rllmuk
rubberducker

PlayStation VR

Summer Lesson while being a game for pervs has a surprisingly good sense of presence.

A friend told me that.

5 minutes ago, Harrisown said:

Surely the news networks have to pick up on summer lesson. Surely it'll feature in a panorama episode before the year is out.

Given what my friend has played of it I'd be surprised if it didn't.

I've installed the Rogue One demo and have a copy of the game in the PS4 / VR set up- where the fuck do you launch the actual game from? Not seeing an option anywhere.

2 hours ago, Steven said:

I've installed the Rogue One demo and have a copy of the game in the PS4 / VR set up- where the fuck do you launch the actual game from? Not seeing an option anywhere.

if that's the battlefront thing you need to load the battlefront game and select the VR mission from there.

6 hours ago, spatular said:

if that's the battlefront thing you need to load the battlefront game and select the VR mission from there.

That's the problem, there's nothing anywhere I look, just MP and SP options. No VR or anything.

Haven't touched my PS VR in months.

Any reasons I should hold on to it? Any proper games coming out for it the following months, preferably rail shooters? Or should I just sell?

So here we are almost 6 months on since it released and even though I use it regularly I know it's not The Future of video games and I don't think VR ever will be. People are lazy or rather people like to relax when playing games and you can't really do that when you have to sit or stand in a specific sweet spot for the camera to track you. I like to loll about when I'm gaming which you can't do in VR. It becomes a bit of an event, a bit of a faff when you wan't to play. Then you have the isolation of being in the headset and even if you're home alone it's very hard to fully relax with your awareness of your surroundings being taken away. I've seen people say that wireless headsets will make VR a success but I don't think so, sure it removes all the wires but that's not really the issue holding it back is it? It's the relaxing and isolation imo.

I'm not selling my PSVR, I really do love it and I don't want to give up my REZ, Thumber and Pinball machine but I'm not blinded by my love for it, I'm all too aware of it's flaws. I'm looking forward to Polybius and Star Trek Bridge Crew & I have my fingers crossed for E3 hoping Sony don't pull a Vita but I'm not feeling too optimistic about that tbh. From my understanding PSVR is selling phenomenally well in Japan so maybe that will ensure PSVR has a future...if you like games about looking up the skirts of school girls at least :( 
But going back to Vita comparison it does seem that the indies are picking up the slack here too which is great but also a shame it has to be the case.
A lot riding on E3 and games conference season for PSVR, sure does feel familiar doesn't it?

• Upvote 7

So I install everything and launch the Rogue One VR mission and it now just hangs in a loading loop on the loading screen with the spinning yellow loading circle just going round forever.

Pile of dog shit.

16 hours ago, dumpster said:

The headset starts to gather dust. You play Resident Evil with a control pad to see how the game play differs.  You get the Wii out and play Mario. You become apathetic to the setup and the faff with cables.

But then, you go, what the hell, I'll blow a tenner on Dirt Rally. And that day one feeling comes right back.  The experience of a full length game, brilliantly adapted to VR with no motion sickness (you can see the way they have tackled everything that made me vomit on Richard Burns Rally on the Rift) is just unsurpassed. With a wheel it's phenomenal. 

Yeah, I've got a vive but I was a bit like this and then downloaded the Belko escape room and exactly the same thing, suddenly you're right back in love with VR for something that literally couldn't be done without it.

1 hour ago, parrapatheslapper said:

OMFG. So gotta try this tonight,

You need to keep the USB connected to the PS4, and plug a hdmi that loops from the back of the breakout box to the front. Then connect the PSTV to the breakout box. The headset thinks it is connected to the PS4 but you get the HDMI in cinema mode. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, dumpster said:

You need to keep the USB connected to the PS4, and plug a hdmi that loops from the back of the breakout box to the front. Then connect the PSTV to the breakout box. The headset thinks it is connected to the PS4 but you get the HDMI in cinema mode. 

the psvr helmet jacks straight into pstv HDMI socket? it doesn't need to pass through the breakout box first?

[edit]

no wait, I'm not seeing it. Diagram?

Edited by SeanR

There's a few very cheap games in the sale.  Anyone know about these £3 ones? Anything good?

Is Rez still the demo showpiece it was on launch? Or now the novelty has worn off, is it worth it?  Rez or Thumper - which one?

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/295330/Sony_going_commercial_with_PlayStation_VR_after_making_slow_progress_with_consumers.php

Sony will start pushing its PlayStation VR virtual reality headset as a commercial device after making "slower-than-expected" progress in the consumer arena, according to a Wall Street Journal report citing people familiar with the matter.

I can't understand the reports of slow sales. They sold out on launch day, and only came back into retail a couple of weeks ago - if they sold every one they manufactured then how can that be bad?

34 minutes ago, dumpster said:

I can't understand the reports of slow sales. They sold out on launch day, and only came back into retail a couple of weeks ago - if they sold every one they manufactured then how can that be bad?

Fake news.