Amazon Prime Video

28 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

So, we're on episode 7 of the last season of Halt and Catch Fire - 4 episodes left - and Amazon have removed it from Prime. 2020 strikes again. :hmm:

Fucksake you're not wrong. I'd just started season 2. Other people might set sail on the high seas, obviously I wouldn't consider that one bit!

1 hour ago, mdn2 said:

So, we're on episode 7 of the last season of Halt and Catch Fire - 4 episodes left - and Amazon have removed it from Prime. 2020 strikes again. :hmm:

Damn, that's awful. :( It's been on there for fucking ages as well. Bad timing.

1 hour ago, Vimster said:

Fucksake you're not wrong. I'd just started season 2. Other people might set sail on the high seas, obviously I wouldn't consider that one bit!

I started season 2 myself only yesterday, season one was so damn good too.

1 hour ago, Camel said:

And I'd just got to the season two finale. Started watching it based on some comments in here and it's brilliant.

Fuck you Amazon.

It's fuck you, Amazon, fuck you, Showtime, fuck you, rights-holders who really don't give a shit about people actually getting to see this stuff. What changed? Absolutely ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, ZOK said:

Sorry for your loss people. Two weeks earlier and I would have been in your shoes! :(

It was you talking about it which sold me on the show, so indirectly you're going to get a percentage of the blame from me @ZOK. Damn you! 

We're buying the last four episodes and finishing it tonight - from the Google store, not from Amazon. They can fuck off. 

On 06/10/2020 at 19:27, gospvg said:

1917 & Parasite coming to Prime this month.

1917 - October 16

Parasite - October 23

Quoting myself but you have a choice of two great films to enjoy this weekend. My tip watch them both!

9 hours ago, gospvg said:

Quoting myself but you have a choice of two great films to enjoy this weekend. My tip watch them both!

I'm sure 1917 is great, and I probably will watch it this weekend, but the high concept - as I gleaned it from the trailer - really put me off.

"You must deliver this message by tomorrow or thousands of soldiers are going to die needlessly by walking into a deadly trap."

OK, those are pretty high stakes in most circumstances, but this was WW1.  We all know that any soldiers saved here are only going to die needlessly in another stupid, vain, 'over-the-top' manoeuvre a week later, so what's the point? 

(Maybe the film addresses this, I don't know, but the trailer just made me angry, to be honest.)

It's really good there is more to it then " you must just deliver this message" it also looks stunning on 4K.

Fuck it! I'm going to watch it again this weekend.

2 hours ago, Ste Pickford said:

OK, those are pretty high stakes in most circumstances, but this was WW1.  We all know that any soldiers saved here are only going to die needlessly in another stupid, vain, 'over-the-top' manoeuvre a week later, so what's the point? 

(Maybe the film addresses this, I don't know, but the trailer just made me angry, to be honest.)

It does acknowledge it, briefly.

On 23/10/2020 at 16:08, Ste Pickford said:

I'm sure 1917 is great, and I probably will watch it this weekend, but the high concept - as I gleaned it from the trailer - really put me off.

"You must deliver this message by tomorrow or thousands of soldiers are going to die needlessly by walking into a deadly trap."

The silly story and irritating 'one shot' gimmick are not even the worst of it - the acting from the lead pair is just dire and it all combines to make for a very tedious watch indeed.

It does have some occasional flashes of decent cinematography but otherwise it is just about the most breathlessly over-rated film I can recall in a very long time.

On 24/10/2020 at 20:23, James Lyon said:

Top tier rubbish.

Absolutely. I rewatched all of them a couple of years back and yes, they're trash, they have issues, they suffer from that fast-cut all-energy-no-sense editing, they're very silly, but if you're willing to engage with the trash and just enjoy them for that you're in for a good time. Paul W S Anderson is, for me, the king of this sort of high-quality rubbish. Event Horizon is probably the high point, some would argue that's not rubbish at all. Resi though, stupid entertainment. 

4 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

Great, time for another argument with my two boys as I try fruitlessly to get them to watch the best action adventure movie ever made whilst they insist that Raiders is shit because it is old and the 'graphics' aren't very good. Pair of clueless little cunts. 

:facepalm: