IGNORED

Wreckfest - Bugbear (IBM Compatibles)

Dimahoo

On 25/06/2022 at 15:15, moosegrinder said:

NECROBUMP

This is out on Switch, I'm reviewing it for MHG and I'm impressed. Solid in the main at 30fps and at very much reduced fidelity but it doesn't chug as much as I thought it would. Damage modelling seems to be entirely intact. Need to give handheld some time because I've only played docked. I'm surprised no one has taken the plunge.

I've been playing it all weekend, what a fabulous port! I think i'm enjoying playing it in handheld more than playing it on the telly, it just seems really suited to the Switch.

And how have they managed to get the load times down so much? It took an age to load on my Xbox One, the Switch version is getting close to Series X load times, crazy.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Is anyone else on Switch finding this much more difficult without analogue triggers?

Takes a bit of adjustment, but not had much trouble. I'm a pump the accelerator and break kinda guy, so it's been ok. 

• 4 weeks later...

@marsh and @Pimpalicious MZ and some others who normally race in Monday Night Racing Club on GT7 are back playing this on PS5/PS4.

Wreckfest Wednesdays are 21:00 CET (8pm UK time) for about an hour or do. We’ve got a PSN party for it so if you’re interested let us know and come along, all are welcome

Downloaded it after deleting it a while ago to see if some issues where fixed (Xbox). There are still bits of floating wreckage that appear on track after a collision and running over tyres is like running over cardboard (zero impact). Surely the devs must notice this?

5 hours ago, dvdx2 said:

Downloaded it after deleting it a while ago to see if some issues where fixed (Xbox). There are still bits of floating wreckage that appear on track after a collision and running over tyres is like running over cardboard (zero impact). Surely the devs must notice this?

I've noticed bits of floating wreckage on all versions, I can't say it's had any impact of my enjoyment of the game.

• 4 weeks later...

Wreckfest Wednesdays are 21:00 CET (8pm UK time) for about an hour or do.
All are welcome  so if you’re interested let us know and come along, PS4/PS5. 
 Friend me ‘JUNKERDENB’ or ‘POLMON’ or ‘vladthegimp10’ ( @marsh) and we can add you to the PSN party for it.

1 hour ago, Junker said:

Wreckfest Wednesdays are 21:00 CET (8pm UK time) for about an hour or do.
All are welcome  so if you’re interested let us know and come along, PS4/PS5. 
 Friend me ‘JUNKERDENB’ or ‘POLMON’ or ‘vladthegimp10’ ( @marsh) and we can add you to the PSN party for it.

I’ll totally be on for this tonight. I’m already friends with Polmon.

Last night was great, AI seemed super aggressive, absolute chaos at the chicane on the Tribend oval. 
 Watching the duel between @Polmon and Bart at the end of the race round that track with the two roundabouts at each end was high drama

1 minute ago, Junker said:

Last night was great, AI seemed super aggressive, absolute chaos at the chicane on the Tribend oval. 
 Watching the duel between @Polmon and Bart at the end of the race round that track with the two roundabouts at each end was high drama

Me watching on spectate.

a1548-3e4738c7d9000cb3e98fbf8dae8ff14f.jpg.5324a96e9744f39f9fc72d56b5eed4b0.jpg

4 hours ago, Junker said:

‘Wreckfest Wednesdays’ are gathering a bit of momentum, we had 7 of us last night,  Great stuff 

I'm on for next week, I sat dithering over what shocks I should be ordering for my civic instead of firing up the ps5. Worst of all, I didn't order anything in the end!

Got on around 10pm, went on chivalry, nearly won a round of 64 player carnage, then got autobalanced in the next one and rage quit.

It was good to be back last night! - I was very rusty but it was great fun.  Apologies to who I hit head on at the end of the last race - I didn't totally intend to do it but it had started the drift into the corner early so I just stuck with it.  🤣

I think some of the guys I played with over lockdown fancy a spin again so they may join us if thats ok . 

10 hours ago, Parappa said:

It was good to be back last night! - I was very rusty but it was great fun.  Apologies to who I hit head on at the end of the last race - I didn't totally intend to do it but it had started the drift into the corner early so I just stuck with it.  🤣

I think some of the guys I played with over lockdown fancy a spin again so they may join us if thats ok . 

Yeah the more the merrier. It’s not a special club or owt, just a time and a way of playing multiplayer Wreckfest for anyone who fancies it

5 minutes ago, milko said:

Is it the one by those Dangerous Driving guys, more of a Burnout/Trackmania thing than Wreckfest, title aside. 

Ah, so is it not by Bugbear then, I didn’t pay any attention to that lol.