Persona 5 | Persona 5 Royal | Now available for everything | New semester conditions in OP

Qazimod

A few more thoughts:

Anyone else think the art direction/aesthetic is Catherine as heck? The 3D characters have that same blend of cartoony realism, the locale at 1:18 reminds me of bits where you're chilling in the Stray Sheep, and the tones and colours seem much more vivid (compared to P3 & 4) generally.

Also, 1:47 has me very curious with it's sneaky-cover thingies. Also, also, at 2:06 is what might be the new all-out attack, and it looks amazing. :D

Then this horrible throwback Jewish stereotype appeared and I wondered what the fuck

Well yeah, that's Igor for you. He's a recurring character throughout the series so there are already four more games' worth of WTF there.

EDIT:

Also, the Equip menu at 1:35 has Weapon / Gun / Protector / Accessory / Clothes - Gun is possibly new whilst the others are from P4 (with Protector supposedly being armour). On the other hand, the original Persona had "Shoot" commands in battles, so maybe shooting is coming back?

As well as this, the main Command menu is largely the same (with Party supposedly serving the same role as the Status menu of P4 and Mission being the optional quests around town), although the omission of an S.Link menu is interesting - maybe that's what "Cooperation" is?

A few more thoughts:

Anyone else think the art direction/aesthetic is Catherine as heck?

Yeah, I definitely got that from the bar/restaurant they were in, but I guess that's just a pretty standard locale really. I definitely wouldn't complain about a Persona game with bits of Catherine thrown in, though, as long as they weren't the gameplay bits!

But, yeah, that new trailer is fucking phenomenal, isn't it? The menus! The characters! The FUCKING GOD DAMN EVERYTHING. It was always hovering around the top of my most wanted list but it's number one now for sure. I need this. I NEED IT.

Ah, another Persona with a strong colour scheme - red and greyscale is a bit more traditional than the bright yellow loveliness of 4, but still looks ace. I guess that this year I'll finally have a reason to get a PS4...

Can't wait for the anime to come out so I can find out what happens.

I say this as someone who bought P3 and 4 on launch and have yet to finish either.

Igor's a Jewish stereotype? Can't say I've ever seen that.

He's got a big nose, see! Something to be outraged about, I guess.

• Qazimod changed the title to Persona 5 | Persona 5 Royal | Now available for everything | New semester conditions in OP