Neo Geo Pocket Colour

I've dug mine out of the loft to find that the internal battery is dead. Waiting for one to come from amazon then I'm gonna see how she fairs after all this time.

Sonic, Puzzle Bobble, Turf Masters and Match of The Millennium Here I come. Any more recommendations?? Does it play Jap and UK games, I don't remember. :(

Gals Fighters.

I've owned it before but bought the boxed version earlier on in the week and I've been playing it all weekend. It's just an extremely fun game, it probably isn't as good as MOTM but it's well worth giving a go.

It is one of my favourite machines. I got one when they came out and every week would buy a new game when they came out on the Friday. Myself and a mate got made redundant at the same time and we both had the machine and a link cable so we would go to the recruitment agencies in the morning then chill in the afternoon playing link up games :-) We also linked it up to the Dreamcast to unlock extra options and Points etc in some of the games (King of Fighters and Capcom vs SNK leap to mind)

Remember the mad frenzy of buying the last lot of games when they came out (Evolution, Cotton, Dive Alert, etc) I actually have a complete boxed UK set of games which I got at the time (luckily judging by some of the prices these days it seems)

I remember buying mine and the guy in the shop desperately trying to persuade me I wanted agameBoy Color instead (which in some ways was fair enough but I knew the machine I wanted and the GBC always seemed like a stop gap - plus I knew there would be loads of them floating about for years)

The thing I really love about the system (apart from the fact it is ridiculously comfortable and has an amazing stick) is that it has a personality. The small software library is top notch (even the mediocre titles like some of the gambling games are solid and well presented etc - nothing glitchy) The software library feels like it is all for the same machine. Not packed with side scroller licences etc It all just feels like it belongs.

There was also a welcome return to the feeling of the old days of gaming. The games got little or no coverage in the press and the websites weren't much better so a lot of the time it was a case of seeing what was out, checking the screenshots and then taking the plunge. Not many resources out there, no straegy guides etc so things were a genuine surprise when you unlocked min games or characters etc.

So many good times.

I have a few machines - keep meaning to mod one with the light (the guide I've seen suggests using the light from a GBA_ but I might be interestedin one of Klargon' s kits as a project.

I have bought fully boxed versions of Cotton, Gals fighters, Faselei and Divers alert: Becky's version and the two card fighters games in the last week. I want Evolution but can't seem to find it anywhere. :(

Fuuuu..... The last complete uk version went for £128 ! Might be time to sell mine!

Nowhere near at the moment, I only started collecting last week and I've been going for the rare ones first. I have...

Sonic Pocket Adventure

Evolution (Obv when it arrives)

Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams

Gals Fighters

Dive Alert: Becky's Version

SNK VS Capcom: Card Fighters Clash (Both versions)

Faselei

It's going to take a while!

Off the top of my head, it's something like 39 UK games (colour) plus another 3 b+w ones.

This around doubles for all releases (with the others being mainly Japanese) and I think another 40 or so non-released ones.

I think I got up to 30 or so, with elseb having just bought most of the ones I don't have ;)

Haha, if you're interested in getting the ones you've missed out on, I know a guy online who could probably get them for you, he probably has them already to be fair. Pocket reversi is my next challenge, anybody got it here?

Just cart only. I even have a spare. Surely not worth forking out for the UK clam? I know that's kinda the point of collecting, but there are better games to be had. Having said that, I own a complete Japanese copy of Mezase Kanji Ou which is absolutely pointless. We ain't talking anywhere near Reversi money, though.

Yeah 39 (even the SNK UK guys didn't realise some of them came out!)

I have a boxer complete Pocket Reversi but got lucky in that I got it at the time rather than once the price rocketed.

Love the system - someone said earlier that it felt like an official import machine and it really did. Especially the game descriptions on the boxes (and the spelling mistake of Dynamite Sluggaer) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Man Alive been waiting since the start of December for my NGPC to arrive, finally it's here and with a whopping £12.57 customs charges to pay. That's over a third of what I paid for it.

Ah well I shall pick up some batteries and grab it from the sorting office on the way home and will soon be enjoying some Turf Masters on the train.

Yeah Neo Turf Masters is still as excellent as I remembered. I was convinced it had speech but that must be from playing the Neo Geo version.

Going to pick up a few more games as I go, looking for a cheap puzzle bobble at the moment.

Man Alive been waiting since the start of December for my NGPC to arrive, finally it's here and with a whopping £12.57 customs charges to pay. That's over a third of what I paid for it.

That's the wonderful £8 handling fee from Parcelforce screwing things up for you there - the actual import duty will be the remaining £4.57.

Right, I'm think of selling my anthracite NGP with Sonic, SNK vs Capcom MOTM, Turf Masters and link cable,all games in the UK plastic clipboxes, cable and NGP in original boxes. As good as it is, after getting it out of the loft I've barely played it and I feel it's a waste to put it back up there.

Any ideas what is a reasonable asking price??