Jump to content

Wreckfest - Bugbear (IBM Compatibles)


Recommended Posts

The PS5/Series X|S will automatically boost performance of PS4/XB1 games when there are unlocked frame rates and/or dynamic resolutions. Xbox One games also seem to have the ability to be Series X|S aware for a "basic" update.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just played the Series X recent update.

 

There's a few screen tears and frame drops but it's a massive improvement on the 30fps version I ditched after 10 minutes of play. 

 

Now at least I'm looking forward to putting more time into it instead of removing it from the storage. 

 

Great work BugBear.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, moosegrinder said:

Is that at 1080 or 4k? It's absolutely solid on 1080

4k.

 

I'll give it a blast at 1080p. To be honest with my eyesight I probably won't notice the res drop. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Seemed pretty solid at 4K for the few races I just had - feels like a new game. 

It is solid for the most part. I only had issues when I suffered a bad crash near the start of a race and had to 180 spin back to the track with the other 15 cars ahead of me. I'm sure the guys at Digital Foundry will give it a full work over. But I'm super happy with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we have any PSN or PC (Steam) regulars? As much as I like this game, I'm not buying an Xbox and Game Pass Ultimate just for rllmuk Wreckfest races! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really see the difference between 30 and 60 fps, my eyes must just be shite, but it definitely feels a bit more solid to drive. 

 

Not seen any issues at 4k too. Now that sort of thing I see far too easily and it is my burden. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AK Bell said:

I don't really see the difference between 30 and 60 fps, my eyes must just be shite, but it definitely feels a bit more solid to drive. 

 

Not seen any issues at 4k too. Now that sort of thing I see far too easily and it is my burden. 


I wish, it was very obvious,

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also noticed the same screen tear at 4k but its very brief. if it bugs me i'll drop to 1080p.  What the purpose of the tournament? I have mostly been playing online with mates and a little single player.  It gets a monthly update? Its just to keep you playing after you've completed the career?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, fattakin said:

Also noticed the same screen tear at 4k but its very brief. if it bugs me i'll drop to 1080p.  What the purpose of the tournament? I have mostly been playing online with mates and a little single player.  It gets a monthly update? Its just to keep you playing after you've completed the career?

 

You get Fame, which you can then spend on cars that you can only get from the tournament shop. It's updated monthly, you get small amounts of fame for completing the events, then at the end of the month you get a big payout depending on the trophies you got.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I played this I don't even think it'd had a Pro/X upgrade. Now it's at 60fps, 4K and auto-HDR works. I rocketed through the first campaign cup again last night - feels amazing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This update has transformed an already-very-good game into something that's totally spectacular. I only saw one frame rate hitch at the start of a race when there was a particularly massive crash involving pretty much every vehicle! Otherwise it's been very solid.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man. Hopefully the PS5 patch isn't far behind! 

 

They have missed a trick releasing this in game pass prior to the patch.. They would have sold a bucket load if they had patched it a then released to game pass a few months later. I wonder if its going to be a PS plus game soon... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Pro tip adding this to the internal drive on X has reduced load times massively.

Oh god yeah, I played it on release and the load times were horrendous. Last night I was barrelling through races with minimal hanging around. It was awesome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pob said:

Oh god yeah, I played it on release and the load times were horrendous. Last night I was barrelling through races with minimal hanging around. It was awesome.

 

2 hours ago, Boozy The Clown said:

Pro tip adding this to the internal drive on X has reduced load times massively.

 

One of the guys in our group still plays on the original VCR Xbox one, the load times are so slow on it that us X users can be loaded in, chosen our cars, modified our cars and readied up before he has even loaded in. It's painful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Parappa said:

Nope it hasn't.


Hmmm must’ve been PS Now I was thinking of. I thought I’d remembered thinking great game but I’ve already got it one month.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, scoobysi said:


Hmmm must’ve been PS Now I was thinking of. I thought I’d remembered thinking great game but I’ve already got it one month.

ah yes - correct it was! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

oh my, almost 2y after launch this is really blossoming - 4k 60fps looks glorious and the loading times on Series X are so snappy - I speak as somebody who played this thru on PS4 Pro originally and it got a bit tedious on occasion waiting for it to load.

 

finally I've always thought and been vocal about how shit Sony DS pads are, especially the horrible flappy triggers. 

 

this feels so much nicer with the Xbox pad, better IMHO than with the newest DS5 which is still not that great in for my tastes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Gotters said:

this feels so much nicer with the Xbox pad, better IMHO than with the newest DS5 which is still not that great in for my tastes.


What don’t you like about the DualSense (DS5?), even on a last generation game the natural resistance of the triggers is brilliant for racing games?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, scoobysi said:


What don’t you like about the DualSense (DS5?), even on a last generation game the natural resistance of the triggers is brilliant for racing games?

 

always hated the Sony analogue sticks but in particular the silly little flappy triggers in all their iterations, feels difficult to hold a point to slide nicely at 50% trigger which I can do with ease on the Xbox triggers. personal feeling but don't think they are ergonomic or decent joypads at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.