to fuck when I play against him. Fucking wonder save after wonder save after wonder save.

As you're trying a new formation, there's always the 3-5-2... 

Two CDMs in there you know. :eyebrows:

Looking good!

You may want to swap Luiz and Kos, and change out Ribery for Douglas Costa. I find it best to have my best jumping/heading defender in the middle of the three. Also on the wings, ribery's high attacking workrate may leave him too far out of position at times, although its doesn't seem to affect Payet too much for me.

Plus I recommend Engine on both the wide players. Get that pace up!