Formula One - 2014 Season

I missed the 'tough luck' exchange. What halppened there then?I missed the 'tough luck' exchange. What halppened there then?

Vettel told to let Ricciardo past. Vettel asks if they are on the same tyres, and said "tough luck" - in other words he was not going to yield because they were competing. Seemed to be some confusion on whether the two Red Bulls were on different strategies.

Every time I see the Microsoft Cloud Services advert, saying that it helps with every decision Lotus make to win races, I can't help feeling there's more than enough data to say they got one decision wrong...

Sorry, it’s been a hectic weekend in a cold wet blustery Northamptonshire field. The WEC race was excellent and sets up Le Mans beautifully.
here are the results and such, the drunken rambling will have to wait I'm afraid.
Well done to Tarquin who goes to the top of the table.

TarquinTheHappyMouse,28
JPR,27
buzbybill,25
Tokyo Bogue,25
SMD,23
Sidewaysbob,22
Wev,22
Alistair Stoddart,21
keineboom,21
Simbo,21
Velse,20
Dean Roskell,20
PK2104,20
Gay4LewisF1,20
Kiroquai,20
Baring,20
Bushtopher,19
Davius,19
makkuwata,18
gospvg,18
PK2014,18
Mortis,18
Charles,18
arokib666,17
Chris Burns,17
nuskool,16
MrPogo,15
Valver,15
mexos,14
mlewis,12
Geo,12

• Upvote 3

On what grounds? The rule has been there forever and is incredibly clear.

That the flag was waved in error and everyone on the circuit and pitlane went the full race difference, it wasn't until after the race (a couple of hours after?) that the flag being waved when it was would stand, resulting in Kobayashis pass on Bianchi being wiped out

Art 43.2
Should for any reason the end-of-race signal be given before the leading car completes the scheduled number of laps, or the prescribed time has been completed, the race will be deemed to have finished when the leading car last crossed the Line before the signal was given.
Should the end-of- race signal be delayed for any reason, the race will be deemed to have finished when it should have finished.
Daft mistake, but the result should stand. Everyone went the full distance to cover their arse just in case the powers that be made in unheard of insane decision.
Does make Lewis' comment make sense now - i for one had no idea what he was talking about.

Oh I'm not disputing the rules, just saying that its rather unfair that Caterham could potentially lose alot of money in the Caterham v Marussia fight (especially with the potentially of new teams to compete with next season) because "Dave" can't read a fucking lap counter properly.

Aye - i agree really, but it's pretty cut and dry from the rule book. I reckon if it is a commercially advantageous then there could be an appeal, but it'd be a judgement call from the top and lots of digging into telemetry to see if people stopped pushing after they saw the 'first' chequered flag potentially enabling a pass, even then it'd still be a bit hit and miss.

If it's lawyers and engineers then any data could almost be shown to mean anything.

Poor "Dave" will probably be cleaning Uranium from worked boots next week.

Just been reading comments on F1Fanatic and theres a number of people saying that blue flags (and indeed blue lights) were being shown in error, one person claims a lone Mercedes was shown blue flags as was Alonso when Rosberg was behind him, this was all at the last corner apparently.

No idea how true any of that is but if so then something was clearly going wrong with the running of the race this weekend.

Yes, it was being held in the peoples republic of shooting dissidents and torturing students. Next up the united Soviet society of annexing neghbouring countries and arming local militias of Putin.

Bernies world tour of questionable human rights hot spots continues apace.

• Upvote 3

Just been reading comments on F1Fanatic and theres a number of people saying that blue flags (and indeed blue lights) were being shown in error, one person claims a lone Mercedes was shown blue flags as was Alonso when Rosberg was behind him, this was all at the last corner apparently.

No idea how true any of that is but if so then something was clearly going wrong with the running of the race this weekend.

The commentators pointed out a few instances of wrongly waved blue flags and lights during the race. It was definitely happening.

Aye - i saw a couple of Blue situations :eyebrows: that weren't flagged. Wouldn't be surprised if there were a lot the other way round.

Oh I'm not disputing the rules, just saying that its rather unfair that Caterham could potentially lose alot of money in the Caterham v Marussia fight (especially with the potentially of new teams to compete with next season) because "Dave" can't read a fucking lap counter properly.

Marussia have already had a better result so its not any advantage or disadvantage to Caterham - prolly not worth spending the money on disputing it?

It's highly unlikely, but it could still possibly decide the season for the teams; if they both finish with a 12th place a piece as their best result then the standings will be decided by how many 13th's each has had, if that's tied then how many 14th's etc (only a vaguely related note, I think in Vettel's first championship year - the close one - it went into the final race where a certain combination of positions at the end of the race could have left two drivers level on points and tied on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th places with the championship then decided because one managed a 5th as their next best result when the other got a 6th. Or something along those lines).

Sorry, it’s been a hectic weekend in a cold wet blustery Northamptonshire field. The WEC race was excellent and sets up Le Mans beautifully.
here are the results and such, the drunken rambling will have to wait I'm afraid.
Well done to Tarquin who goes to the top of the table.

TarquinTheHappyMouse,28

JPR,27

buzbybill,25

Tokyo Bogue,25

SMD,23

Sidewaysbob,22

Wev,22

Alistair Stoddart,21

keineboom,21

Simbo,21

Velse,20

Dean Roskell,20

PK2104,20

Gay4LewisF1,20

Kiroquai,20

Baring,20

Bushtopher,19

Davius,19

makkuwata,18

gospvg,18

PK2014,18

Mortis,18

Charles,18

arokib666,17

Chris Burns,17

nuskool,16

MrPogo,15

Valver,15

mexos,14

mlewis,12

Geo,12

Did Webber race? Can't wait for Le Mans

It's highly unlikely, but it could still possibly decide the season for the teams; if they both finish with a 12th place a piece as their best result then the standings will be decided by how many 13th's each has had, if that's tied then how many 14th's etc (only a vaguely related note, I think in Vettel's first championship year - the close one - it went into the final race where a certain combination of positions at the end of the race could have left two drivers level on points and tied on 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th places with the championship then decided because one managed a 5th as their next best result when the other got a 6th. Or something along those lines).

Of course the argument that THIS is unfair for Caterham is easily countered by pointing out it would be even more unfair on Marussia if they lost because the FIA retrospectively changed rules after the event.

It's a bit of possible bad luck for Caterham, the same way as getting the bum set of tyres, or a piece of debris through the radiator or being anywhere near Maldonado on the grid is.