World Cup 2014 - Germany win the WORLD CUP

Out of interest, I want Spain to lose because they have been so painfully boring to watch in the previous tournaments. Is that the same for you guys too, or do you have different reasons for enjoying their current misery?

I want Spain to lose because they didn't bring Isco. I thought he was the spark they needed. Del Bosque has brought the older players who didn't really feature for Spain previously over a player who is the future. I know his form dropped off but he was good in the champions league final. I think like Scolari, del Bosque is the type to value the same players he knows who he can trust, and have proved it before, over exciting talent.

The Dutch would look great here if this had been against Iran or another unfancied team, but to do this to Spain!!!! Crackers.

I can't recall many times anyone has scored 5 in a World Cup game in recent tournaments.

It's interesting, because generally Spain, in their pomp, always had this kind of performance in them but they always tended to hold back. It's lovely to see a rampant team remaining threatening for the whole match, even once it is long since won.