rllmuk
Professor Puzzles

Inside No.9

I watched Nana's Party again last night for the first time - such a good episode!  Hilarious and tragic at the same time.

I know they're not directly comparable, but I prefer Sardines to Nan's Party for an episode where family secrets uncomfortably unfold.

Well The Harrowing episode was pretty brutal, I was expecting a twist and the twist was there was none.

STarting wathcing this on Netflix with a hangover yesterday, pretty much to the end of season 2.

The burglary episode with the painting is the funniest thing I have seen on TV for absolutely ages.

• Upvote 4

Finished series two of this last night on Netflix and I thought it was superb. I was a little disappointed that it wasn't going to be a single story, Psychoville-style, but each story was so well told that I loved getting new characters every episode. Nanas Birthday Party, the Cat Burglars, the Samaritans one and the fake Reality Horror TV were the highlights. I don't think there was a bad episode in both series. 

And now I read the thread and I see there's a 3rd series AND a Christmas special. Amazing. *wavey arms smiley*

• Upvote 3

Finished up the third series last night and I really enjoyed it. Reading through some of the comments in this thread it doesn't seem to have been as well received as the others. But I thought it was as good as the first two series although there were times I found myself trying to spot the twist. Highlights were the Christmas episode, the crossword puzzle one and the karaoke one. I found the change of pace for the karaoke one quite welcome. The only one I didn't like was the restaurant bill one, the double twist was too far-fetched. 

Can't wait for series 4. 

• Upvote 3

Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton are on the latest Adam Buxton podcast, they state a new season of Inside No. 9 has been filmed and will be released in the next few months.

They discuss this at around the 30 minute mark.

• Upvote 4

On 16/10/2017 at 20:44, grounded_dreams said:

Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton are on the latest Adam Buxton podcast, they state a new season of Inside No. 9 has been filmed and will be released in the next few months.

They discuss this at around the 30 minute mark.

Yup. Coming in less than a month now! Woop.

LINK

• Upvote 2

Watched our first episode last night after enjoying the LoG specials. The shoe episode. Absolutely incredible. Keeley Hawes was brilliant and brought a real air of legitimacy to it, which made it even funnier.

Very grim ending, mind :ph34r:

Watch the 12 days of Christine (season 2) next. As the title suggests, Christmas is a prominent component of the episode and it will leave you full of festive cheer for the rest of the holiday season. 

Ha! I think 12 days of Christine is the most harrowing and upsetting half hour of anything I've ever seen. It's properly genius and wonderful, don't get me wrong.

I was watching on my own and my house mate came in so, being an absolute lad, I pretended to not be affected.

As soon as it ended I ran into my room and cried for about a minute. Lad. 

• Upvote 6

Watched 12 Days of Christine - thanks for the recommendation. It was nice to watch something to lift my spirits after all the shit that’s gone on in 2017 :lol:

Loved it. Grim as fuck though. Also watched A Quiet Night In, loved it, and The Bill, and we loved that too.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, grounded_dreams said:

Just a heads up that series four starts tomorrow (2nd) on BBC2 at 10pm. 

l8Xq1FB.jpg

• Upvote 6

I was enjoying it at first but by the halfway point I'd pretty much lost interest in what was going on. One to admire rather than enjoy for me personally. 

From past experience, I kind of expect each series to have 2 brilliant episodes, 2 good episodes and 2 poor episodes, which, for me, is a similar quality ratio to Rick and Morty.

It was good, but it felt slightly odd. The whole aesthetic of the hotel didn't sit well with the verse style for me. But it was darkly funny and packed with wordplay.

I thought this was amazing. A Shakespearean farce with all the trimmings. Felt like 90mins worth of content stuffed into 30mins.

• Upvote 1

I've only just started watching this, but loving it so far. A Quiet Night In was sublime - I actually laughed out loud when that enormous dog came waltzing through the door :lol:

• Upvote 2

A quiet night in is possibly my favourite. That said I really liked this week's episode particularly after my recent Upstart Crow binge.

• Upvote 2