IGNORED

> Vic & Bobs House Of Fools Official thread

Hello Goaty ♥

Cheers, I'll check out the Dark Place thing. I was living abroad around that time, so missed pretty much everything from around 1998 to 2006 that was only shown in the UK. I remember coming back and people telling me I needed to watch The Office and stuff. Nobody mentioned Dark Place, though.

The Gone In Sixty Seconds joke was wonderful. :D Terrible (hear the audience groan!), but it made me laugh more than anything else in the episode.

Cheers, I'll check out the Dark Place thing. I was living abroad around that time, so missed pretty much everything from around 1998 to 2006 that was only shown in the UK. I remember coming back and people telling me I needed to watch The Office and stuff. Nobody mentioned Dark Place, though.

Much like The Armando Iannucci Shows, which also aired during the period you were away (have you seen that? You should), Darkplace was broadcast in a stupid timeslot which meant it got really low viewing figures. I think I only caught one episode of it when it was first shown (the Scotch Mist one), but that was enough to persuade me to seek out the DVD a few years later.

Oh yes that Gone In 60 Seconds joke was pitch-perfect. I was a bit worried it would be a bit too reliant on absurd comedy but actually it was pretty tightly-written.

Pulling it a bit OT but if you watch Darkplace do also watch Man to Man with Dean Learner. If Darkplace was watched by 8 people, the spin-off chat show was probably watched by less. It came on with no fanfare at all, I don't even think they trailed it, but it's a very keenly-observed show.

Only saw the first episode of Man To Man, found it really disappointing. Maybe I should have given it another chance.

It wasn't 100%, the episode with the Uri Geller-esque psychic and the folk singer one were definitely lacking, but the rest were definitely worth a watch, especially the Steve Pising one (episode 2). Some of the filmed bits on all episodes were spot-on.

Watched the first episode through twice now, and it was funnier the second time round. Although during the first viewing I had manflu, and even then I managed several chuckles from my deathbed.

Can't wait for episode 2 cos it's pretty much already classic Reeves & Mortimer.

Well that's the hardest I've laughed at anything in years. Bloody excellent. The advert really didn't do this justice. It made it look pretty bad. I'm glad I caught up with it on iPlayer after reading the first page of this thread as I might not have bothered otherwise. I now can't wait for episode 2!

You see, this here thread is why I come into rllmuk. Good taste. Everyone I know thought this was somewhere between average and shit. It angers me that my friends and colleagues have no sense of humour it seems.

Vic and Bob are my comedy idols and I thought this was fantastic, the bets they've been in years and for me they've never really been bad in their whole career. I haven't cried with laughter for ages but I did several times during this. Just like I used to with Judge Nutmeg and Wavy Davy.