IGNORED

PlayStation VR

rubberducker

Iron Man feels a bit "blood and truthy" in that it is very cinematic and not as interactive as you might think.  The opening section is incredible. You learn how to fly your suit in a Pilotwings style. It is brilliant and for me the highlight of the demo.  

Then theres a cutscene to watch and it's all very impressive but it's like B+T in that it's the sort of thing that blew us away in VR back at launch but we've seen cut scenes now and we'd like to get back to the game please.

The last section is very cinematic, very good fun and well done. But I had the feeling that I didn't have the same control as the first section.  It feels like you are still flying in the same way but there is a lot of auto correction to keep you where the cinematics need you to be.  

It's great fun as a demo and I will use it as a show off piece, but I wonder if the full game will have that B+T problem, where you play through it, love it, finish it and don't want to load it up ever again.

Yeah, I enjoyed Iron Man. The first, "training section" was a bit of a chore, as you really do have to adjust to the way you use the hand thrusters to move around. Once that begins to click, you can really enjoy it. I was just getting used to it for the second part of the cinematic portion of the demo. When I remembered that you could use one hand for thrust and another to shoot simultaneously, it really started to become fun. Yeah, all being well I'll be getting this.

Still downloading for me. Bah! Need to be in bed in an hour. Tomorrow then... Sounds like one to wait for the reviews for though. Fingers crossed the full game is more game-heavy, but I don't trust developers who tend to run with story. If they start down that path, they'll tend to stick with it (wannabe film directors are a curse on the industry, IMO - I've had to work with a few).

Enjoyed the demo, can’t imagine wanting to get the main game unless it’s below £10. 

Like some guys have suggested, if this was a PSVR release title it’d be an essential purchase, but doesn’t look like it offers much completely new as a VR experience. Pretty fun though.

I haven't had time to test this theory but I suspect that in the last section of the demo the position you hold the move controllers doesn't affect your flying direction. in the opening section you have full control but in the cinematic stuff where your following the jets the game seems to be playing itself so long as you fly roughly in the right direction.

I was really impressed by it, especially the initial lift off and how well the thrusters worked. I don’t know about a full game though - it almost felt like you’d seen much it had to offer - though I am sure you haven’t. Good fun though.

On 07/05/2020 at 18:42, beenabadbunny said:

I found you need to play through the SP campaign to unlock the good planes before doing the VR missions. The ones you have at the start are no use and make the VR missions really hard in places.

I’m confused by this - there are only four planes available in VR mode on my game, and they were all unlocked in VR mode, not the SP missions - am I missing something?

I would also say there’s not a lot of difference in viability for the missions (except using the A-10 on mission one or three would be a bad idea, obvs) because  it’s mostly about the weapons, and the very first plane has several which make A2A a doodle.

Mission two needs to be done quite fast, that’s why it’s easy to fail I think.

I used the coronavirus downtime to grind out my 76,500km flight distance in VR mode for the last medal. My reward is the tag ‘Sky Tourist’ for online. Crappy, but you’d better believe I’m using it exclusively from now on lol

30 minutes ago, Darwock said:

I’m confused by this - there are only four planes available in VR mode on my game, and they were all unlocked in VR mode, not the SP missions - am I missing something?

I think it's only a few planes since only a few hi poly cockpits were done, otherwise I don't see why you couldn't play through the whole campaign in VR

14 hours ago, catinthehat said:

You can change weapons??

I played through the whole thing twice and didn’t see that option. 

When you do the combat challenge after the main part of the demo, yes :)

Check your main menu on the right hand side after completing it, there are two more challenges.

In enjoyed the Iron Man VR demo. If it's 20 quid I'd probably take a punt. Made me feel proper vertiginous, mind. Like I was on a rollercoaster.

I don't play my PSVR very much at all but I'd be loath to get rid of it. It's not something I could spend all evening on but when I do play it I'm reminded how good it is when it's used well. I've had a copy of Astro Bot sat since Christmas so I think I'm going to get on that.

I got the PSVR out last night for what must have been the first time in 18 months. 
I played some games with my wife to break up the monotony of our evening routine and it was great fun. Accounting + was hilarious, Racket Fury feels just like table tennis, and I didn’t realise there was a load of Beat Saber DLC. I’ll definitely be using more over the next few weeks!

10 minutes ago, Bobbi Champagne Jr said:

I got the PSVR out last night for what must have been the first time in 18 months. 
I played some games with my wife to break up the monotony of our evening routine and it was great fun. Accounting + was hilarious, Racket Fury feels just like table tennis, and I didn’t realise there was a load of Beat Saber DLC. I’ll definitely be using more over the next few weeks!

One game I keep meaning to pick up is I Expect You To Die. I played it at a friend's and even though it's single player watching someone try to get out of the ridiculous situations they're put in is pretty funny.

30 minutes ago, Bobbi Champagne Jr said:

Green day DLC is the best

So I've just bought a PS VR, Astrobot, Skyrim, Wipeout, Doom and Star Trek: Bridge Thingy. :huh: I think lockdown has driven me a little mad. 

What are the other VR must buys? Not interested in Resi 7 - I've completed it elsewhere.

Is Deracine any good?

Edit: Beat Sabre is a definite, but I should probably wait to see what's on sale digitally on this Days Of Play next week, right?

58 minutes ago, mdn2 said:

So I've just bought a PS VR, Astrobot, Skyrim, Wipeout, Doom and Star Trek: Bridge Thingy. :huh: I think lockdown has driven me a little mad. 

What are the other VR must buys? Not interested in Resi 7 - I've completed it elsewhere.

Is Deracine any good?

Edit: Beat Sabre is a definite, but I should probably wait to see what's on sale digitally on this Days Of Play next week, right?

If you haven't played resident evil 7 in VR then you haven't played resident evil 7.