Amazon Prime Video

On 29/10/2020 at 15:43, KartoffelKopf said:

Great, time for another argument with my two boys as I try fruitlessly to get them to watch the best action adventure movie ever made whilst they insist that Raiders is shit because it is old and the 'graphics' aren't very good. Pair of clueless little cunts. 

Just make them watch Crystal Skull directly afterwards. That’ll teach them the real meaning of the word “shit”.

2 hours ago, Fierce Poodle said:

Just make them watch Crystal Skull directly afterwards. That’ll teach them the real meaning of the word “shit”.

Crystal Skull does have great graphics though. For example, remember the alien interdimensional being at the end?

Spoiler

Craig_The_Halo_Infinite_Brute_Banner.jpg.1ee20bccfade8ca2ac4fc1dbccb94f9e.jpg

On 29/10/2020 at 15:43, KartoffelKopf said:

Great, time for another argument with my two boys as I try fruitlessly to get them to watch the best action adventure movie ever made whilst they insist that Raiders is shit because it is old and the 'graphics' aren't very good. Pair of clueless little cunts. 

:lol:

As I've been doing plenty of desk based work the last couple of days, I've been searching Prime for random shit to watch, stumbled upon Swamp Thing yesterday, it's actually alright, shame there were only 10 episodes and it didn't get picked up for a second season, but worth a watch, then today, I've been watching "Upload" a quaint world of the near future, where your consciousness can be uploaded to a virtual afterlife, it was reasonably compelling and again, worth watching, finished all 10 episodes of this today and thankfully , season 2 has got the go ahead.

Wonder what unknown tatt I can find for tomorrow? :)

Yeah, the missus and I liked Swamp Thing for the slice of over-the-top, foetid Southern Gothic it was. Bit bonkers, but it pulled off the crazy story well enough. Mix of hammy and actually quite good performances.

Season 2 is brilliant, but very different in tone to season 1. Not really very comparable with season 1...in fact it’s much closer as a series to the superlative Too Old to Die Young than it is to the first show.

Yes! That’s exactly what I mean, the tone of S2 is bananas, it’s so much like a proto TOTDY I wouldn’t be surprised if Wingdings Refn was watching it at the same time he was filming. Interesting that I noticed the prominent Lunar Park pic in the bully’s hall watching that clip, I wonder if it’s a reference to the Bret Easton Ellis novel.

@Meh is a right, S2 is crammed full of hokey lines, which adds to the joy of it...but so is S1 if you take them in isolation, they are really not that different in that regard. S1 is just more linear and traditionally structured, even though the ending didn’t really pay off the mysterious atmosphere they’d created with it, unfortunately.

2 minutes ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

Interesting, might give totdy a look.

First thing I note from a cursory inspection is that the run times for each episode seem to vary quite a bit. Strikes me as a little unusual.

Everything about the show is unusual. In the best possible way.

2 hours ago, Vulgar Monkey said:

First thing I note from a cursory inspection is that the run times for each episode seem to vary quite a bit. Strikes me as a little unusual.

Think of it like chapters in a book. They're as long or as short as they need to be.

On 11/11/2020 at 18:35, ZOK said:

Too Old to Die Young is one of the best shows available, it’s in an entirely different class to True Detective.

It's one of those shows which leaves you with so many crystal clear memories. I didn't like the last episode much but it was more about the journey than the destination.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 20:00, DirkCrisis said:

One of my favourite bits of TOTDY outside of the electric car madness is dancing to the ten commandments.

I watched this again and there’s a nice little compilation video linked to it about composition in the show:

I’ve been rinsing Justified on Prime. I don’t know how I’d not come across it before! It’s basically a modern day western, but with organised crime instead of being in the Wild West, and not just because of the cowboy hat. Highly recommend.