IGNORED

The Collected U.S Box Office Reports - OUT NOW! Link in Post #58

Goose

Sounds good.

What sort of cut do Amazon take as I'd think that might be a better option due to ease of buying/syncing and you may (and should do) end up with sales from people who haven't heard of the reports?

Amazon will give 70% royalties if it's US$2.99 or more (with the UK price then fluctuating daily as the exchange rate varies - currently it would be £1.80) and 35% if it's less than that (minimum price of 99 cents/60p). On that basis he'd be financially best off doing it all in one volume (although could offer it both as individual volumes and as a complete collection, of course).

Would - although a poll of people on here probably (definitely) isn't representative of the wider population.

Offer the individual volumes at 99p and then the complete set for £1.80.

If someone likes volume 1 then they can still buy the complete set for less than individually buying Vol 2 & 3.

You'd make 35p per volume or £1.38 for the full set.

Well I'd buy it but then again I'm not indicative of the target audience. One idea, but one that that would involve more work, would be to strip out the background aspects of the report from the numbers and present them alone as a compendium of the backgrounds and development history of films. I'm not sure quite how much interest historical box office numbers have but I'm sure there would be more widespread interest on a book devoted to the history and production of specific films.

Thanks for all the support, really appreciated. What I'll do is get all three volumes ready to go and decide what to do with them. My wife said she enjoyed the intro, but I'm not sure if that was because it was quite good or she just knows me so found parts of it funny!

All spell checking done, and it's back to one single volume. It'll be £2.99 from amazon (because of the page count) but for that you'll get a Kindle compatible version, proper table of content, every column I ever wrote along with a 7000 word intro.

All I have left is to get the credits done (I plan to include as many forum names as possible) and just a general layout check.

If anyone wants to write a quote for the front pages 'his writing was almost quite average' type if thing, just let me know. I'll try and include as many as I can.

Thank you all again.

If anyone wants to write a quote for the front pages 'his writing was almost quite average' type if thing, just let me know. I'll try and include as many as I can.

"If Holiday on the Buses had been included, this would be perfect."

I look forward to the ebook's release :)

I miss the box office reports terribly - not because I miss seeing a "top 10 viewed films in the US" every week, but because for someone with only a passing interest in the industry behind films, you offered a concise, fascinating view of the production, marketing and impact of each and every film, giving me a far greater understanding of each film, and of film production in general. £2.99 seems far too little for the years of entertainment and insight you offered.

Will buy this for sure... I really REALLY want a physical copy though, as just can't get on with eBooks on my phone.

Will support this though and maybe treat myself to a Kindle when money is better. Well done Goose!

Anyone I've missed?

lordcookie, Vemsie, Fishyfish, Citrus, Headache, Treble, Rudderless, Capwn, Michael J Glocks, Len, playingwithcoxy, jonamok, jonbd, kerraig UK, gizmo1990, Carlos Valderrama, Graham_S, taurusnipple, DoctorGlyndwr, Links, Charles, Nick R, The-Pope-Smokes-Dope!, monsly, Wickedkitten, Silent Runner, ryodi, tonymg, christaylor, nightwaxon, hollowman, Charliemouse, Hanzo the Razor, theGodofCheeky, strawdonkey, Vimster, Wiper, revlob, sjeh, Marzipan Travolta, jawadx, larbo ned, rumblecat, SMD, A123, Staplehead!, Captain Novaforce, Sabreman, bradigor, Glasgowchivas, aidey6, SweatyTravolta, Stigweard, SmokeMeAKipper, AlanT, Mentazm, Steely, Ben, sandman, Sarlaccfood, AK Bell, Nobuo's Organ, Poet, ngchol, Tony, Andross, sexton_hardcastle, mindgames, Sponge, deerokus, MrEPotato, Jimmyzilla, Happertesch, mlewis, SeanR, Trent Taylor, noizu, Toblerone, SpagMasterSwift, Peter, hoot, Mthor, Roper, Red Alignment, grounded_dreams, thonderbult, Gommy, GazEFC, mdn2, rmg, MickMarmalade, fatbot, Finger Bob, sammy, JohnnyNolan, Moostapha, Arc'Tan'Gent, TehStu, Albert Fish, Rowan Morrison, Dork Knight, Despin, Drlha, SweatyTravolta, mdn2, tonymg, Eighthours, Ork1927, hobo, taurusnipple, BlinkyBear, Sloth, Van, catinthehat, Protocol Penguin, JohnC, M.Hulot, γρυψ, The Sarge, Gambit, Ghost, HarMGM, Puck, Linkster

Nope, nobody missed at all.

:(

• 1 month later...

Last chance to add your name and/or quote to the list. I was waiting for a quote that turned up yesterday, so I'll compile everything together (the book itself is together, but quote and credits still need to go in) then send it off for formatting.

• 4 months later...