Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight

Goose

Yeah I was just gonna post that. Wonder why? Because if the leak? ( unlikely) or do the tarantino films not do that great at the cinema? Kill bill is the only ones that seemed main stream.

Edit: rumours are they want the screens for star wars..

Sounds like CineWorld have taken their bat and ball home, and refused to show it anywhere simply because they couldn't get the 70mm print for their West End venue:

Cineworld had made us aware that they were very unhappy that The Hateful Eight had been booked into the Odeon Leicester Square for an exclusive 70mm Ultra Panavision presentation, and specifically that they would therefore not be able to play the film at their Picturehouse Central venue. Due to the special facilities required for the unique 70mm Ultra Panavision presentation we needed the largest theatre and screen possible in the West End and the Odeon Leicester Square was the natural choice. The technical elements and costs involved with this special presentation meant that this would need to be the exclusive West End venue. The Odeon Leicester Square seats 1680 and Picturehouse Central only seats 344 so clearly this was not a viable alternative.

Cineworld had every opportunity to book the film in their other cinemas across the country on the same basis as other exhibitors and declined to do so. This is despite the fact that there is no dispute over the financial terms for this release.
We feel very sorry for Cineworld’s customers and in particular their Unlimited cardholders who will be denied the chance to see the film at a Cineworld cinema using their Unlimited card - a result of this Picturehouse issue relating to a single London West End cinema. As far as the general release is concerned we will be booking more sites with other exhibitors to compensate for Cineworld’s lack of support for a film that has already been given 5 stars and declared as Quentin Tarantino’s masterpiece by The Guardian.
If Cineworld change their mind by tomorrow morning and decide to book the film in the proper way along the lines of the other exhibitors we would be happy for them to do so.

Fuckwits.

How is it not Cineworld's fault for them making the decision to not show it all all just because they can't show it in 70mm in one cinema?

Ah I thought folk were simply shouting at cineworld for not showing the 70mm print. In that case that is nonsense, but has the whiff of exhibitioner bullshit to me, I'm sure there's more to the story.

I saw it in 70mm last week. Everyone going in received a program, there's a five minute overture before the movie starts, and after the intermission, there's another, shorter piece of music before the second half of the movie starts. I'll admit, I didn't really notice much difference seeing it in 70mm, other than the super-wide aspect ratio, which does work well with the interior shots and the analogue artifacts you get with any film. That all said, I enjoyed the movie a lot, it's very Tarantino and has stayed with me a good week later which doesn't often happen. Really wish I'd caught the live reading over the original script, now.

It's not cineworlds fault, it's mirimaxs for not printing enough 70mm copies. Theyve also sent a lot of the copies to tiny screens in America that are ill equipped for 70mm and very small. Lots of complaints surfacing.

I would imagine that the deal with OLSQ insists that no other west end sites show 70mm.

Is the ending simply just...

Those two characters survive?

In another nod to The Thing, I think it was left ambiguous but pointing to them probably dying there and that their last act of solidarity was to kill their common enemy.

Is the ending simply just...

Those two characters survive?

There is absolutely no way to know if one or both live beyond the end, given the info presented in the film but if I had to guess, due to the nature of their wounds and the isolation of the Haberdashery, I'd say it's likely that they are both going to die and they know this and so take some small solace in the death of Daisy and the ridiculousness of their racial hatred. Hence the letter.