IGNORED

PlayStation VR

rubberducker

Oh man, that spiderbot piloting game on VR Worlds is brutal on the sickness valve. It was a mistake choosing that one for a quick blast before bed. 

Doom VFR and Rush of Blood are £5-odd in the sale so I grabbed those too but I think it’ll be a little while until I give them a go. Bravo Team is cheap right now. I know it’s meant to be generic but I’ve got an aim controller so is there 8 quid’s worth of fun in it?

14 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

It's like 2 quid more digitally isn't it?

And given GT will have to download 95% of the game anyway that's the way I'd go.

Batman too is a lovely, if short little thing.

As good as Walking Dead is, it's pretty dangerous. I honestly nearly broke my nose and the headset trying to stab a zombie in the head who was to my left while another was facing me. I hit the headset pretty hard and it fucked up my nose big time.

This is a Public Service Announcement.

13 hours ago, Dudley said:

And given GT will have to download 95% of the game anyway that's the way I'd go

Yep it was a 5 hour download and the disk copied in about 10 seconds.  

Early opinion after 10 minutes play it seems a real shame you race against 20 cars  but in VR you race against one. In Driveclub, the best VR moments are when you're in the pack with cars all around you. 

On 06/06/2020 at 07:41, Nathan Wind said:

I’d be all over Firewall if it had a single player campaign. It looks quite Rainbow 6ey.

Firewall is such a weird title. Cooperative online only with VR required. How to develop a niche game for a very small market.

Is that not the game developed by Zipper Interactive from those pretty neat shooters on PS2?

Not the right topic - and I could not find a The Persistence topic - but I'm sure The Persistence now offers as non VR mode. I booted the game and it asked me it I wanted to use VR mode. Which VR turned on, it'd show the option to turn VR off. This was never the case right?

Nice of em to make it a free update.

It's criminal how little I played the game. There's something off-putting about a slow moving stealthy rogue-like in VR. Will give it a proper try in non VR this evening.

Couldn’t find a Moss thread, just had a couple of hours on (or should that be ‘in’) it and it’s wonderful. However, I just got to the first chest and don’t know what I’m meant to do with the shield? It’s just stuck in my floating globe thingy. Also not sure where to go from here, I could only back track a few rooms.

On 16/06/2020 at 23:26, SpagMasterSwift said:

Couldn’t find a Moss thread, just had a couple of hours on (or should that be ‘in’) it and it’s wonderful. However, I just got to the first chest and don’t know what I’m meant to do with the shield? It’s just stuck in my floating globe thingy. Also not sure where to go from here, I could only back track a few rooms.

I cannot remember what to do with this but please please please stick with Moss. It would be such a shame if the story wasn't continued.

23 minutes ago, Dudley said:

The worry I'd have with that is it might point the VR headset at a light source, which can damage the lenses really quickly.

Yes be very careful about this. Left mine in window and went on holiday. Nice burn of my window when I got back on the lense. :(

On that exact stand. 

Slightly relatedly in the current climate, be very careful if you've got any bottles of hand sanitiser in your car. The gel acts as a magnifier and can set fire to your upholstery, and alcohol fumes have a very low flash point so they'll catch fire very easily if there's an ignition source.