Game of Thrones (Telltale Games)

Clyde

What are you playing it on? I've just gone through the first episode on iOS (playing on an iPad Air) and it looks absolutely awful. The bit where they tried to recreate the title sequence was embarrassing.

Enjoyed the story though!

I'm playing on Xbone. It looks a little duff in places but some of it, especially wide shots of the scenery at Kings Landing looks stunning.

What are you playing it on? I've just gone through the first episode on iOS (playing on an iPad Air) and it looks absolutely awful. The bit where they tried to recreate the title sequence was embarrassing.

Enjoyed the story though!

I've heard from several places that the iPad version is quite a bit of a mess.

I played it on PC and it ran fine (didn't notice any of the usual Telltale stuttering) and it did look lovely in certain scenes.

Sorry for the plug, but I finally got around to writing down what I thought of the game, for anybody still on the fence.

tl;dr edition -

Those visual issues aside, I really enjoyed my couple of hours playing Iron From Ice. It ticks all the boxes for an episode of Game of Thrones and it left me longing for episode two. With it being the first episode (of six) there is a lot of world and character building going on, and those wanting a more hands on experience will likely be left disappointed. The choices and consequent events are powerfully done and bode well for the story going forward. I’d even go so far as to say I think it’s the strongest opening episode Telltale have done so far.

8/10

• 2 weeks later...

Whole Telltale bundle is £35 this week including TWD Season 1 + 2, TWAU, as well a episode 1 of Borderlands + GoT and the season pass for each. Well worth a look, if like me you enjoyed this first episode and might want to try out the rest of Telltales stuff.

• 1 month later...

I was planning the same but ended up buying it on Friday evening. Played through it with the Mrs yesterday evening and absolutely loved it.

Ending spoiler:

Didn't really see that coming! Thought i'd managed to talk the crazy bastard round. Very GoT.

Can't wait for the next part. Fortunately it's not too far away.

Also purchased the SP, great first section, so far only a little way in, but it's deffo got the GoT feel. I did get bored nearer the end of Walking Dead, I hope this continues to add twists and turns like the TV series. And shame I can't reply the intro, love that theme!

I've been watching Game of Thrones through again in advance of Season 5 starting up and just watched Season 4 Episode 2 last night.

There's a scene at Joffrey's wedding of Pycelle creeping on a handmaiden who looks very very like Mira Forrester, in looks and clothing. I wonder if the game makers intend for Mira to be this one-shot handmaiden? It'd be cute to have her being harassed by Pycelle at the wedding, since the next-time seems to hint that she'll be present at it.

I don't think I've ever disliked a character as much as I dislike Lord Whitehill.

Such a great character though, amazing work by Telltale.

Ramsay Snow is far worse, great villain in the TV series too. Plays the part very well.

Played Episodes 1 + 2 together as I only got halfway through Ep 1 mid December. Loving it to be fair, as people have said, very tough decisions to make. Anyone know about the voice acting by the way? Haven't checked myself so could be being thick. For the bigger characters did they get the actors voicing them or just people who sound similiar? Some of them are really on par and some I can't tell.

By the look of that Next time at the end of Episode 2, I think it's safe to surmise Daenarys will show her face next time. Can't wait.

I am a goddamn idiot. I spent the whole Mira/King's Landing scenes in these two episodes taken in by Tyrion's good nature and trying to secure his/the Lannisters' help then the 'Next time on Game of Thrones' thing plays and he innocently says to Mira...

"Enjoy the wedding!"

..oh yeah.

post-355-0-38560500-1423327426.jpg

Oddly, it's the Mira scenes that really do it for me and which leave me in complete terror second-guessing every choice I make. I mean the Castle Black, Ironwrath stuff, haters gonna hate and shit's gonna happen but King's Landing's such a nest of vipers and murder round every corner that I'm literally too afraid to risk anything now.

Forge a letter in Margery's name? Are you fucking crazy???? Uh-uh, no way.

I totally shanked that motherfucker in the garden though, and totally panic-threw the knife away in the bushes afterwards. I mean, it's not like they do fingerprints in Westeros, right?

RIGHT?

I also managed to keep Rodders' betrothal going, refused to kiss that fat fuck's ring (I don't care if I have to hack the fucking game to do it, I am going to kill him), didn't dare drink Cersei's wine (seriously, no fucking way, Jesus fuck no, that's surely got to be the worst Bad Idea in the history of Bad Ideas), stood up against Finn while never actually grassing anyone up because I'm no grass, son.

Not sure about the Yunkai stuff, it surely will take Asher and co so long to do their shit that it already feels like a dead end sidestory because they'll never make it back in time to do anything meaningful.

Obviously, the main problem with the game is that the big name characters are easy to metagame so you know you can be 100% truthful to Jon Snow, you know that Tyrion isn't the kind of guy who'd have you murdered while Cersei and Ramsay absolutely are, etc. But the interactions with everyone else thankfully aren't so really you're just going off your own rampant paranoia and deciding accordingly.

I did the exact same thing as you Ulala. Especially, with Mira except

I've decided, for no reason, I hate the other handmaiden and I'm as shitty as possible to her whenever I can be

The problem I have with the game is that I feel that lot's of the choices you make don;t really matter and the plot will go on regardless. Like, you could replay the episodes completely differently and you'd still be in the same place.

Played through the first two episodes over tonight and yesterday.

Really enjoyed it, even if it really is just an interactive version of the tv series. Not that that's a bad thing, as it's very easy to play through in one sitting without getting stucK.

Can't believe episode 3 is so far off though.

• 3 weeks later...

The problem I have with the game is that I feel that lot's of the choices you make don;t really matter and the plot will go on regardless. Like, you could replay the episodes completely differently and you'd still be in the same place.

yeah, I just finished playing the first episode and something happened at the end and nearly pissed myself laughing because I thought that it was completely my fault and had only happened because I was asking for it, but i googled it and seems it happens one way whatever you do, bit disappointing

Despite knowing that and not being much game in it, I enjoyed it and I'll get the next ones