Jump to content
IGNORED

Rick and Morty


Halo
 Share

Recommended Posts

@makkuwata Can you put that in a spoiler tag please?

 

There have been a few posts in the last couple of pages when people have said "latest episode" or "this week's episode" without being clear whether they mean the US or the UK broadcasts. I know we're close to the end of the season, but please use episode names or numbers to avoid this!

 

X2y5Egx.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NEW EP. US BROADCAST 24/05/20. BROADCAST CODE F76T#G.

 

I liked this one. I think the show became non-essential last season, and disappeared into self-indulgence early in this season.

 

That's not to say that it's a bad show, just that as they try to weave in more layers, I find myself catching them in between looking at my phone.

 

I remember when Archer stopped being appointment viewing. It felt like a sad time.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

American pace. 4x10. Last episode of this season

 

Spoiler

I thought that was a proper great episode. Some great sci-fi bits, the return of Bird Person and Tammie, loads of hilarious jokes (Jerry dropping the gun was a highlight) and a nice, thoughtful ending. Can't wait for season 5 whenever that airs.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I found watching this via all-4 nearly ruined it for me. For a 25 minute show with fast pace jokes to have that great whacking ad break in kills it.

 

Thank goodness it's up on netflix next week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Pete said:

I found watching this via all-4 nearly ruined it for me. For a 25 minute show with fast pace jokes to have that great whacking ad break in kills it for me.

 

Thank goodness it's up on netflix next week.

 

I will torrent any show rather than go anywhere that absolute dumpster fire of an app. Smart TV, PS3 ot PS4 versions are all buggy as hell spunking an hours worth of adverts at you if you dare fast forward through a show and then just arbitrarily deciding to dump you back at the beginning of a show at random intervals.

 

Back on topic. I love Jerry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All4 is OK on the desktop web interface (I had to use it to watch Primal, and the last few episodes of Friday Night Dinner), but all the app versions I've tried are horrendous.

 

So I've been watching Rick & Morty and Harley Quinn as they're broadcast on E4. It's been nice to have something to look forward to watching live.

 

On 06/06/2020 at 10:20, McFly said:

Really good last episode, until C4 ruined the end with their credit-squeeze-voice-over insult.

 

On the penultimate episode, the voiceover and credit squeeze extended into the post-credit scene! I don't remember that ever happening with any other episodes. For a few seconds it looked like it was going to happen with the season finale too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know its only TV but when we see a really touching scene its kinda ruins the emotional impact to hear about Celebrity gogglebox or someshit like that 2 seconds after. Nevermind the disrespect to someones work/art.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I find All4 fine, adverts aside but they don’t bother me too much.

 

I was watching First Blood on ITV4 once and they auto played the ‘coming next’ voiceover chat too early, all over Stallone’s ending speech! :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Fuck me :(

 

I assume the commercials are automated? It seems they cant come on when somebody is talking but as the last word dies in their throat they start. 

 

i remember watching Casinonat 8am on AMC while in America and the language edit was awful. Why not just do a proper take then an altered for TV one?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mr Combo Breaker said:

that'd be great, one where Joe Pesci is all like 'get this through your head, you jew motherhubbard you, you only exist out here becuase of me!'

Thats pretty much it, but with sub

kung-fu movie dubbing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, McFly said:

 

I assume the commercials are automated? It seems they cant come on when somebody is talking but as the last word dies in their throat they start. 


Squeezes, voice overs and graphics are usually bolted on to a timecode, which triggers them playing / animating etc Similarly, that’s why the house lights come on in most cinema chains two seconds after the end credits start - a digital timecode triggers the system.

 

If non-programme items play out incorrectly, either the wrong timecode has been entered along the media ingest chain or someone in the scheduling department hasn’t checked timings before exporting from the content management system (which will typically include programmes, promos, ads etc) to the play out software.

 

There should still be someone manually checking live transmissions, but things still slip through. Probably most noticeable with live sport where ad breaks can run a little short due to fluctuating timings, and viewers will see a holding slate graphic stating something along the lines of ‘live coverage will resume shortly’

 

Or of things goes wrong, just blame Jerry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/06/2020 at 10:39, glb said:

Squeezes, voice overs and graphics are usually bolted on to a timecode, which triggers them playing / animating etc Similarly, that’s why the house lights come on in most cinema chains two seconds after the end credits start - a digital timecode triggers the system.

 

If non-programme items play out incorrectly, either the wrong timecode has been entered along the media ingest chain or someone in the scheduling department hasn’t checked timings before exporting from the content management system (which will typically include programmes, promos, ads etc) to the play out software.

 

There should still be someone manually checking live transmissions, but things still slip through. Probably most noticeable with live sport where ad breaks can run a little short due to fluctuating timings, and viewers will see a holding slate graphic stating something along the lines of ‘live coverage will resume shortly’

 

Or of things goes wrong, just blame Jerry.

 

All of this, but also in an app like All4, you have to deal with how the video is being sent to the viewer. It'll be delivered over HTTP as video chunks of (likely) 2 secs ish. When dealing with the ad break, you have a bunch of choices. You either split the segment with the break precisely, so you might end up with eg a 1.8s segment and a 0.2s segment, which no-one really likes to do, or you do a bunch of quite complex maths to break up the segments around it and reform them so you might have 2, 2, 1.8, 2.2, 2, 2 (or whatever makes sense) or you don't really bother with any of that and just attach the ad break to the end of the closest segment. I think All4 mainly does the latter - nearly every break seems early or late.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 08/06/2020 at 12:34, sir podger said:

Back on topic. I love Jerry.


Part of my issue with S3 was the lack of Jerry. And sad Jerry is no good. He’s like a dog just doing his thing. Let him live in his own little world without any real consequences or ills. The rest of the characters can deal with saving the planet and the emotional rollercoasters. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That anime pastiche has confirmed for me that I’ll just never get anime. It’s clearly a loving adaptation to the form, but maybe I should stop trying to understand the appeal of Dragonball or Naruto and just accept it’s not for me.

 

I’d watch a storyboard voiceover for next season in a heartbeat tho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.