rllmuk
rubberducker

PlayStation VR

7 minutes ago, mansizerooster said:

Oh Jesus. A Ghostbusters game could be astounding.

using the AIM controller. Hey, it needs games that'll sell it...

• Upvote 1

There seems to be a sale on random VR games on the UK psn store. Werewolves within down to £15 as part of the ubisoft sale, RIGs down to £25 and so on. Might be worth checking out if you're after something new to play on your expensive headset!

Well after a VR hiatus I'm back! First observation - VR legs fade fast. Been playing Resident Evil 7 which in hind sight probably wasn't the best game to get back into VR with as it's a bit of a queaze fest initially. However with tweaked controls and some lengthy sessions I've finally got my VR legs back.

What a game Resident Evil is, VR is perfect for it and on the Pro it looks pretty impressive. I totally recommend it even to those not so keen on VR horror. I'm with you on this, I don't really like the idea of spending my R&R tense and scared. However, after you get you neck snapped (yeah that's pretty special in VR) a few times it's all fun an games. It's also expectedly paced in the sense you know it's been quiet for a bit and the next jump scare is literally just round the corner.

Thoroughly recommended and if you think your too scared to play do what I did and just use your TV/surround sound set up instead of the isolation of the ear buds! Also the first hour demo is apparently very different to the actual first hour of the game. I've not played the demo so i cant say but anyone who thought 'nope' after playing it may want to reconsider. It's certainly worth it and worst case scenario you could play out of VR if it's too much.

Sorry if I'm reiterating what others have said I've not gone back through the other pages yet.

My only other VR gaming has been surprisingly at work on the Rift playing Super Hot VR! Wow I cant wait for a PSVR port, I've never played Super Hot before but in VR with touch controllers it's like being Neo in the Matrix, just epic. It's one of the few games to get close to 'killer app'. 

• Upvote 2

Finally got around to playing Batman Arkham VR tonight.

Initially tried to play sitting down, with the Move controllers, as i didn't want to walk into anything standing up.

Tracking didn't work well - couldn't even play the piano at the start.

Didn't want to piss around moving the camera yet again, so tried again using the DS4 instead.

Not as good as controlling Batman's hands, but still worked well.

Anyway. Very short game, but the immersion was great, and it made me feel like I was The Goddamn Batman far more than the normal Batman Arkham games :)

On 25/03/2017 at 03:13, Tezcatlipoca said:

Finally got around to playing Batman Arkham VR tonight.

Initially tried to play sitting down, with the Move controllers, as i didn't want to walk into anything standing up.

Tracking didn't work well - couldn't even play the piano at the start.

Didn't want to piss around moving the camera yet again, so tried again using the DS4 instead.

Not as good as controlling Batman's hands, but still worked well.

Anyway. Very short game, but the immersion was great, and it made me feel like I was The Goddamn Batman far more than the normal Batman Arkham games :)

Dude you ruined it. It's like 10 times more immersive with the Moves. Glad you still enjoyed it, but damn, man. :(

On 21/03/2017 at 18:11, Harrisown said:

I've decided to sell up for now. I will be back in the future but for now...

[/shameless plug]

if anyone's interested

So I'm going to take this and I'm super excited, I've been wanting to try VR for ages and this was just too tempting to pass on.

So, for a noob what should my first port of call be? I've been watching videos online that mention the demo disc and to try as many free games as possible to acclimatise? I use video goggles for flying FPV quads and planes so I'm hoping motion sickness won't be an issue.

Another question, this will be going in my gaming room and I have a projector, is that likely to screw up tracking if the camera is looking at it? It's on the ceiling. Anyone else using it with a projector?

Korix is out today - well worth the £15. It's a cross between a tower defence/RTS game. Looks and plays terrific. There's a 5 hour campaign, skirmish, online and co-op for up to 4 players....

12 hours ago, iwan_canobi said:

So I'm going to take this and I'm super excited, I've been wanting to try VR for ages and this was just too tempting to pass on.

So, for a noob what should my first port of call be? I've been watching videos online that mention the demo disc and to try as many free games as possible to acclimatise? I use video goggles for flying FPV quads and planes so I'm hoping motion sickness won't be an issue.

Another question, this will be going in my gaming room and I have a projector, is that likely to screw up tracking if the camera is looking at it? It's on the ceiling. Anyone else using it with a projector?

you know... I see this being an issue. the camera/psvr/move requires decent lighting to track properly. if you're in a darkened room...

I dunno.

[edit]

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-VR/Projector-PSVR-PS-camera/m-p/24557449

[edit2]

I've asked frank

Edited by SeanR
  • Upvote 1

I think there could be real longevity with Korix. I'm playing through the campaign and it really starts ramping up the difficulty big-time when there are 2 enemy base and flying enemies start to appear. 

It's getting a big thumbs up from me. If you've enjoyed Pixeljunk Monsters or GeoDefense, I suspect you'd love this too.

1 hour ago, SeanR said:

you know... I see this being an issue. the camera/psvr/move requires decent lighting to track properly. if you're in a darkened room...

I dunno.

[edit]

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-VR/Projector-PSVR-PS-camera/m-p/24557449

[edit2]

I've asked frank

Awesome, looks like it should be fine in that case, just need something to mount the camera onto the wall I'm projecting to.

Cheers!

I haven't put this on for ages now -- although that's partly just about the quantity of great non-VR stuff that's been coming out.

So I just went through the thought process of selling it.

And I just couldn't ever let Thumper in VR go. Not ever!

54 minutes ago, iwan_canobi said:

Awesome, looks like it should be fine in that case, just need something to mount the camera onto the wall I'm projecting to.

Cheers!

The camera can go anywhere you like - within the reach of the cable obviously. But it doesn't need to be anywhere near the screen, so long as it's pointing at you.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Davros sock drawer said:

The camera can go anywhere you like - within the reach of the cable obviously. But it doesn't need to be anywhere near the screen, so long as it's pointing at you.

Ah that's a good point, although my couch is facing the screen so figured it would be better there so I could sit as well. Do most people stand? How long is the cable?

On 29/03/2017 at 11:56, iwan_canobi said:

Cheers!

Frankie says:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, SeanR said:

Frankie says:

That was a quick turnaround, I had no idea what you meant when you said you'd asked Frankie, now I know!

Thats good to know though, looks like I may need to put the camera somewhere else then! It's not a massive room and the sofa faces the wall where the screen is, so I'm not sure what will be best. I think I'll maybe put the camera on a tripod, that way I can move it around depending on what I'm playing. I guess 90% of the time I'll be playing alone so i'll just have the projector off, it's just if I've got mates round or something. Everyone I've mentioned to now wants a shot as well, so that could be a likely scenario to begin with!