PlayStation VR

29 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

L48Ej8m.jpg

So first game I tried was Battlezone. Had to quit after 15 minutes, felt a bit nauseous, kinda like that feeling when you get off a long haul flight. Enjoyed what I played but felt it looked a bit ropey.

An hour later felt fine, so went into VR Worlds and OH MY FUCKING DAYS that's amazing. Did the Scavenger one, the jumping, the shooting, the entire 360 world. I swear a lot but the video my mam took of it is NSFL.

Genuinely taken aback by how good it is. Its not £700 good (because I can't afford it) but its way more than a gimmick. Not had that reaction to anything in gaming since the leap from 2D to 3D.

Please tell me you have Rez?

31 minutes ago, Dark Soldier said:

Genuinely taken aback by how good it is. Its not £700 good (because I can't afford it) but its way more than a gimmick. Not had that reaction to anything in gaming since the leap from 2D to 3D.

"Welcome to the family, Son!"

Pretty much the same reaction everyone else has had here at some point. When you feel utterly lost in the other world, you can really forget that you aren't really there.

Even the other night playing TumbleVR, I was trying to temporarily place objects on a table I knew was next to me in the real world, but obviously not there in VR. That mixing up still throws me sometimes.

You should try the Playroom (seriously!) and the demo disc download next. Both free and will give you a good range of what's available.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, MW_Jimmy said:

"Welcome to the family, Son!"

Pretty much the same reaction everyone else has had here at some point. When you feel utterly lost in the other world, you can really forget that you aren't really there.

Even the other night playing TumbleVR, I was trying to temporarily place objects on a table I knew was next to me in the real world, but obviously not there in VR. That mixing up still throws me sometimes.

You should try the Playroom (seriously!) and the demo disc download next. Both free and will give you a good range of what's available.

Reddit lol x

Exactly. I think the gun will be great giving a really good sense of immersion. Plus, you know for a fact if you don;t buy the Gun on launch, you will hear everyone here say how amazing it is. Then you'll decide to buy one, and find out it is sold out everywhere.

• Upvote 2
27 minutes ago, Spleen said:

I can't see how it'd work with a normal move controller, no movement see.

Probably dualshock only I guess.

I've pre-ordered one from Amazon!

It worked in resi evil 7. 

Edit: i read that wrong as thought it was ps4 controller.

Don't do that! See the Zelda debacle. ;)

In other news this arrived today. Box was in an absolute state, and not sealed so clearly not brand new. Looks ok inside though:

C031789A-B6C5-4DA3-93AA-008C44C82EB2_zps8l0pwpac.thumb.JPG.69e2046f7ec4eaea69aa4d1308aa3d30.JPG02922FC0-2788-4C81-BBB7-244FACF57800_zpscik5xifw.thumb.JPG.cf4db0678bc45a88a99530c7463961f2.JPG52A2CB8C-6414-4006-9285-AA8C95009514_zpssyhtxnoo.thumb.JPG.02c59bb860fee92fe9aa81a45e2c3f26.JPG

I'll give it a go tonight, but basically all I think it does is add some sharpening and noise reduction in a similar way to your TV - obviously the screens in the helmet don't have image enhancement besides brightness.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

I know this might be a stupid question but can you play regular games through the VR headset, in 2D?

I can imagine playing something like Titanfall with a headset being really immersive

You can, but I don't really like it. Imagine a big virtual screen floating in black space and you just about have it.

The 4.5 OS update and 2.5 VR update (dont forget to update to 2.5 from the PS VR Menu under Devices in the System menu once you've done 4.5) appear to make the cinematic mode image a little bit nicer and image drift appears to be a bit better (as in there's less). 

Anyone got a stand for the headset?

There's one at Amazon that doubles as a DS4 and Move controller charging dock, but it's not out in the UK yet.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dynamo-Charging-Station-PSVR-PS4/dp/B01LZD8V7G

Amazon has other stands in stock (different brands, but the same actual design as each other), but they've not reviewed well.

There was also one that was basically a faceless head, which just looks too odd for me.