IGNORED

Tearaway - "sell your Wii U, buy a Vita" says Mortis

HarryBizzle

Although I love the Vita version I hadn't been planning on getting this. But having watched a few video reviews and seeing how gorgeous it looks on PS4 I just can't resist. Works out at about £25 if you get it off the U.S. Store which is a steal.

If you're desperate, you might still be able to nab one from Game in Spain:

https://www.game.es/videojuegos/plataformas/playstation-4/tearaway-unfolded-edición-especial/116806#

I'm hovering over the buy button, no idea if they ship internationally. I've just tried to reserve one from the aforementioned Gamemania for store pickup, but I've been informed that they're all sold out, but ye never know. If somebody never picks up their pre-order I guess I'll be in some sort of queue to get a copy.

This is wonderful, I'd forgotten how much I loved this game. You do miss having your face in the sun but at least it saves me from having to stare at my double chin for eight hours. The other control changes I think are an improvement in Unfolded, as much of the Vita ones relied on the back touch which can be very unresponsive. Pressing the ds4 touchpad to drum/jump feels really nice. The companion app also works fine for photos and drawing.

Best of all though is how beautiful everything looks. Utterly gorgeous. The world is way more fleshed out and populated than the Vita version.

I really enjoyed playing through this but it wasn't a game I ever felt the urge to play through again

After playing it for a couple of hours I didn't feel the urge to play through it again. Forced myself to finish it, which is ironic because it feels like that's what the devs did too...

One of the things I found confusing in the demo was it tells you that you can decorate anything white. But the only thing I can manage to do is take a photo. I don't see options to add decorations, colours and so on.

The other bit I found borderline unusable was using the touch pad to draw. Perhaps using the companion app opens things up and makes it easier.

Fair enough. It's definitely a game that's more about going on a journey and playing with mechanic rather than testing gameplay skills.

My main issue is the controls are fucked (in that it requires you to use too many of them at once). And after the pumpkin bit it all goes downhill gameplay wise.

The controls aren't fucked, but it's certainly over engineered. For example pressing the touch pad to make the drum bounce. Why not use 'x' like in every other game. I think the light shining works really well. The motion control feels really accurate. But ultimately it's a tad pointless. And the way they're always trying to force you to interact with the scenery - the whole UGC aspect feels forced.

A great tight platformer with those graphics would have been cool. I'm just not sure Mm have it in them to make a good game.

The controls aren't fucked, but it's certainly over engineered. For example pressing the touch pad to make the drum bounce. Why not use 'x' like in every other game. I think the light shining works really well. The motion control feels really accurate. But ultimately it's a tad pointless. And the way they're always trying to force you to interact with the scenery - the whole UGC aspect feels forced.

A great tight platformer with those graphics would have been cool. I'm just not sure Mm have it in them to make a good game.

You don't use x to make the drum bounce because the game gives you a jump command mapped to that about 30mins in

The original is incredibly charming and entertaining but unless this has extensive new content I can't see it being worth the price if you've played the Vita game

You don't use x to make the drum bounce because the game gives you a jump command mapped to that about 30mins in

The original is incredibly charming and entertaining but unless this has extensive new content I can't see it being worth the price if you've played the Vita game

From what I've played so far and heard about, this is a substantial step up in content from the Vita version.