Shenmue III - PS4/PC | Out Now!

Revival

I thought it was 9 episodes, with 5 already done? So really, one more would conclude the series.

The Shenmue series was made up originally of at least 16 chapters.[10][11] However, During a Shenmue City press conference, Suzuki said that the Shenmue series will consist of 11 chapters.[12] The first Shenmue (1999) was a Dreamcast-only game, it covered the first chapter, while Shenmue II (2001) was released for both Dreamcast and Xbox, contains four chapters of the series. However, chapters included in Shenmue II are chapters 3 to 5. Chapter 2 is in neither game and only existed as part of a manga spinoff titled "Shenmue: Side Story" (originally published in the Japanese publication, Dorimaga).
In 2003, Sega-AM2 announced that remaining chapters of the Shenmue series (7-16) would be included in Shenmue III.[13] But, because of poor sales of Shenmue II (Shenmue II sold around 400,000 units, a weak number compared to 1.3 million units of the previous installment[14]), Sega decided to put the project "on hold".[15]

From wiki

I'm not convinced it would be a massive impact. I mean there were 12 million DCs sold in total. Shenmue sold about a million or so copies?

Its a bit like Man Utd Vs QPR news years day 1992. I mean loads of QPR fans claim to have been there to watch us annhilate Manchester United 4-1 at old trafford. But if you beleive all of them, we would have filled old trafford 4 times over and not just been around 400 hardy souls that travelled up with hang overs from celebrations the night before.

Everyone claims to have played Shenmue and loved it. But where were you when it all kicked off eh? WHERE WERE YOU?

I'm not convinced it would be a massive impact. I mean there were 12 million DCs sold in total. Shenmue sold about a million or so copies?

Its a bit like Man Utd Vs QPR news years day 1992. I mean loads of QPR fans claim to have been there to watch us annhilate Manchester United 4-1 at old trafford. But if you beleive all of them, we would have filled old trafford 4 times over and not just been around 400 hardy souls that travelled up with hang overs from celebrations the night before.

Everyone claims to have played Shenmue and loved it. But where were you when it all kicked off eh? WHERE WERE YOU?

I was watching my mate open all the drawers. Didnt sell it to me really, and now its one of my fave games. I never caught any hype at the time either. I'm guessing there are many people who have played it second or 12th hand. Its a good game to watch others playing too(once you get outside). So actually its 1 million times 12 times 2.(plus what KK said!!!)

I still have my original multi disk Dreamcast games, thank you very much. I was there. I was proud. I see...

I was there on the DC and my brother and I probably had one of the highest attach rates for the DC, we had all sorts of shit as well as straight up GOLD like this.

I even bought it again on xbox just in some vain hope that I would be able to murder that murdering swine, Lan Di.

Yellow Head Building is still probably one of my favourites bits of any game for ages and ages.

Heavens No Ren is still a meme (for want of a better word) between my mates and I.

It really isn't.

Is there a word to describe the action of someone trying to disprove to you, something you don't believe to be fact*?

like, if you make joke, and they have to try and correct you, even though its "a joke"?

IT WAS A JOKE!

Jesus some people are SO sensitive about the fate of the xbox one...

( like a logical fallacy, i guess?)

and

So nothing good since 1992? PUMPED.