Jump to content
IGNORED

PlayStation VR


rubberducker
 Share

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, Qazimod said:

Driveclub? Dirt Rally? Forget those, it's time for:

 

 

 

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/vr-karts/cid=EP2889-CUSA06711_00-VRKARTS000000001

 

Y'know a casual racer might be fun for people not into sims...but this still looks awful :P and it's a full price (£34.99) thing too...

 

This is £6.99 on PC and still got absolutely slaughtered in reviews.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Napole0n said:

Yeah, just seen the Minter commentary vid in the other thread.

 

Bought.

 

Tonight I'm going to get baked and try it out, should be wild.

 

Its going to blow your mind, it did mine and I wasn't baked.

 

the time slowdown fx, warping, fucking with perspective, trippy light fx, strobing, it will amaze. he will never better it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got a Pro, biggest improvements are definitely in VR - One thing I've noticed beyond the improvements in visuals is there seems to be less latency - not sure why that'd be or even maybe I'm losing what was a tenuous grip on reality - but as I move my head around I'm sure things seem to refresh faster on the Pro. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Farpoint/Aim Controller set is sold out in a few places. I've got my preorder in. Really don't know why when all I've seen of this is alien spiders flying at your character's face. The one thing I do not want from VR!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I used my helmet to watch Dredd 3D last night, and when it went to that red vision cam it got seriously blocky, like potato-quality, but the rest of the time it was ok. Except when it was dark/black then the film grain "issue" crops up as well... Would a pro fix the blockiness?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DC07 said:

The Farpoint/Aim Controller set is sold out in a few places. I've got my preorder in. Really don't know why when all I've seen of this is alien spiders flying at your character's face. The one thing I do not want from VR!

 

relax, there's BOUND to be sexy alien ladies with 3 tits and two mouths as well.

Spoiler

who'll turn out to be spiders, with spinets in their va-foo-foos

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SeanR said:

I used my helmet to watch Dredd 3D last night, and when it went to that red vision cam it got seriously blocky, like potato-quality, but the rest of the time it was ok. Except when it was dark/black then the film grain "issue" crops up as well... Would a pro fix the blockiness?

 

I haven't seen any of this blockness you speak of?

 

Unless you mean the CCTV scenes that re meant to be blocky? :P

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I need to see more about bridge crew. Is it just a series of missions? What if you don't have four people to play with? What if someone drops out? Is it just combat missions? Can you fly about, or is each section literally just within a predefined box that you can't get out of? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

And when I'm not pulling crazy manoeuvres at the helm, I'll be consoling Beverly Crusher - with my penis. 

 

she could console you with hers... he's called wesley.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Following from my earlier moan about how no PSVR related items can actually be found anywhere in Japan at RRP, I have been able to pick up a Move controller! That goes with my old one to give me the set I need. I'm surprised the new one has the same USB slot, as the old I heard they updated it to a micro-USB?

 

However, still can't buy a headset. I was all geared up for it, bummer :(

 

Unrelated question about the 3D bluray stuff - there were a handful of PS3 games that used 3D display technology (thinking of Child of Eden specifically). I know you can jig the inputs to play PS3 games in cinema mode. Any way to make that work in 3D?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Darwock said:

Unrelated question about the 3D bluray stuff - there were a handful of PS3 games that used 3D display technology (thinking of Child of Eden specifically). I know you can jig the inputs to play PS3 games in cinema mode. Any way to make that work in 3D?

Great question - Wipeout HD support 3D TV's!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.