IGNORED

Amazon Prime Video

Harsin

For fuck's sake!!

Me and the missus have been watching Castle and made it up to 5 episodes into season 7. Went to watch last night and it's no longer on Prime video. :(

Ah well, luckily it's on Disney+. 😁

4 hours ago, teddymeow said:

For fuck's sake!!

Me and the missus have been watching Castle and made it up to 5 episodes into season 7. Went to watch last night and it's no longer on Prime video. :(

Ah well, luckily it's on Disney+. 😁

Dedications what you need...

15 hours ago, monkeydog said:

The what now?

FRCR. FLCL. Fooli-Cooli. Furi-Kuri. Ummmm, weird Japanese anime with an odd name that changes across the episodes.

Actually, don't watch it if you're not at all interested in anime or animation. Otherwise, give it a go. Shoulda put this in the anime topic.

32 minutes ago, smac said:

FRCR. FLCL. Fooli-Cooli. Furi-Kuri. Ummmm, weird Japanese anime with an odd name that changes across the episodes.

Actually, don't watch it if you're not at all interested in anime or animation. Otherwise, give it a go. Shoulda put this in the anime topic.

Happy to watch anime/animation if it's interesting.  Still can't find it under either of those though!

I have never seen a 4k or HDR TV but I have one arriving today. Is there a film or program on prime to wow me with my new TV?

I think the iplayer has some nature documentaries available to stream in 4k hdr which I think could be a good test. 

25 minutes ago, Mallet said:

I have never seen a 4k or HDR TV but I have one arriving today. Is there a film or program on prime to wow me with my new TV?

I think the iplayer has some nature documentaries available to stream in 4k hdr which I think could be a good test. 

Sicario is in 4K on prime and looks amazing in 4K. It was my go to film to show my new 4K telly to people when I got it last year.

Green Knight is 4K on Prime as well and also looks stunning.

29 minutes ago, Mallet said:

There is a Dolbyvision app you can add that has stacks of eye popping snippets in it that will really show off the set.

8 minutes ago, ZOK said:

There is a Dolbyvision app you can add that has stacks of eye popping snippets in it that will really show off the set.

Unfortunately it's a Samsung so no Dolby vision but thanks for the suggestion. 

I actually watched Sicario no that ago, it might be interesting to see if I can see the difference. 

9 minutes ago, Swallow said:

Does it cover last year?

Yeah, it's the 2021 season. 

Just watched the first episodes it's less heavily edited so far than DtS, but they've chosen to dub over the non-english speakers and you can't turn it off.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/03/2022 at 09:42, grounded_dreams said:

Just a heads up for any fans of Bosch, the spin off show Bosch: Legacy starts 6th May on IMDb:TV, which I think can be accessed via Prime Video.

But why is it a spinoff when it features him and his daughter? 

So weird.

watched the first 2 eps of the well reviewed HBO Max series Hacks last night (thought all HBO stuff normally went to Sky, so not sure why on Amazon)

it's pretty good, the setup is an old school Vegas resident comedienne (and captain of home shopping selling) forced into taking on an edgy millennial comedy writer, clashing of worlds/views etc etc.

so far not too saccharine, their worlds are clashing but not breaking out into instant harmony, though suspect that may be the way it heads.

very watchable.

Yep, 3 episodes into Hacks and it’s great. Proper “odd couple” comedy, with both main characters bouncing off, and learning from each other. 

Who knew two of the best telly programmes of late would be “comedy dramas about female stand-ups”?

Finished Hacks, really enjoyed it. Whole thing hangs around Jean Smart’s performance as the star turn comedienne.

Took me a few eps to place her from Frasier many years ago, where she played Kirby’s mum, who she made Frasier tutor.

Outer Range centers on Royal Abbott (Josh Brolin), a rancher fighting for his land and family, who discovers an unfathomable mystery at the edge of Wyoming's wilderness.

Love me some Brolin, looking forward to this one! Trailer of course shows maybe too much...

Has anyone here done a rewatch of the older Bond films in recent years ?

Tempted to watch them all from Dr No again. I'm pretty sure I've seen them all but must be 20 plus years since I have seen some.