rllmuk
rubberducker

PlayStation VR

Get starship disco

2 hours ago, Super Craig said:

What's the handling like in Dirt Rally? Is it a proper sim or arcade-like?

proper sim-like without driving aids

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Super Craig said:

Cheers. Not touching it with a barge pole then.

oh, dont say that! You could stick it on easy, and enjoy it

[edit]

as long as it's not career mode apparently

Edited by SeanR

I've just bought Rez and I'm finding it unplayable for anything other than the shortest of playtimes.

As soon as the first text appears, the muscles behind my eyes start complaining. The stereo image just looks slightly off to me and after about twenty minutes the pain my head becomes so great I have to stop.

No other games have this effect on me. Battlezone, Rigs, Eve, Driveclub, VRWorlds, Batman etc all fine. I could play them for hours.

Does anyone else notice eye strain with Rez? 

My eye distance measurements are fine, the same as they are in real life.

I've had cataracts removed from both eyes, which means I now have a fixed focal length(set to infinity), but that that should have nothing to do with convergence problems.

I've loved Rez since the PS2 days and am desperate to enjoy it now in VR, and there's no way I can play continuously for an hour to open the extra level.

Any advice?

30 minutes ago, MrSpiggott said:

I've just bought Rez and I'm finding it unplayable for anything other than the shortest of playtimes.

As soon as the first text appears, the muscles behind my eyes start complaining. The stereo image just looks slightly off to me and after about twenty minutes the pain my head becomes so great I have to stop.

No other games have this effect on me. Battlezone, Rigs, Eve, Driveclub, VRWorlds, Batman etc all fine. I could play them for hours.

Does anyone else notice eye strain with Rez? 

My eye distance measurements are fine, the same as they are in real life.

I've had cataracts removed from both eyes, which means I now have a fixed focal length(set to infinity), but that that should have nothing to do with convergence problems.

I've loved Rez since the PS2 days and am desperate to enjoy it now in VR, and there's no way I can play continuously for an hour to open the extra level.

Any advice?

I don't suffer those problems with Rez, but you don't need to play continuously to open up Area X, and maybe (hopefully) Area X doesn't give you the same problems as it uses an entirely different engine. You can even just fire up level 1 repeatedly (and not play), and just let the game continue until you die. Do that a few times and you open up Area X (can't remember but you may need to restart the game for that option to appear).

• Upvote 1

Or indeed play the game in non-VR mode to unlock Area X.

No idea on the underlying problem, though, as I've not had anything like it :( 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the feedback.

It's strange it's just me that's effected. 

I suspect it's due to a combination of a couple of things.

Firstly, this was one of the first PSVR games released when techniques were being developed, and by a company with no previous VR experience, so the game might be right on the edge of Sony's 3D comfort guidelines. The fact that no other game has this effect on me could back this up.

And secondly,  maybe I have a very slight squint at this focal length so my muscles are having to work overtime trying to join a slightly faulty stereo image together.

I'll try looping the first level in 2D mode and see if I can't unlock the extra stage.

On 07/04/2017 at 14:35, Flub said:

Has anyone tried the new 360 videos yet? Are they 3d as well or just flat 360?

Do you mean like the 360 youtube vids?  I think they'll always be flat as there's no way to effectively capture images for both eyes with 3d cameras (unless you're talking about something different). 

So has the 3d blu ray mode been added yet?

I've been teetering on the edge for a PSVR purchase. I have an S7 edge and the VR headset for it and its a pretty fun distraction. But I find using it more of an event than just a relaxed quick blast or prolonged gaming thing. Hard to explain but even though it's pretty quick to setup I find myself having to psych myself up for a session. I've had RE7 since release, which I've held off playing in case I plump for a PSVR and I've just got a Logitech G29 wheel and I'm so close to pushing the button.

All I'm after is for someone in this thread to say "fucking buy one" and I think that will break the camels back.

Tell me to fuckin buy one rllmuk.

I made my mom try VR yesterday and it was hilarious, with her trying to reach out and touch things, or flinching out of the way of stuff, but she actually loved it. 

If anyone is interested I have a PSVR set coming up for sale - all boxed with camera v2 and 2 move controllers - £400 + delivery or collect from south Manchester.

Just noticed that LittlStar VR has been upgraded to play a variety of VR Movies, including 180 and 360 degree *ahem* films. 

:eyebrows:

You still have to download them into a stick, but... It's quite quick and easy to do.

Just played the tutorial and a couple of matches with bots in Starblood Area. I like it so far. It looks lovely and sharp, really colourful and clear - amost at Bound levels.

The character models are really nicely detailed. No idea how different they all play, but clearly getting an Overwatch vibe, far more than Eve or Rigs.

8 hours ago, Hardbattle said:

Overwatch vibe

You can't say things like that!

We get the feeling the game is trying to ape Overwatch

http://metro.co.uk/2017/04/12/starblood-arena-review-descent-into-virtual-reality-6569397/

Stop it!

VR’s Overwatch

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2017/04/11/starblood-arena-review-vrs-overwatch-psvr/#/slide/1

I can't afford this!

3 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

I see Apollo 11 is under a tenner. Worth it? Haven't had a new VR experience in a while, and fancy something.

How interested are you in the moon landings ? 

So it's rough around the edges , and not exactly state of the art graphically . However it's very well presented . There is very little gameplay to speak of . I thought it was worthwhile but then I love the Apollo programme .

Yep, I'll be getting Apollo 11. Love anything moon landings, and the non-gaming missus has actually told me to get it as she's a massive Apollo fan (The Dish is her favourite film) and wants to be there in VR.

On 10/04/2017 at 07:04, Doctor Shark said:

I made my mom try VR yesterday and it was hilarious, with her trying to reach out and touch things, or flinching out of the way of stuff, but she actually loved it. 

Actually this is a good time to make this post too, although it concerns a Vive not PSVR.

Mrs Dudley's mum is disabled so when she visited I set up my vive with the office chair for her and chose some of the seated experiences and she was absolutely blown away by TheBlu and GoogleEarth VR.  Next time she really wants to do Apollo 11.

For her of course, it's even further from anything she could ever do than it is for the rest of us, she could never scuba dive for instance so something like TheBlu is even more freeing.  I hadn't really considered that beforehand.

• Upvote 5