Jump to content

Wreckfest - Bugbear (IBM Compatibles)


Dimahoo
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'm not keen on the sound effects coming out of the DualSense, is there any way to switch it back to the main output? I played online with a friend yesterday and I kept hearing a knocking sound - I thought he had his pad on a table, turns out this is the 'backfire' noise coming through the controller (it sounds nothing like a backfire). 

 

There's also a very occasional 'hitch' on the PS5 version, the game will freeze for a frame or two, then carry on running smootly. It's rare, but noticable. It didn't happen on the PS4 version, and doesn't happen on the PC, hopefully it'll be ironed out soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, AlexM said:

I'm not keen on the sound effects coming out of the DualSense, is there any way to switch it back to the main output? I played online with a friend yesterday and I kept hearing a knocking sound - I thought he had his pad on a table, turns out this is the 'backfire' noise coming through the controller (it sounds nothing like a backfire). 

 

There's also a very occasional 'hitch' on the PS5 version, the game will freeze for a frame or two, then carry on running smootly. It's rare, but noticable. It didn't happen on the PS4 version, and doesn't happen on the PC, hopefully it'll be ironed out soon. 

A question… There’s a kind of twitch/tick on the right trigger every now and again. Have you worked out what it’s meant to be?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah, the PS5 upgrade seems pretty thin pickings, as a freebie fine but I'm not seeing paid value here, especially over where the X series is at the moment.

 

the triggers feedback is just odd, especially the brake, it just doesn't add any feel or extra gameplay feeling, I didn't mind the noises out the pad but again its a small freebie not something worth paying for.

 

most importantly though I literally can't see the difference graphically, sure Digital Foundry would sniff it out but in the real world I'm not noticing it looks any better than it does on X series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, footle said:

A question… There’s a kind of twitch/tick on the right trigger every now and again. Have you worked out what it’s meant to be?


I haven’t noticed that in particular, but I’m finding the haptic setup rather numb so far - hopefully it’ll be tweaked. 
 

THQ have posted this on Twitter regarding saves and cross-play:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

60 FPS. 4K Resolution. Faster Loading Times. Enhanced Lighting. Improved Visual Effects. 24 Player Multiplayer. Controller Haptic Feedback.

All of these are present and correct in the PS5 version.  They never mentioned texture improvements. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

60 FPS. 4K Resolution. Faster Loading Times. Enhanced Lighting. Improved Visual Effects. 24 Player Multiplayer. Controller Haptic Feedback.

 

My old eyes do not notice the parts in bold. To me, it looks the exact same as the PS4 version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, footle said:

A question… There’s a kind of twitch/tick on the right trigger every now and again. Have you worked out what it’s meant to be?

I believe it’s to simulate changing gear. Left side for shifting down, right side for shifting up. It actually feels amazing it’s just pretty infrequent. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Sarlaccfood said:

I believe it’s to simulate changing gear. Left side for shifting down, right side for shifting up. It actually feels amazing it’s just pretty infrequent. 

 

I change down gears in automatic as it makes me quick as shit out of corners. Also helps if you break late. It's very handy without the pain of manual as you van reverse easier.8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Fused gamer said:

 

I change down gears in automatic as it makes me quick as shit out of corners. Also helps if you break late. It's very handy without the pain of manual as you van reverse easier.8

Top gear all the way round behbay!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, df0 said:

60 FPS. 4K Resolution. Faster Loading Times. Enhanced Lighting. Improved Visual Effects. 24 Player Multiplayer. Controller Haptic Feedback.

 

My old eyes do not notice the parts in bold. To me, it looks the exact same as the PS4 version.

There are definitely god rays that aren’t in the older version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/05/2021 at 20:13, Fierce Poodle said:

I see the two season passes are currently on sale on Xbox - are they worth it? I assume it’s mainly extra cars.

 

Taken from the MS store after your post got me wondering / interested:

 

Season 1 & 2 contains: - 32 exciting vehicles - 20 crazy roof decorations - Car customization packs with new armor, rims and more.

 

At £16.60 combined (for mainly cars and skins) it's not for me. If you feel the same but are fancying some extended racing content at a bit of a bargain price then the FH4 Ultimate Add Ons pack is cheap as chips at the moment (with no VPN required) on the Icelandic store :):

https://www.microsoft.com/en-is/p/forza-horizon-4-ultimate-add-ons-bundle/9p7jj1fkqwxh?ranMID=46128&ranEAID=hL3Qp0zRBOc&ranSiteID=hL3Qp0zRBOc-GabRzNfVCK4XqC3Q0IMO0w&epi=hL3Qp0zRBOc-GabRzNfVCK4XqC3Q0IMO0w&irgwc=1&OCID=AID2000142_aff_7794_1243925&tduid=(ir__9bqgera9ogkftwktkk0sohz3zv2xu3ezdpj01cvz00)(7794)(1243925)(hL3Qp0zRBOc-GabRzNfVCK4XqC3Q0IMO0w)()&irclickid=_9bqgera9ogkftwktkk0sohz3zv2xu3ezdpj01cvz00&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the one you download on PS5 is the version not yet released? I found it looking very upscaled, so thought it was running at the old 1080p.

 

Played some online, quite fun, although I find the modes where you just try to crash the other cars a bit boring compared to the more normal racing ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The patch definitely upgraded the graphics and performance for me.

 

This game is fantastic by the way.  I went ahead and bought season 2 pass as a thank you for the free game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Absolutely loving the PS5 version, did thoroughly enjoy this on PS4 too though.

 

The lighting (spent too long being mesmerised by the shadows on the lawnmower races, which, was well weird), dust effects, 3D audio, haptic feedback, loving it.

 

Did download the gamepass version on series X today as well just to compare having read some comments on here, very impressed with the 60fps boost thing, think Sony need to come up with a solution for something similar  for PS5.

 

As smooth and pretty as the bone version is on the X, I didn't think it was as good looking as the new gen so still worth getting the inevitable full upgrade on series x/s when it drops (well, if the s is a viable option).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 06/05/2021 at 15:04, df0 said:

60 FPS. 4K Resolution. Faster Loading Times. Enhanced Lighting. Improved Visual Effects. 24 Player Multiplayer. Controller Haptic Feedback.

 

My old eyes do not notice the parts in bold. To me, it looks the exact same as the PS4 version.

 

A few seconds of some fancy dan lighting effects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bonzai1888 said:

Absolutely loving the PS5 version, did thoroughly enjoy this on PS4 too though.

 

The lighting (spent too long being mesmerised by the shadows on the lawnmower races, which, was well weird), dust effects, 3D audio, haptic feedback, loving it.

 

Did download the gamepass version on series X today as well just to compare having read some comments on here, very impressed with the 60fps boost thing, think Sony need to come up with a solution for something similar  for PS5.

 

As smooth and pretty as the bone version is on the X, I didn't think it was as good looking as the new gen so still worth getting the inevitable full upgrade on series x/s when it drops (well, if the s is a viable option).

It's not an fps boost on series x - it's a mild update to the One X version to unlock 60fps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bonzai1888 said:

Thats a shame then.

At the moment. The upgrade equivalent will come out in June. 
But I’d find it a hard sell for £10 - dirty cars and god rays. it already loads faster than the next gen version, has the 4K/60fps stuff sorted, and won’t have the DualShock haptics. Perhaps the additional multiplayer cars?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Played this more than I thought I would on PS5. I didn't sense any haptic feedback going on though? 

 

Also the load times must have been bad on the PS4 - as they ain't that great on the PS5. I'm comparing load times with games like Demon's Souls that load a complete world in about 3 seconds, or a Call Of Duty CW level that loads in 2 secs, this takes about 10 times that amount of time it seems. Also when choosing a car there is a loading wheel appearing.

 

Playing it though, pretty nice. I've dialled in the POV so its nice and close up, feels quite immersive. 

 

A racing game without gimmicks, no nitros or rewind, and yet we are told there is no scope for a Ridge Racer 8 in today's market. Mmmmmm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, englishbob said:

Played this more than I thought I would on PS5. I didn't sense any haptic feedback going on though? 

 

Also the load times must have been bad on the PS4 - as they ain't that great on the PS5. I'm comparing load times with games like Demon's Souls that load a complete world in about 3 seconds, or a Call Of Duty CW level that loads in 2 secs, this takes about 10 times that amount of time it seems. Also when choosing a car there is a loading wheel appearing.

 

Playing it though, pretty nice. I've dialled in the POV so its nice and close up, feels quite immersive. 

 

A racing game without gimmicks, no nitros or rewind, and yet we are told there is no scope for a Ridge Racer 8 in today's market. Mmmmmm


Feels like generic rumble auto-translated to haptics, nothing of note (even at 100% vibration) but the triggers are ok and change depending on car damage. The load optimisation doesn’t appear much different to what it was like running PS4 version on PS5 SSD.

 

All in all more like a PS4 port as opposed to a native PS5 game, which is maybe to be expected. Feels a little cheeky to even charge £10 for it which is maybe why they put it on Plus at least.

 

It’s the best version of  a very good game though and they’re still improving it which is good.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Despite my previous comments, the more I play this the more I appreciate it as a very decent QOL upgrade. Really enjoying playing through it again, it just all seems a bit weightier and solid feeling.

 

The Activity Cards seems to have disappeared though, which is a bit of a shame as they were good to jump straight back into an event. Hopefully they’ll come back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't be arsed playing if my PS4 progress will eventually port over and it's not cross-gen multiplayer. Seems like it was shoved out before it was ready. It's fine if you haven't played on PS4 I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, p1nseeker said:

I can't be arsed playing if my PS4 progress will eventually port over and it's not cross-gen multiplayer. Seems like it was shoved out before it was ready. It's fine if you haven't played on PS4 I guess.


Yep I get that. I don’t mind starting it again though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, p1nseeker said:

I can't be arsed playing if my PS4 progress will eventually port over and it's not cross-gen multiplayer. Seems like it was shoved out before it was ready. It's fine if you haven't played on PS4 I guess.

 

I'm with you on that. I'm still playing PS4 and not getting any shinies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Me and a few mates played this online last night. Man it's good fun. Just utter carnage left right and centre. It is, however, utter madness that they don't just give the win to the last man standing in races. We were playing with 24 people with Intense damage on and every race was going down to one person after 5 laps so you're just left watching them carefully complete the race. 

 

Still, other than that it looks lovely and is great fun. PS+ has been really good for actually giving us multiplayer games to play on our PS5s over the last few months. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.