Amazon Prime Video

I tried starting Community on All4 once. There was no native app on my TV, but the phone app allowed casting. But it was like VHS or something. Luckily the show came elsewhere (Prime I think) shortly after. 

Is it just me or is Prime Video giving Netflix a spanking these days regards to content quality?

Haven’t seen anything of note on Netflix the last while, aside from Parks and Rec 

8 hours ago, gospvg said:

Oh! Train to Busan was decent though.

Yeah the first one is great, but this has no real connection to that film and doesn’t even really feel like it’s in the same world. It has its moments, but certainly not in the same league sadly. 

Watched I Care A Lot last night. Rosamund Pike was fabulous and I did enjoy the movie as a whole but it's also quite a nasty watch. There isn't really anyone to root for so by the end I felt quite apathetic about what happened to whom. 

Fascinating and horrifying to see how easily the guardian legal system in the US can be abused though. 

• gospvg changed the title to Amazon Prime Video

I have moved all 50+The Shield posts to it’s dedicated thread, the odd few posts about a show/film is ok but when it gets to these high number of posts you really need to use the dedicated threads.

Apologies on hindsight I should have moved them earlier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching Man in the High Castle. 

I have never been more frustrated with a show in my life.

So much good ideas coupled with absolute stupidity and a ridiculous ending. Clear they wanted to wrap it up and didn't have a clue what to do. The writers didn't have a clue. I Was fuming.

I need to read the book now. Forget about this mess. 

6 minutes ago, Ry said:

I just finished watching Man in the High Castle. 

I have never been more frustrated with a show in my life.

So much good ideas coupled with absolute stupidity and a ridiculous ending. Clear they wanted to wrap it up and didn't have a clue what to do. The writers didn't have a clue. I Was fuming.

I need to read the book now. Forget about this mess. 

I bailed after the first season.  The book is a genuine classic.  The series seemed to just want to spin things out forever (based on what I saw in the first season), so I had no desire to keep watching.

Started watching Upload tonight - from Greg Daniels, who worked on Parks & Rec, so that hooked me in. I’m enjoying it a lot, very watchable. Quite funny, surprisingly believable vision of the near future, wrapped in a fun mystery. 

21 minutes ago, Popo said:

Started watching Upload tonight - from Greg Daniels, who worked on Parks & Rec, so that hooked me in. I’m enjoying it a lot, very watchable. Quite funny, surprisingly believable vision of the near future, wrapped in a fun mystery. 

As someone who watched all of it in a day ( maybe 2 ) I can 100% say stick with it, I can't wait for S02 :)

37 minutes ago, MikeBeaver said:

As someone who watched all of it in a day ( maybe 2 ) I can 100% say stick with it, I can't wait for S02 :)

We enjoyed it too. Similar but definitely different enough to The Good Place.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Benny said:

Never seen the recently added King of New York before. What a deliciously grotty little film it is too.

Man, what a treat!

We watched that at the weekend too, amazing stuff. So many weird little edits make me wonder what was going on in the final cut. Anyway, yes, deliciously grotty is a fine description.

I need to rewatch it. Been some time since I last watched. 

Dario Argento directed it didn't he? Or am I totally misremembering that?