IGNORED

PlayStation VR

rubberducker

2 hours ago, geldra said:

@Davros sock drawer how's the 4K cable working out?

Also, more 4.5 improvements (stoled from gaf):  

It does something, but I'm not sure I like it.

Basically it fucks with the sharpness etc in a similar way to all the shit you need to turn off when you get a telly. It also seems to add some weird blue artifacts, at least in Ocean Descent.

So yeah. Not good.

Anyway, I'm visiting friends this weekend so I took my PS4 and PSVR.

It's the first time I've shown it to another lifelong gamer. He's a comics fan too, So I downloaded Batman.

Suffice to say his mind was blown. I think I just sold another PSVR set for Sony.

I only played a bit of Batman, but from what I played I think it might be the best showcase for PSVR currently.

We're going to try it out on his (very tall and grown up) 10 year old later.

Played through Apollo 11 last night and it's good. If you have any interest in space exploration it does give a unique outlook on mans greatest journey more so than any film I've watched. You can control the docking and landing sequences as well, mine was about as successful as Matt Damon's in The Martian. 

Playing through it did make me even a bit  sceptical of if they actually did it; blasting off from the surface of the moon and redocking in lunar orbit for the way home, all on the power of less than a Casio calculator made it all the more staggering.

They must have filled their suits on reentry  as you watched the heat shield burn up outside the windows.

Looks crisp as well.

My cousin and brother in law came over last night and tried this out. They were too chicken for resident evil, so it was just the VR demo disc, but they loved ocean descent, driveclub and headmaster. I'd have the set sold to them if it wasn't for a) the wires, b) the price of the games, c) the cost of the camera and d) cost of the move controllers on top. They were really put off by all that and I have to say I agree, which is why i only have resident evil 7 and the demo disc to play, and no move controllers, but despite all that, they absolutely loved it and kept saying it was the future. 

11 minutes ago, macosx said:

Played through Apollo 11 last night and it's good. If you have any interest in space exploration it does give a unique outlook on mans greatest journey more so than any film I've watched. You can control the docking and landing sequences as well, mine was about as successful as Matt Damon's in The Martian. 

Playing through it did make me even a bit  sceptical of if they actually did it; blasting off from the surface of the moon and redocking in lunar orbit for the way home, all on the power of less than a Casio calculator made it all the more staggering.

They must have filled their suits on reentry  as you watched the heat shield burn up outside the windows.

Looks crisp as well.

And this

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

It would, and I might have a buyer if you are serious about selling - see above!

I haven't 100% decided yet but it's spring and I'm getting the spring clean bug plus urge to buy more guitar gear. I'll perhaps decide by tomorrow. 

5 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Ok, well consider this an official "First dibs please!" if you do decide to move it on.

Will do.

i know I'll regret it later in the year. I know I'll be back but just seems like a good thing to do right now.

Had a look at the Cyber Danganronpa tech demo thing at last - I'm not that familiar with the series but it seemed like a pretty surreal setup compared to other VR stuff that's more grounded in reality. Still, it's quite fun to mess around in. :) 

I finally caved and bought batman. I didn't get it previously, despite being a big batman and rocksteady fan, because I thought it'd be another glorified tech demo and, I guess, it kinda was. But it was also fantastic. I need a full game of that asap. 

I don't have move controllers, though, so played the whole thing with the pad. 

I love mine, when I use it. But since Xmas, I've always found something else to do with my gaming time (Zelda is consuming everything at the mo, natch) which is indicative of the primary problem with the faff of plugging it all in, recalibrating the moves, clearing a playspace, corralling the dog somewhere safe etc.

I feel I'm progressing to a stage where switch will be my day to day console-console. To play with others, and in bed, and on the tv and when watching tv. And then my PS4 will be the VR machine for when I have specially made time for it. My event machine. 

Whilst, my Xbox has no place to fill.

9 hours ago, Davros sock drawer said:

How so? You just plug the headset in and go right? I keep mine in a drawer.

No. I have to piss about getting everything out of the box, changing HDMI cables, plugging everything in and then do the reverse when I want to put it away again, only this time trying to ensure all the cables fit back into the boxes they came in so I can close the damn thing. It's just more faff than I would have liked. 

23 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

Is that just because of the 4K TV stuff mentioned above? Cos that does sound like a faff.

Yeah its an arse. You have to unplug the HDMI from the PS4 Pro, then put it into the PSVR breakout box, and vice versa. once you've finished. I might not sound much, but when you are reaching behind plugging things in and out its a ballache.

Also I just keep the leads under the TV unit - Sod putting everything back in boxes.

2 minutes ago, Davros sock drawer said:

I like to have everything tucked away neatly, so yeah, that does sound like a pain. No 4k TV for me though, so it's no more hassle than plugging in a wired controller.

Yup before I updgraded it was just plugged it in it was no bother.

I don't want to give Sony any ideas but I would willingly pay for a 4K HDR pass through upgraded box