rllmuk
rubberducker

PlayStation VR

17 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

This Giant Bomb stream already showcasing the problems with the hardware tracking is moving my mouse cursor towards the pre-order cancel button. As an Occulus owner, I already that these will be the things that will mess you up. They really should have ditched the move stuff for more modern, accurate tech.

It's not just them that are having the same tracking issues too. 

Do the new Move controllers still have the Select text instead of Share? Surely they've updated that.

14 minutes ago, Blu3Flame said:

It's not just them that are having the same tracking issues too. 

That's a worrying sign. I wonder if this will be like Kinect, worked fine in demo environments but as soon as you got it home it gets confused with the curtains.

• Upvote 1

Watching the GB stream and so far this looks really disappointing. Got mine preordered with Amazon for 13th but will be cancelling. Was so hyped, but this just looks a bit, well, shit.

9 minutes ago, Keenor said:

Watching the GB stream and so far this looks really disappointing. Got mine preordered with Amazon for 13th but will be cancelling. Was so hyped, but this just looks a bit shit.

Not sure why you're surprised, 90% of VR stuff for PC has looked fun for all of about five minutes and then something you'll never play again.

8 minutes ago, Keenor said:

Watching the GB stream and so far this looks really disappointing. Got mine preordered with Amazon for 13th but will be cancelling. Was so hyped, but this just looks a bit shit.

Watching the GB stream brought back memories to me of how worked up I got trying to get the Kinect to do what I wanted, and so my enthusiasm has nosedived for it now. Will wait for first hand reports before purchasing, i.e from people on here.

Wait so PSVR can't tell the difference between the headset and the controllers meaning if you move them in front of your face it picks them up as head tracking? That must be a bug specific to the Batman demo otherwise this just gets worse and worse.

• Upvote 1

Yup. GB (and t be fair the other reviews) have made up my mind. I'll definitely be waiting until I try this before buying. As it stands it just looks too much like an expensive novelty. Day One pre-order cancelled <_<

16 minutes ago, SweatyTravolta said:

That's a worrying sign. I wonder if this will be like Kinect, worked fine in demo environments but as soon as you got it home it gets confused with the curtains.

I should imagine it's the opposite. System that relies on light not coping too well in a  studio with studio lighting and lots of coloured lights in the background is not massively surprising.

It's not helping that Driveclub, Battlezone and RIGS are still embargoed.

Batman and that kitchen thingy aren't what anyone preordered this for.

Moving the hands does look very natural.

I'm keeping my pre-order. The inifial feedback is how I imagined. I just want to be in the journey. Even if it's a bumpy ride.

• Upvote 2

They mentioned it was terrible at home as well though. I was more referring to the fact that all of the demos given in controlled conditions by Sony appear to have positive impressions, like Kinect did for Microsoft. Now it's let loose on the public the crap tracking system is being shown up.

The fact that Jeff is getting sick after two games, when he famously never gets sick in VR should tell you all you need to know.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, PeteBrant said:

I should imagine it's the opposite. System that relies on light not coping too well in a  studio with studio lighting and lots of coloured lights in the background is not massively surprising.

They had all the same problems at home.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HarryBizzle said:

I got in contact with Amazon because one of the sticks on my launch day PS4's pad is now disintegrating and they've given me a very generous voucher.

Only question is whether to deduct it from the PS VR or be stupid and get a Thrustmaster. 

Really?

The rubber cover on mine disintegrated ages ago, is that the issue you had? 

I would like a voucher!

8 minutes ago, VN1X said:

Aaand that's the first time I've seen Jeff genuinely unsettled by VR and needing to stop.

Same. I've watched all their VR videos and never seen him struggle like this before.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DC07 said:

It's not helping that Driveclub, Battlezone and RIGS are still embargoed.

Batman and that kitchen thingy aren't what anyone preordered this for.

When are those embargos up?

I feel like I'm using my pre-order, and therefore 'hard earned cash', just to have a go.

Like someone said above, if I kept the pre-order I doubt I'd still own the thing a week later.

This doesn't look consumer ready to me.   Obviously the potential is there but it looks like a flakey experience and way too much of a faff.

It all looks so clumsy, cumbersome, demanding and fiddly for very little payoff beyond the initial wow factor. Too much faffing and fussing and it really does make you look like a total dick. I can see this taking up permanent residence in cupboards and lofts before Christmas.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

It all looks so clumsy, cumbersome, demanding and fiddly for very little payoff beyond the initial wow factor. Too much faffing and fussing and it really does make you look like a total dick. I can see this taking up permanent residence in cupboards and lofts before Christmas.

The initial wow factor is astonishing though. I don't regret what I've spent on PC VR at all (though I got a really good PC to play The Witcher 3 on too for that.

But it might depend on what you value - definitely an early adopter thing.