rllmuk
Harsin

Amazon Prime Video

Oooh, I love westerns but had not heard of that. Will check it out. :)

On 05/06/2020 at 20:03, Thor said:

Yes. Buffy is fucking great. Some proper feel-good TV along with some genuinely brilliant TV. :)

Been thinking of re-watching it for a while. 

better hurry up before the reboot drops 

;)

6 hours ago, gospvg said:

The excellent Hell on Wheels has been added back again to prime, if you love westerns it is a must-watch one of my favourite shows of the last few years.

Seems to only be Seasons 1-3 though?

11 hours ago, pledge said:

Seems to only be Seasons 1-3 though?

What?! That is stupid of Amazon! Hate it when streaming services do not put up the full box set. Sorry all still a great series but alas only 3 season on prime.

The excellent Knives Out is being added 17th July & Rambo Last Blood 10th July <_<

• Upvote 6

On 01/07/2020 at 09:18, gospvg said:

What?! That is stupid of Amazon! Hate it when streaming services do not put up the full box set. Sorry all still a great series but alas only 3 season on prime.

Don't sweat it, I enjoyed the first episode last night. Even though I saw Anson Mount's name in the credits, I didn't recognise him! 

• Upvote 1

On 29/06/2020 at 20:00, sandman said:

I thought Hanna was excellent if a little unnecessary when the film was so good in the first place. The lead actress is incredible (and just to make you feel old is Samantha Morton’s daughter who I remember watching in stuff when she was very young)

Watched the first season of Hanna, and enjoyed every episode. Nice use of Aphex Twin's Windowlicker, as well.

• Upvote 1

Upload is my fave new surprise show - couple of eps to go and really enjoying it, funny and surprisingly thoughtful.

Glad it’s been renewed.

• Upvote 2

It's a weird one. I think if it was more than 20-odd minutes per episode then it'd wear out its welcome. But it's not, so it doesn't. So my post was pointless.

Not sure if anyone mentioned it, but the Chris Morris movie The Day Shall Come is up on Prime.

• Upvote 5

Anybody with an interest in WW2 or specifically the War in The Pacific should check out The Fighter Pilot.  A Japanese film (Subtitled) unsurprisingly about an ace zero pilot fighting from Pearl Harbour through to the end of the war.  

Extremely interesting to see things from a Japanese point of view & just one little tidbit I picked up early on was the attack on Pearl Harbour for the Japanese happened on December 8th 1941 and not December 7th date we all know from the history books.:omg:

On 03/07/2020 at 16:51, Gotters said:

Upload is my fave new surprise show - couple of eps to go and really enjoying it, funny and surprisingly thoughtful.

Glad it’s been renewed.

I finished it last night and loved it. Best thing I’ve watched in the last few weeks. 

Blade Runner 2049 HD & 4K version & Blind Fury have been added.

• Upvote 2

Just has an email to say they're rolling out user profiles soon.  Hopefully they'll introduce kids profiles.  Their TV app is crap enough already without it being stunk up by the stuff the kids have been watching. 

• Upvote 1

On 05/07/2020 at 00:37, Waggo said:

Anybody with an interest in WW2 or specifically the War in The Pacific should check out The Fighter Pilot.  A Japanese film (Subtitled) unsurprisingly about an ace zero pilot fighting from Pearl Harbour through to the end of the war.  

Extremely interesting to see things from a Japanese point of view & just one little tidbit I picked up early on was the attack on Pearl Harbour for the Japanese happened on December 8th 1941 and not December 7th date we all know from the history books.:omg:

Oooh, that sounds right up my street, cheers!

Watched 24 Hour Party People last night. Haven’t seen it since the original cinema release. Rather enjoyed it, for what it is. Sort-of an unofficial Partridge film (in an alternative universe where Alan is pretentious and well-read rather than being a shallow-minded philistine), part heavily fictionalised biopic. Still, was a bit distracting that it’s packed full of actors who were minor players at the time but well-known now (like (ugh) Peter Kay, but at least in this individual example he’s barely in it).

2 hours ago, monkeydog said:

Just has an email to say they're rolling out user profiles soon.  Hopefully they'll introduce kids profiles.  Their TV app is crap enough already without it being stunk up by the stuff the kids have been watching. 

It does have a kids profile. And it's crap. At least, I can't find half the "Thomas and Friends" stuff that is available on Amazon on it. I think a few other things are missing too.

But, thanks to having profiles in general I've given my 2 year old an adult profile just to not screw up my profile. 

Finished off season two of Hanna, it's only 8 episodes but they were all superb. More seasons please.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Protocol Penguin said:

Watched 24 Hour Party People last night. Haven’t seen it since the original cinema release. Rather enjoyed it, for what it is. Sort-of an unofficial Partridge film (in an alternative universe where Alan is pretentious and well-read rather than being a shallow-minded philistine), part heavily fictionalised biopic. Still, was a bit distracting that it’s packed full of actors who were minor players at the time but well-known now (like (ugh) Peter Kay, but at least in this individual example he’s barely in it).

There’s so much in this post that is almost correct while at the same time being completely wrong that I’m not sure if it’s the best troll post in the world or not?

• Upvote 1

On 07/07/2020 at 14:56, ZOK said:

Oooh, that sounds right up my street, cheers!

Your welcome.  Hope you enjoy.

Just noticed that Ken Loach's Sorry We Missed You is up on Prime. In case anyone needs more reasons to be angry with the Tories.

• Upvote 2

On 03/07/2020 at 16:51, Gotters said:

Glad it’s been renewed.

Started Upload last night. Seems very similar to The Good Place! Similar jokes though the tone seems a little darker. 

Enjoyed it and shall continue. 

Annoyingly Blade Runner 2049 has been taken off already! What was only on for a couple of days!

I have tweeted amazon prime uk but I don't expect a response.

In other good news Moon has been added, go enjoy.

• Upvote 2

On 10/07/2020 at 09:02, gospvg said:

Annoyingly Blade Runner 2049 has been taken off already!

I've just checked on the website and it's still available, I added the UHD version to my watchlist.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Minion said:

I've just checked on the website and it's still available, I added the UHD version to my watchlist.

Looking at justwatch.com new films and it's reappeared today 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Minion said:

Watch it quick before it disappears again!

5 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Watch it quick before it disappears again!

I saw it twice in the cinema :) But yes I may watch it again whilst it's up in UHD

• Upvote 1