rllmuk
rubberducker

PlayStation VR

Treated myself to Ultrawings at the weekend. Was hoping it would be in the Black Friday sale but it wasn't, so I paid full price and I don't regret it. What a lovely game.

I've had a HOTAS sitting unused in its box for ages. This is what it was waiting for. (That and Ace Combat 7 but I will wait for a sale on that).

Stuck it straight on Simulator mode with all comfort settings off, and it's just right.

• Upvote 3

Got one of these sat waiting for me under the tree (metaphorically, tree will go up much later). Any hidden gems to check out? Got the Megapack 2 and Doom VFR plus No Man's Sky already. Beat Saber, Moss and Tetris are on my list. Anything else?

First: get Move Controllers.

Also first: Astrobot. Best PSVR exclusive.

- SuperHot is good fun in VR. Requires a big empty space as well as Moves.

- If you can be bothered with Skyrim, the VR version is good fun. It's literally just Skyrim but in VR which adds more than you'd think. Can be played with Dual Shock 4 or Moves.

- Here They Lie. Neat David Lynch-esque mystery thriller. Was part of PS+ once.

- Rez. It's Rez in VR.

- If you are into high scores and rhythm, check out Thumper. Has a demo on the Store. Was part of PS+ once.

- Wipeout. Cracking fun if your stomach is up for it. Was part of PS+ once.

- Give Statik a try (demo on the Store). A calming puzzle game that uses the Dual Shock 4. Works well in couch coop where there couch helps (they see on the telly what you see in the headset).

• Upvote 3

Depending on how long you've been s subscriber to PS+, you might have more than that. One that comes to mind is Bound.

• Upvote 1

Not set up my PSVR in well over 12 months but noticed that Blood and Truth was down to £14.99 on Amazon last Friday

In preparation I set the PSVR up and it seems my camera is completely dead, no red light and not connecting under the settings > devices menu

It's an original square PS4 camera, do these things have a habit of dying?

1 hour ago, Gorf said:

Not set up my PSVR in well over 12 months but noticed that Blood and Truth was down to £14.99 on Amazon last Friday

In preparation I set the PSVR up and it seems my camera is completely dead, no red light and not connecting under the settings > devices menu

Not that I know of - is there any factory reset option?

Picked up Dirt Rally VR  looking forward to that (got a physical copy). Decided to go with this over Driveclub VR at the moment because it just looks to be a great contrast to something like GTS. 

Also picked up Gunjack which is a basic shooter not played that much get but looks fun and it was only around £3 on the PSN store.

Tried the demo for Wip3out the other day... Wow.... Jeez this has brought a whole new dimension to it.... I'm still crap at it though however the experience is fantastic. I can sew it being nausea inducing after an hour or so though! Will pick it up at some point this week.

Wow, has anybody played Crisis VRigade recently? It was one of the first VR games I bought (hey, for £4 it was a total bargain) but as fun as it was, it was an absolute rock in terms of difficulty. I thought I'd have another go on it, as it's been months since last playing it and I've had a total blast with it. It's had a lot of updates which have softened the difficulty a touch, added Aim support and they've also included two extra levels, which can now be accessed without completing the initial bank raid level. The bank raid is still tough as nails but the dockside escape seems far more balanced. Really had a lot of fun with it this morning and if you've not got it yet, or bought it ages ago and haven't played it recently, I can recommend it as one of my favourite VR experiences.

It's £7.49 right now on the PS Store: https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP4826-CUSA14721_00-0000000000000002?emcid=pa-st-165841

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Gorf said:

This happened to me last week. I fixed it by going in to the power menu and restarting the console from there.

On a related note, i'm loving my PSVR. Noticed last night that i had a few games sitting on my account from PS+, Until Dawn VR and and a few others :)

• Upvote 1

Just now, Uncle Mike said:

I've got it - it was way too hard when I did. If they've softened it, I might be tempted in for another go.

Yeah, the main change is you can get away with popping your head out from behind cover for more than a nanosecond without getting your head blown off! Don't get me wrong, it's still tough but I've got up to what I assume is the second or third to last screen, whereas initially, I was struggling to get further than the second. Give the Docks level a go, it's not just more forgiving in terms of cover, but it's just struck me as more fun in terms of enemy positioning and number etc. Pro tip, don't go the warehouse route. :P

Good grief totally addicted to this!

My stack of games is already piling up:-

Dirt Rally (on order) - Looking forward to playing watched the reviews on YT.

Wipeout Omega collection - Nausea inducing racing love it! Thankfully doesn't make me feel sick yet. Its like WO was made for this way back when it released on PSOne. 

Astrobot - If you have PSVR you should have this simple as that. Outstanding demonstration of how a platformer should be done in VR.

Resident Evil - Not played yet looks nerve wrecking. Not a massive fan of RE series in general and much prefer the Silent Hill way of doing horror. However this is a showcase scary game so had.to be done.

Gran Turismo Sport (already has this but new experience especially with the wheel too!)

Polybius - addictive as hell best shooter I've played for a while..

Everest - not really a game more an experience. Worth picking up in a sale I think although I am enjoying it.

Finally picked up No Man's Sky today. Having never actually played the game so far (wanted to but kept hearing about all the problems) and being a fan of Elite thought this would be a great experience in VR. Space. Ships. Planets. Exploration. Sold. Hopefully I'll like it.... But to be honest just flying around exploring and looking round planets etc will be enough. Might not even "play" the game. :)

Edit: Just picked up Bound too in the sale (currently £6.50). Love Santa Monica Studios other work and now with VR no brainer.

Think I've spent more on gaming on the past few months than the past two years. Like a kid in a sweet shop. All started with Luigi's Mansion on the Switch.... Then the splurge when I got the PSVR. Think I have enough content to keep me busy for the next couple of years :D Next gen consoles will have to wait a fair while I think. If I ever get around to buying one.... Looking like PC upgrade and Oculus is highly likely!

Anyway bound was the last buy for a while... Happy exploring your virtual worlds everyone.... :D

• Upvote 6

Put Resi evil on earlier....whole new level of scary... Also it feels more Silent Hill too than some of the other RE games I've played.... Not sure if I can play this for long periods of time my nerves will be shot!!!

1 hour ago, AceGrace said:

just for info Ace Combat 7 is cheap at TheGameCollection

Noooooo only thing I haven't covered is flying games.... :)

And Battlezone is £15 too.... I'm being sensible though have far too much to play already....

Just tried Dirt Rally - so much more imersive it's great. Driving around the mountain roads feels even more dangerous now.... Surprised how much of a difference this makes. Just need to hook the wheel up now and get the full experience.... 

1 hour ago, MattyP said:

Put Resi evil on earlier....whole new level of scary... Also it feels more Silent Hill too than some of the other RE games I've played.... Not sure if I can play this for long periods of time my nerves will be shot!!!

It's an amazing experience in VR, keep going.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, MattyP said:

Edit: Just picked up Bound too in the sale (currently £6.50). Love Santa Monica Studios other work and now with VR no brainer.

I was completely unaware of this until you mentioned it. It looks like something I need to play. It looks like something I might hate too (or possibly love also), but either way I definitely need to play it. It's downloading now...

Super-tempted by Ace Combat as well, but I really shouldn't - I'm not meant to be spending cash right now. So obviously the phrase "early Christmas present" suddenly jumps into my mind - stupid, reckless brain. Will have a ponder...

• Upvote 1

Ace Combat’s VR is 3 or so specially designed missions that are not part of the Campaign. Don’t buy it strictly for the VR.

• Upvote 1

What he says is true...

...but I probably would have bought it just for the VR. In terms of immersion (disclaimer, I have the flight stick) it's top of my list of all VR titles.

That said - anybody who wants to fly a fighter plane in VR is obviously interested enough to enjoy the rest of the game on its own merits.

• Upvote 3

I'm torn because I probably won't find the time to play the game right now, but really want to play the VR missions. I think I will hold off for now because I've got lots of other stuff on the go (I'll be back to gush about yesterday's purchase of Bound in a bit hopefully), and it'll probably be available cheaper when I have got time to do it justice. But I remember reading how good everyone said the VR bits were when it released...

On 02/12/2019 at 19:21, Parappa said:

Not that I know of - is there any factory reset option?

Nope, totally dead

Had to buy a used camera from CeX to get it working 

On 04/12/2019 at 22:07, Steven said:

It's an amazing experience in VR, keep going.

Yep - a straight up 10/10 when in VR IMO. Am replaying now after two years after the first time round and it’s still completely amazing and scary.