IGNORED

Call of Cthulhu - Oct 30th

JPR

• 7 months later...

It's still alive.

A Private Detective, Edward Pierce is a mission to find the truth behind the death of an acclaimed artist and her family on a backwater island. Pierce is used to trusting his instincts, but with whale mutilations and disappearing bodies, this is only the beginning as reality becomes skewed.

As your investigation leads you closer to the sphere of influence of the Great Dreamer, you will start to doubt everything you see. You will have to find balance between your own sanity, and your determination in finding out what lurks in the shadows - as they say that madness is the only way that can bring you to the truth.

On a mission to find the truth behind the death of an acclaimed artist and her family on a backwater island, the player will soon uncover a more disturbing truth as the Great Dreamer, Cthulhu, prepares its awakening...

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
1 hour ago, VN1X said:

Done. 

You step away from the PC for a few minutes and someone comes in and takes over. ;)

I'd forgotten all about this one, it had slipped into the dark corners just out of sight, good to see it's close. Also went to check for updates on The Sinking City which isn't far off either, you wait all this time and then two Lovecrafts come along at the same time.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So I’ve just pre ordered this for Friday. I love Cthulhu and enjoyed Dark Corners of the Earth. The sanity and investigation systems look solid and most importantly the armosphere looks good. 

It’s such a good setting that I’m really looking forward to playing. And yes, I will be doing that instead of getting stuck into the Wild West. 

59 minutes ago, Yiggy said:

So I’ve just pre ordered this for Friday. I love Cthulhu and enjoyed Dark Corners of the Earth. The sanity and investigation systems look solid and most importantly the armosphere looks good. 

It’s such a good setting that I’m really looking forward to playing. And yes, I will be doing that instead of getting stuck into the Wild West. 

There wasn't much else like it at the time - janky as hell but I think I completed it twice. I think this will be my Christmas game.

Disappointed in what I've seen. Seems like Dark Corners again ...which isn't a bad thing in its own right but I was hoping for something a bit more epic in scale. Basically a game with the scope of the Call of Cthulhu story, rather than another game with the scope of The Dunwich Horror.

• 5 weeks later...

I’m slugging my way through this at the moment. The atmosphere is good in places but there are far more downsides than upsides. 

It looks 4 years old. The script is very bad in places. The mechanics feel very old and limited. There are some very frustrating sections where you’re running around in the dark with it not being clear what your supposed to do. Also and very disappointingly the sanity mechanic is pretty non existent so far. I’m 9 chapters in and it’s made no difference at all yet. 

Saying all that im still playing it because I like some of the settings. If you like B movie quality dialogue and the setting then I think you might get some enjoyment out of it. It’s very much a 60% game IMO but I would rather have a Mediocre Cthulhu game than no Ctulhi game at all.