rllmuk
rubberducker

PlayStation VR

2 hours ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

EVE Valkyrie is £25 in the sale at the moment.

Worth it?

I'm enjoying it.

It's online only, apart from tutorials and a few historic missions, but the combat is enjoyable.

Turning, pitching and rolling speeds are very fast, the opposite of the stars wars xwing level, so may cause a bit of discomfort, especially the new ground based level. But it's so satisfying weaving in and out of superstructures trying to lose another ship.

Looks very nice on Pro as well.

Battlezone and Rigs are better if you haven't got those yet, but as i said, I'm really enjoying it.

• Upvote 1

Mate and his family were around this weekend so the VR was out. Had some great games of Everyone keep talking and one his girls was amazingly brave on Rush Of Blood. Funny to watch the squirming though. ( we had just watched the IT trailer though :)

I picked up VR Rally and had a couple of quick goes. Looks so much better than DC VR thankfully.

13 hours ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

EVE Valkyrie is £25 in the sale at the moment.

Worth it?

It's awesome if you enjoy flying round & round in circles trying to shoot stuff. :omg:

It's rubbish.

• Upvote 1

Had a quick look earlier; it's good fun! The VR application seems like a really natural fit, and smashing your face into another pillar is so much more impactful when it's not on a flat TV display. :D 

Now that the dust has settled and there are lots of games to choose from, is Rez still amazing?  Keep thinking to pick it up in the sale, but I have played it to death on other formats.  After Dirt Rally with a wheel and all the other stuff we've played since VR came out, is Rez still the showpiece?

No it's shi- 

Ha, it's fucking immense. A transcendent experience. The best use of VR that doesn't require putting your plonker in a fleshlight.

• Upvote 1

I just spent £15 on Rez and a tenner on Thumper.  Holy SHIT, Rez is outstanding.  I was bored with the whole idea, having rinsed it on other formats, but SHITHOUSE that is something extraordinary.  The new viewpoint makes a world of difference.

Haven't started Thumper yet.

• Upvote 3

In case you haven't noticed Polybius has been delayed until 10th May. Sony's mindbogglingly bureaucratic and labyrinth red tape got in the way. 

4 hours ago, Flub said:

In case you haven't noticed Polybius has been delayed until 10th May. Sony's mindbogglingly bureaucratic and labyrinth red tape got in the way. 

FFS!

18 minutes ago, parrapatheslapper said:

Shame - but 10th isn't too long off.

Also - this looks interesting and is out today 

And there's a demo!

• Upvote 1

This is great. Really crisp visuals, and if you love Portal, you'll love this. It really feels like a Portal offshoot.

Finished last night and definitely feel it's one of the top tier PSVR experiences. Took me about 4.5 hours, got stumped on a few and took a few breaks. 

5 hours ago, mansizerooster said:

Is there any hint about Rick & Morty's VR game coming to PSVR? It'd be an insta-buy for me.

I think i saw a comment on reddit that theyre looking at it but no confirm.

13 minutes ago, dumpster said:

There's a trophy for beating Area X with the alternate boss and ending.  Might just google it, it's something I have to see

This is all based on

which of the two walker style bosses you choose to defeat

Its great to see all this new Rez Infinite love btw.

• Upvote 1

So I bought Rez, despite saying I wouldn't because it wasn't my type of game and all I can say is holy shit. 

Spoiler

It's still not my type of game. Ah well, at least it was only £15. 

• Upvote 2