rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Bojangle

Game of the Year 2014 is here! - Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD Edition - Steam Release

Official blurb --

The ultimate HD edition of Resident Evil™ 4 is heading for PC digital download on Steam® globally and available as a retail version for Windows PC in Europe. PC gamers will be able to play the groundbreaking survival horror masterpiece in the highest visual fidelity ever with stunning HD running at a smooth 60 frames per second for the first time. Resident Evil 4 will be available from February 28, 2014 for €19.99/$19.99.

Alongside the announcement, the Steam pre-order campaign has also gone live today which includes a digital soundtrack with more than 60 tracks and a digital artbook for those that purchase early.

Details can be found at http://store.steampowered.com/app/254700. Resident Evil 4 will include Steam platform support with Steam Achievements, Steam Cloud, Steam Trading Cards, global leaderboards, and full game controller support. The new PC version will include everything from the prior iterations including subtitle support in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese and Polish as well as previously released bonus content such as the Separate Ways epilogue.

Doesn't appear to be up on Steam just yet, but this is so getting bought. Best. Game. Ever.

• Upvote 6

I honestly can't keep count of the amount of times I've played through this game. So the answer is yes. Yes you can bring yourself to play it.

60 FPS and HD Mercs mode with Steam Leaderboards? Sold!

I hate to be negative (ah, who am I kidding, I love to be negative), but €20 is a bit of a rip-off for a port of a 9 year old game. Admittedly, it's only going to be €20 for about 3 weeks before the inevitable Steam sale, but still.

I guess it's good that the prospect of easy money will keep the PC port train acomin'.

Joking aside, why the fuck are we getting another PC port of this when there's still no PC version of P.N.03, Viewtiful Joe, God Hand or Dragon's Dogma? Eh Capcom? EH?

• Upvote 2

Because Resident Evil 4 shits on all those games from a great height. Dragon's Dogma isn't fit to be uttered in the same sentence as Leon's Badass Adventure.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

I've not played Dragon's Dogma (because it's NOT OUT ON FUCKING PC), but nothing shits on God Hand, and P.N.03 shows how to really take advantage of a clunky control system in a third-person shooter.

• Upvote 1

The steam page has some screenshots. Looks like the hud has been redone reasonably well, but other textures are either untouched or have been upscaled with a fractal algorithm (probably Perfect Resize), resulting in ugly artifacts where the algorithm doesn't have enough information to work with, or is just guessing badly. The stone work here looks very typical of the worst you can achieve with that kind of plugin.

Urgh, that genuinely looks hideous.
  • Upvote 1

Just got back from work to be greeted with this fantastic news. It may not be much to some but a defintive edition* of one of the greatest games made may mean that Japanese devs (see MGS:R, Ikruga. Deadly Premintion, Dark Souls 2)are slowly coming round to the idea that there is money to be made in bringing their games to the Steam platform. I'm buying day 1 bell and whistles version to show my support.

Dragons Dogma next please Capcom and sort out your GFWL shit on your other Steam titles.

* I hope

• Upvote 1