IGNORED

PlayStation VR

rubberducker

How's CoolPaint going? Anyone know? Obviously massively keen to see Dreams but was kind of hoping that CoolPaint would be out before to scratch some of the VR art itch while I'm waiting. ...

((If i ever had time to do any vr art stuff at the mo....))

1 minute ago, Benny said:

Also, does anyone else have Star Trek Bridge Crew and still play it? I bought it ages ago but still haven't got round to giving it a try, and I'm expecting there to be no other humans online...

I have it and have NEVER PLAYED IT...

I've got some cash I'm allowed to splurge on something, so I was wondering, is a PSVR worth getting if you only have a regular PS4? I don't know how much better it is on the pro. Also, how essential are the move controllers? That makes it a lot more expensive if you really need them.

I had a regular PS4 when I first got PSVR last year then upgraded to a Pro console a few months ago.

I can't see any difference in VR image quality etc

Tried Rush of Blood, Eagle Flight, Dirt VR as well as various demos, can't see any discernible difference.

What games are supposed to look better on PSVR with the Pro console?

Dirty Rally has some quite obvious improvements on the Pro, the most obvious being rain/snow effects on the windscreen.

I’d say it’s still definitely worth picking up PSVR if you have an OG PS4, but if you don’t have a PS4 and are picking one up primarily for PSVR (which is what I did), I’d recommend going for the Pro.

13 minutes ago, GokouD said:

Excellent, I'll probably be getting one then, my main concern was that framerate would be lower without a pro.

Developers cant release games with anything lower than a rock solid 60fps as it will induce motion sickness. Pro versions tend to up the visual effects, introduce better anti aliasing through higher resolutions, or higher framerates (120 refresh rate is incredibly smooth - Polybius does this on both the Standard and Pro)

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2016/3/17/11256142/sony-framerate-60fps-vr-certification

24 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

That's the fucking plan, man! I'm going to lose myself completely. Which reminds me, who was the guy who actually made a Skyrim helmet and wore it while playing the game because he was unemployed and had nothing else to do? :lol:

@CovisGod you have been summoned

On 11/14/2017 at 21:27, grindmouse said:

I have the same question with Black Friday coming up. Read somewhere places the supply price was dropping and that we may see bundles starting at £250 - though I'd need the xamera and move too. But only got a OG PS4 so wonder if it's worth waiting anyway.

Yeah official Sony deal £249 inc GT or Skyrim.  

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-16-jelly-deals-playstation-vr-bundle-for-249-99-includes-skyrim-vr-or-gt-sport

Ends on the 27th I think and yes it will be version 1.

3 minutes ago, Andy XC said:

Yeah official Sony deal £249 inc GT or Skyrim.  

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-11-16-jelly-deals-playstation-vr-bundle-for-249-99-includes-skyrim-vr-or-gt-sport

Ends on the 27th I think and yes it will be version 1.

It does come with the camera but it being version 1 is probably a deal breaker for me due to the HDR thing. Will see how I hold out.