Elite Software ZX Spectrum Bluetooth Kickstarter

Goose

I'm in for the iOS version, but it also works on android as well, a bt keyboard though, wonder if i can use it with consoles?

i also wonder if people pledging for the signed prints know they're not getting the device as well?

I'm sure they are - they've just not worded it properly

Herere an example of how we think we can make this work in practice, (and in so doing, avoid the need to add a whole host of new reward combinations or to create rewards that include items that you may not want).

Say you want a print and a device.

E.g. Manic Miner, Limited-Edition Collectors Print (#11-49 of 50) at £60 and a Bluetooth ZX Spectrum for iOS devices - Founders' Edition at £50, both to be shipped to an address outside the UK. To pledge for this you would add the two rewards together (£60 and £50, plus £10 for the cost of shipping the device to an address outside the UK;

see? I wonder if they read the updates?

Am I reading it correctly - it seems the £60,000 is to fund tooling to make the samples, but not the actual device? The KS mentions that once they hit £60K, they will have funds to make the Golden Sample. They will then expand the KS to make the actual device?

Edit: To sum up - their KS has too much text and I don't understand it.

Its anticipated that in the region of half of the £60,000 initial goal which we have set for this appeal will expended upon the first 1,000 production units. The order for the first 1,000 production units will not be placed until the golden sample has been delivered, evaluated and accepted.

so the sixty k on the ks is for the golden sample AND the first 1000 units. BUT it looks like they're taking orders for a thousand with the iOS s/ware and another 1000 with the android version.

Not sure - how I read it (and this may be wrong)

They need 60K to make a Golden sample, from which others will then be created. Half of the £60K will go toward making this sample (and tooling) and the rest will go on making the first 1000 units.

This is based on them being happy with the golden sample to move forward with production. It also mentions they may need to make multiple Golden Samples before finding one which is acceptable, which I would assume would cut into the remainder of the £60K, and the money toward the 1000 units.

These 1000 units, providing the Golden Sample is accepted, will be produced in China. But any further production runs will be done in the UK (?)

I'd be interested in putting money forward if I could figure out what I'd be getting - I read it as a pledge of £50 would get me one of those first 1000?

Yes, they even mentioned Matthew Smith finally makes money of his stuff because of it.

If they didn't have the rights they'd not only be in a bit of trouble, but they probably have uploaded a lot more to cash in on things as quickly as they could (and no doubt stuck up all the Ultimate Play The Game stuff)

But surely, as cool as a Speccy keyboard would be, it would be utterly useless on a modern computer?

I mean, you'd have to be constantly referring to the keyboard to find any symbol keys.....

ony way this would be really cool would be if it also actually doubled as a Spectrum, with an SD slot.....

• 2 weeks later...

Cute, though I thought the Spectrum had a horrible keyboard - sure I'm not alone in that?

No it was immense (coming off the zx81). I have a funny feeling that this keyboard wouldn't have that "rubbery" tactile feel that made the real rubber-speccy so unique though.