IGNORED

Drakengard 3 - May 21st

JPR

Thought there was already something for this but I couldn't find it. Anyway they've just announced the release date for Europe, May 21st, also the fact that it's digital only.

I've never played a Drakengard game before but that doesn't stop this being one of my most anticipated games this year. Purely on the fact it's by the people and composer behind Nier which I ended up loving, plus some links between the games and I've liked what I've seen of it so far.

Would have liked a physical copy which NA will get, but suggestion is it's exclusive to the SE website who don't ship to Europe.

The soundtrack's kicking around in a few places and it's a pretty great ride.

This is probably one of my most anticipating games despite it going to be an absolute mess. Apparently it still suffers from the first two games problems with dodgy camera and dull combat but I don't care; the main thing about this game is it's guarranteed to be batshit crazy.

If it can top the gigantic floating murdering babies from the first game, I'll be happy.

d3_collectors_edition2.jpg

Annoyingly, America gets the option of this nice 5000 print Collector's Edition which is only available through S-E's own storefront (as well as the standard boxed edition).

As well as this, preorders also get 3 free bonuses the first of which has been revealed as JP voiceovers.

They've mentioned that this will most likely be available for purchase as DLc but have yet to mention when and where.

Meanwhile, in Europe there is zero mention of any of this. :hmm: Although no doubt the paid DLC will be certain to carry over.

Well this came out of nowhere, the first 2 have always been on my "maybe some day" list. I heard the second one is pretty nuts.

That's interesting because I had a conversation on the retro section about these game (was reading it back earlier after spotting this new thread) and he (I forgot who) said the second one was a lot less bonkers compared to the first. I loved the first game though, and that definitely is dark and certainly is batshit crazy in places. I did all the 5 endings and loved the way they allowed you to replay levels after initial completion in order to seek out hidden chapters and scenes which lead to entire new direction with new key characters which also go on to become some sort of power you can call upon in battle. It was rock hard too in places, but worth it.

I'm definitely intreagued by this third one but after looking back at the intro for the first one, there's something about it I prefer over this. The less (slightly) cartoony look for a start, and probably the lack of comedy which I never like when it's supposed to be dark and atmopherically (is this even a word?) engaging.

Never did get onto playing the second one, and part of that reason was that I've been worried about returning to the same sort of irritating difficulty I had with some of the flying bosses and especially that last one with the rings.

Well this came out of nowhere, the first 2 have always been on my "maybe some day" list. I heard the second one is pretty nuts.

That's interesting because I had a conversation on the retro section about these game (was reading it back earlier after spotting this new thread) and he (I forgot who) said the second one was a lot less bonkers compared to the first. I loved the first game though, and that definitely is dark and certainly is batshit crazy in places. I did all the 5 endings and loved the way they allowed you to replay levels after initial completion in order to seek out hidden chapters and scenes which lead to entire new direction with new key characters which also go on to become some sort of power you can call upon in battle. It was rock hard too in places, but worth it.

I'm definitely intreagued by this third one but after looking back at the intro for the first one, there's something about it I prefer over this. The less (slightly) cartoony look for a start, and probably the lack of comedy which I never like when it's supposed to be dark and atmopherically (is this even a word?) engaging.

Never did get onto playing the second one, and part of that reason was that I've been worried about returning to the same sort of irritating difficulty I had with some of the flying bosses and especially that last one with the rings.

I've never understood why the double post thing happens on rare occasions. If I delete the lower quote, it automatically gets rid of the top one so im just gonna leave it as it is.